• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 NE Patriots @ Vikings Thursday 11/24/2022 8:20 PM FOX

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The notion of RZ failure being on Mac is asinine IMO. He didn't seem to have these issues last year when we had a real OC. Shit I know we can't get Josh back but fuck me in the ass with a pitchfork if Patricia is the answer. BB is at fault for this BS, he experimented and it seems to be failing. If it weren't for this defense what do any of you propose the current record would be?

Offseason Priorities:

1. Try to get the best OT free agent (LT)
2. Get a reasonable option at RT
3. Get an OC
4 Draft a Center
5. Draft an OT or OG

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Maybe there wasn't a suitable guy available. We don't really know but we could argue either.....
Had to have been someone better than Patricia

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The notion of RZ failure being on Mac is asinine IMO. He didn't seem to have these issues last year when we had a real OC. Shit I know we can't get Josh back but fuck me in the ass with a pitchfork if Patricia is the answer. BB is at fault for this BS, he experimented and it seems to be failing. If it weren't for this defense what do any of you propose the current record would be?

Offseason Priorities:

3. Get an OC
4 Draft a Center
5. Draft an OT or OG
RZ failure not all on Mac.
I will have to go back and see how many were pass plays vs run plays but if memory serves me, they were mostly run plays.
Why dos BB and Fat Shack not trust Mac to throw the ball in the redzone?
Afraid of a strip sack or INT is my guess.
Which falls back on Mac.

But yes I agree with 1-5.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offseason Priorities:

3. Get an OC
4 Draft a Center
5. Draft an OT or OG
No doubt the defense is saving this season. They’ve been solid, only bad game was probably the Bears one.

In the Ravens and Packers game they were close to winning. Really want to see if they can stop the Bills, that will be a true test — Allen is having a lot of turnovers lately, which helps. Also Vikes, Bengals and even Miami will be good tests for the defense.

Agree on the offseason priorities, definitely fix the O line and get a real OC.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RZ failure not all on Mac.
I will have to go back and see how many were pass plays vs run plays but if memory serves me, they were mostly run plays.
Why dos BB and Fat Shack not trust Mac to throw the ball in the redzone?
Afraid of a strip sack or INT is my guess.
Which falls back on Mac.

But yes I agree with 1-5.
So he makes short passes all day 24 of 27 and all of a sudden he can't complete a short pass in the RZ? I disagree I think this is all lack of EXP by Patricia. Mac did alright last year in the RZ

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he makes short passes all day 24 of 27 and all of a sudden he can't complete a short pass in the RZ? I disagree I think this is all lack of EXP by Patricia. Mac did alright last year in the RZ
Maybe he trying to build his own confidence and protecting the ball better. But yeah, it does seem when he drops back he is always chased by rushers, and he takes the sack. That’s on the O line. Better than throwing a desperate pass destined to be intercepted. So there is some positive in that part for Mac. No turnovers 2 weeks in a row, so definitely improving.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before.
It is a culmination of many things, including but not limited to;
QB play
O Line play
Play calling
WR/TE/RB play

It's not tennis, one man vs one man. It's a team sport.
But the QB gets most of the glory for a victory and most of the blame in defeat just as BB gets most of the blame for Fat Shacks play calling.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before.
It is a culmination of many things, including but not limited to;
QB play
O Line play
Play calling
WR/TE/RB play

It's not tennis, one man vs one man. It's a team sport.
But the QB gets most of the glory for a victory and most of the blame in defeat just as BB gets most of the blame for Fat Shacks play calling.
Okay that statement as dumb as it is is true. But that statement alone does not mean it's the QBs fault just that it's easier to blame him. Like I said he was 24 of 27 for about 270 yards that pretty damn good. The O line was horrible about picking up the blitz and while Matty P is the "O Line Coach" I can't really put that on him or Mac the players are just bad. IMO Patricia better figure out RZ play calling it's not the same as an open field. I personally feel Josh we very creative in the RZ and it helped Mac and the team as a whole. I won't put shitty O line play on Matt I feel he has little to work with. I do feel he needs to do a lot more in the RZ as the OC

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay that statement as dumb as it is is true. But that statement alone does not mean it's the QBs fault just that it's easier to blame him. Like I said he was 24 of 27 for about 270 yards that pretty damn good. The O line was horrible about picking up the blitz and while Matty P is the "O Line Coach" I can't really put that on him or Mac the players are just bad. IMO Patricia better figure out RZ play calling it's not the same as an open field. I personally feel Josh we very creative in the RZ and it helped Mac and the team as a whole. I won't put shitty O line play on Matt I feel he has little to work with. I do feel he needs to do a lot more in the RZ as the OC
We are arguing the same thing in two different threads.

And saying the same thing.

Of Course Mac is not responsible for shitty oline performance or oline roster/depth.
He IS responsible for getting rid of the ball and avoiding the sacks. He does not have the speed of progression of reads that TB12 had.
Will it come with time? Has he reached his peak?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of Course Mac is not responsible for shitty oline performance or oline roster/depth.
He IS responsible for getting rid of the ball and avoiding the sacks. He does not have the speed of progression of reads that TB12 had.
This is the question I ask myself. Mac probably deserves that we cut him some slack. But, the slowness of his progression in the pocket -when he gets one, and he has gotten them- is worrying.

Hope he can improve in that area.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are correct. And those are the $10,000.00 questions. But in all honesty they were getting to him real fast yesterday like three seconds I am unsure how much time he really had to read the routes, read the impending doom of man meat charging him and get rid of the ball JMHO.

Personally I feel Mac can still grow and I feel he is a more complete QB than Zappe. We have larger issues than QB and QB play.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I feel Mac can still grow and I feel he is a more complete QB than Zappe. We have larger issues than QB and QB play.

I disagree with this but that's cool and a debate worth having IMO. Not sure exactly what it is but I just get a Drew Bledsoe vibe from Mac and that's not a compliment. He just doesn't have the ability to make a play that's broken down and doesn't seem to be aware of the pocket situation.

Bailey, on the other hand, seems to be able to make something happen out of nothing but I think a bunch of QB's could probably do that who are not named Mac.

If you're getting sacked 6 times in a game eventually you have to take the bull by the horns and figure it the fuck out.