• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness gracious.

I like Lockett as much as the next guy but Seattle keeps ignoring their problem areas so I expect them to keep getting bounced early in the playoffs.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness gracious.

I like Lockett as much as the next guy but Seattle keeps ignoring their problem areas so I expect them to keep getting bounced early in the playoffs.

i think the extension actually frees up some cap space for this season, and SEA prob has an out in year 3 (haven't checked the details yet)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the extension actually frees up some cap space for this season, and SEA prob has an out in year 3 (haven't checked the details yet)
They constantly ignore the OL and trade away draft capital. John Schneider is pretty good at identifying talent but they haven't been a legit NFC contender since 2014.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They constantly ignore the OL and trade away draft capital. John Schneider is pretty good at identifying talent but they haven't been a legit NFC contender since 2014.
IDK if ignore is correct with the OL. They aren't in the position to add someone that is going to cost big $ the way the 49ers did with Trent Williams ( 66 million, 43.25 guaranteed 5 year deal at age 33) and lets face it the OL still on the board when the Seahawks finally pick are basically reaches which end up not being great or some times even good.
Who's a contender? Are the Packers a contender? They haven't been to the Superbowl since 2011 I think. Tough to make that leap from playoff team to making the SB, lot of things have to work out, but Packers fans understand that.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if ignore is correct with the OL. They aren't in the position to add someone that is going to cost big $ the way the 49ers did with Trent Williams ( 66 million, 43.25 guaranteed 5 year deal at age 33) and lets face it the OL still on the board when the Seahawks finally pick are basically reaches which end up not being great or some times even good.
Who's a contender? Are the Packers a contender? They haven't been to the Superbowl since 2011 I think. Tough to make that leap from playoff team to making the SB, lot of things have to work out, but Packers fans understand that.

thoughts on the Lockett extension from a local?
he obviously has good rapport with Russ, and if SEA has a low-cost 'out' built into the contract that coincides with DK coming off his rookie deal, I think its a win

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts on the Lockett extension from a local?
he obviously has good rapport with Russ, and if SEA has a low-cost 'out' built into the contract that coincides with DK coming off his rookie deal, I think its a win
I think the extension was a good thing. Pairing Metcalf and Lockett for years to come seems desirable. Waiting to see how the contract is constructed before blessing it. Short term it certainly is a plus, even without seeing the details.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to stop sending draft capital out fo the window when their OL is so bad it’s making their QB want to leave.

As for the Packers I would say yes after back to back BFC title games I would say they are a contender. Granted one was awful but the second they win with a healthy Bakhtiari

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to stop sending draft capital out fo the window when their OL is so bad it’s making their QB want to leave.

As for the Packers I would say yes after back to back BFC title games I would say they are a contender. Granted one was awful but the second they win with a healthy Bakhtiari
That’s not to say we don’t have our own warts because we do

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded a #2 in 2018, 2-3 years later he's proven he wasn't really worth that #2, is a borderline starter at best, most likely his future is likely going to be a Ryan Fitzpatrick like career, and they think they can flip him for a #1??

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded a #2 in 2018, 2-3 years later he's proven he wasn't really worth that #2, is a borderline starter at best, most likely his future is likely going to be a Ryan Fitzpatrick like career, and they think they can flip him for a #1??

Fitzmagic >>> Jimmy G

Pretty sure Manny Sanders agrees with me

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Sam Darnold doesn’t even get a mention?

Makes me want to just thank the Jets (and Broncos) again for letting the big fella slide!

Panthers get an upgrade on Teddy? Jury is still out, I say.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Sam Darnold doesn’t even get a mention?

Makes me want to just thank the Jets (and Broncos) again for letting the big fella slide!

Panthers get an upgrade on Teddy? Jury is still out, I say.
Beginning to wonder how he didn't merit a mention myself.

Personally I find it hilarious that many media members are suddenly writing off the Panthers as a team that might draft a QB now. These were the same dudes saying the Jets HAD to draft one when they had Darnold....so...how does Darnold in Carolina mean they don't HAVE to draft one?? Might be slightly less likely, but I certainly wouldn't write it off.

As for TeddyB vs Darnold, an upgrade on the hypothetical, "might be", "could be", otherwise just a younger dude who makes more mistakes.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally I find it hilarious that many media members are suddenly writing off the Panthers as a team that might draft a QB now. These were the same dudes saying the Jets HAD to draft one when they had Darnold....so...how does Darnold in Carolina mean they don't HAVE to draft one?? Might be slightly less likely, but I certainly wouldn't write it off.

As for TeddyB vs Darnold, an upgrade on the hypothetical, "might be", "could be", otherwise just a younger dude who makes more mistakes.
I think that's more about what pick number they are at. They aren't going to be able to trade up anymore or they would really look like idiots for spending draft capital on a quarterback and then trying to trade more draft capital to move up. Even the GM of the Jets said that if they didn't have the 2nd pick they wouldn't have traded Darnold, so that obviously means they think Lawrence and Wilson are better than him, but not necessarily Lance, Fields, or Jones. If one of those guys makes it all the way to Carolina at 8 I'll bet they still take one, but that's the only way they would.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's more about what pick number they are at. They aren't going to be able to trade up anymore or they would really look like idiots for spending draft capital on a quarterback and then trying to trade more draft capital to move up. Even the GM of the Jets said that if they didn't have the 2nd pick they wouldn't have traded Darnold, so that obviously means they think Lawrence and Wilson are better than him, but not necessarily Lance, Fields, or Jones. If one of those guys makes it all the way to Carolina at 8 I'll bet they still take one, but that's the only way they would.
Well if Atlanta doesn't take one, or doesn't trade out to NE or Denver, or whoever, one of them will fall there. Even if they do, one still might. Either Jones or Fields, depending on who SF takes.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And not a mobile QB who had to completely re-learn his game after a horrific injury?

It is as though folks don’t remember that Bridgewater’s injury is only made less bad by the likes of Alex Smith! It wasn’t certain Bridgewater was ever going to play again, so good on him for meriting consideration as a starter... but he ain’t.

Hey if Darnold blows for two more years in a new place, fine... But his situation, supporting cast, coaching, etc... I mean WHAT was his positive with the Jets?

Last edited: