• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Grier doing some Sonny Weaver Jr. moves

As a longtime disappointed Dolphins fan I really like what they've done the last few years. Unfortunately though, they aren't ever going to win with Tua at quarterback. He's just not that guy. I'm hoping this move was part of a bigger play to get Watson. The price for him should have at least gone down some.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it would certainly help if Jones got hurt again :)
Hey now. I own Jones in my non-MBBRL dynasty league.
With Fourny's paltry 3.8 ypc, the best scenario for Fourny's owners are that Jones does get hurt.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Phins leave the draft with Gaskins atop the depth chart, it'll be a huge mistake
Almost 1,000 yds from scrimmage and 5 TDs in 10 games (And wasn’t the starter the first few games)...

Not sure what you have against him.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost 1,000 yds from scrimmage and 5 TDs in 10 games (And wasn’t the starter the first few games)...

Not sure what you have against him.

I get it. It's the eye test. As a Dolphins fan yes he was decent when he played, but he's not a game changer. His success was based on volume not greatness by any means. When you're playing like 80% of your team's snaps it makes things a lot easier to compile stats, but there are probably 30 other running backs that if you gave them 20 touches a game could average what Gaskin did last year.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. It's the eye test. As a Dolphins fan yes he was decent when he played, but he's not a game changer. His success was based on volume not greatness by any means. When you're playing like 80% of your team's snaps it makes things a lot easier to compile stats, but there are probably 30 other running backs that if you gave them 20 touches a game could average what Gaskin did last year.
Thought he ran tough and was decent breaking tackles and such and surprised me... Oddly, kind of like Ronald Jones... And it isn’t exactly like the Fins had Brady chucking the rock and keeping defenses very honest...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30...or more

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought he ran tough and was decent breaking tackles and such and surprised me... Oddly, kind of like Ronald Jones... And it isn’t exactly like the Fins had Brady chucking the rock and keeping defenses very honest...
He did run tough, what he did get accomplished is admirable, and he's definitely worthy of being on an NFL roster, there's just nothing about his game that separates him from anyone else. He's not a playmaker, he's not the guy to Ice away a big game. He's a prototypical - "if you need four yards, I'll get you four, if you need five yards, I'll get you four" type of RB.

Honestly, a big part of it is, there's a reason he was the last man standing after cycling through Drake, Ballage, Walton, Laird, Brenda, Howard...I'm not putting many eggs in the basket of a dude who couldn't get a shot in front of any of those dudes

Last edited:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a longtime disappointed Dolphins fan I really like what they've done the last few years. Unfortunately though, they aren't ever going to win with Tua at quarterback. He's just not that guy. I'm hoping this move was part of a bigger play to get Watson. The price for him should have at least gone down some.
Can’t risk it until the lawsuit stuff is finished but their assets are bonkers

1700A097-523D-4958-9268-72088314F683.png

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we value him now? In the 7 games he plays Jackson might throw three a game his way

Attachments

• 79DF35BC-5B23-4598-B246-A73466FAE97E.png
    79DF35BC-5B23-4598-B246-A73466FAE97E.png
    2 MB · Views: 4

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we value him now? In the 7 games he plays Jackson might throw three a game his way
He wasn't getting much action in KC as the quasi #2WR, he ain't getting much in Baltimore as the quasi #1 either. I'd bet he's got similar numbers to what he had in KC, with virtually no potential to have one of those huge games that he could've had at any given time in KC.

So, in short, I'd say he's slightly less valuable than he was, but, considering it wasn't all that much to begin with, he doesn't really lose much.
I'd peg him as a WR5-ish, and just hope and pray the week he fills in for you is the one week all year long that he does better than 2 for 40.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of wasted WR free agent signings, my Raiders strike again. Now we've got Willie Snead!! Hip hip hor-f'n-ray!!!

Between Ruggs, Brown and Snead, we could hang in a track meet with anyone, still have no one that will throw them the ball

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did run tough, what he did get accomplished is admirable, and he's definitely worthy of being on an NFL roster, there's just nothing about his game that separates him from anyone else. He's not a playmaker, he's not the guy to Ice away a big game. He's a prototypical - "if you need four yards, I'll get you four, if you need five yards, I'll get you four" type of RB.

Honestly, a big part of it is, there's a reason he was the last man standing after cycling through Drake, Ballage, Walton, Laird, Brenda, Howard...I'm not putting many eggs in the basket of a dude who couldn't get a shot in front of any of those dudes
Gotcha...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of wasted WR free agent signings, my Raiders strike again. Now we've got Willie Snead!! Hip hip hor-f'n-ray!!!

Between Ruggs, Brown and Snead, we could hang in a track meet with anyone, still have no one that will throw them the ball
maybe Foot should coach them

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Thai Stick was no wizard throwing the ball, but significantly better than Lamar is

Lamar Jackson averaged a little over 16 completions a game last year. 16!! So if Andrews gets 4 or 5 and you give 2 or 3 to the running backs, that leaves at most 10 completions to be divided amongst everybody else. Good luck Sammy. And this is exactly why you've heard about guys that got offered more money to go to Baltimore but decided to play for less money somewhere else. And just for comparison purposes, in the 11 starts he made last year before getting benched for ineffectiveness, Carson Wentz average just over 22 completions a game.