• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL sends memo detailing pre-Draft rules regarding draft-eligible players

All teams are prohibited from timing, testing, interviewing in-person or giving medical exams to any draft prospect outside of a school's pro day or an all-star game because of ongoing concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Pelissero noted.

"The presence of a college player at a club's facility is prohibited, even if the player has been invited by a current NFL player," the memo read in part. "If a college player appears at a club's facility, he should be advised that his presence is prohibited by NFL rules and should be requested to leave immediately. A violation of this type will subject the involved club and club employee to appropriate penalties under the League's anti-tampering policy."

The memo also details a league-wide ban on private workouts, facility visits, dinners and film sessions with prospects. Schools hosting pro days are allowed a maximum of five players classified as "Designated Underclassmen" to particpate.
Clubs will be limited to three reps at any pro day and are also not allowed to attend any combine-type events or similar workout sessions that are not affiliated with the NFL. All attendees are required to wear PPE and practice social distancing.

NFL teams can begin conducting phone or video interviews with underclassmen Jan. 25 and "seniors" on Feb. 1, Pelissero noted. The last day for telephone or video conferences with a draft-eligible player is April 28, the day before the draft.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former football player sues Penn State, James Franklin over alleged hazing | ABC27

nothing ever came about with this but I wonder if it may have any results as to where Parsons gets drafted. It's not likely to become any major concern but Parsons will have to answer to this incident when the interviews come his way.
I had read on this. Between sitting out and now having character concerns there is a very real chance he could fall and become a steal in the later part of the first round.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well double up on this thread that I just posted on the Stafford thread.

needs for this draft

Going to need (2) WR this draft and if Holmes can obtain a couple extra day 2 picks maybe solidify that right side of the O-Line.

He still needs an Edge rusher who has the speed, twitch and bend to get after the QB but that edge rusher should also be able to drop into coverage at times and be better than just average at it.

Need an explosive 3-tech to wreak havoc on the QB also.

A starting Mike and Will that are solid in the run game but even better at coverage. and depth behind them (2)

If Holmes picks up a couple picks on day 3 he'll need to draft an inside/outside CB that can provide rotational reps this year right along with a S who can provide both run support and excel at coverage.

Will Harris isn't the answer for coverage duties and I doubt he'll change much but hope that Glenn and Pleasant can get the most out of him. I'm not counting on it. Harris' coverage wasn't poor at BC. He's athletic (at least one person here try's to convince me of it). He's barely ST player.

Another year and another RB needed. Hopefully not until mid day 3.

11 draft picks sounds about right. Lol

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obtain a couple extra day 2 picks maybe

Still early but so far my 2nd/3rd round wish list is starting to take form

3tech Jaylen Twyman
WR Amon Ra St. Brown
3tech Marvin Wilson
WR Tylan Wallace

OT Dillon Radunz
RT Jackson Carman
Slot Elijah Moore
3tech Jay Tufele

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still needs an Edge rusher who has the speed, twitch and bend to get after the QB but that edge rusher should also be able to drop into coverage at times and be better than just average at it.

This seems like a lot of words to say you want Collins

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not the smart pick, but if he slipped into the 2nd i'd be okay with it.

:drool:

Twyman is quick. Has a great stab, push/pull, arm over.

What I really noticed is he consistently keeps his head up and eye on where the ball is.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a lot of words to say you want Collins

The Hurricanes triple connection of Rousseau, Phillips and Roche could all be possibilities.

The former opted out this year and really has just the one year of production but damn he sure shows well on the field. Boom or bust or high risk with the potential of high reward. Has his flaws but he's exciting to watch.

Most edge rushers this draft appear more hand in the dirt, 3-point, 4-3 type ends.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rousseau plays everywhere on the line from 7 tech reducing down all the way to 0-tech. Drops in coverage for shallow zones. Biggest physical assets is that he has long arms and strong/violent hands.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaelan Phillips isn't as diverse and Rousseau but lot's to work with. He plays a lot of 2-point 6/7 tech with the ability to move inside. He too has ability to drop in coverage for shallow zones. He's not what Rousseau brings to the table but plenty of upside. I saw all to often he repeated the same moves with not a lot of counter-moves.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early but so far my 2nd/3rd round wish list is starting to take form

3tech Jaylen Twyman
WR Amon Ra St. Brown
3tech Marvin Wilson
WR Tylan Wallace

OT Dillon Radunz
RT Jackson Carman
Slot Elijah Moore
3tech Jay Tufele

What in the world happened to Marvin ? He fell off a cliff this year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slot Elijah Moore

Probably my favorite slot WR with the ability for some RB duties, jet sweeps, tunnel screens and some wheel routes out of the backfield with Swift aligned in the slot

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
owusu holy hellalong name

Holy jeebus. Great 1st to mention this kid.

Elite athleticism and burst
Excellent blitzer
Exceptional anticipation and route recognition
High IQ on field
Explosive and violent hitter
Always stabbing at the ball
Plus at creating turnovers
Long arms
rarely misses a tackle
zone and man coverage awareness a huge plus
stays on hip of receiver
extremely fluid in hips

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^

I would draft this kid long before Parsons and that's not a knock against Parsons. The above is only highlights but I've watched (3) separate ones and came away impressed by all of them. I wasn't able to see much of how he operates against the run but his coverage and blitz skills are off the charts. I could care less about his weight. D. Leonard was approximately this kids weight at the senior bowl 3 years ago and Jeremy Chinn, last years Panthers 2nd round pick was nearly the same and became their starting Will. This kid has Will LB written all over him.

Better watch out @broncosmitty because this kid is coming to steal any and all of Darius Leonard's thunder.