• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft strategy

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we would incorporate a draft strategy that trades away fifth through seventh rounders every season for picks in the previous round the following season…if those picks are after the middle of he round. If you do that every season, you would get much better quality the following season.

I would do that in earlier rounds too but only if I did not like the value of what was available and got the other teams next pick.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once we have a Qb in place I'm sure your right .. why go agreesive in F.A and the draft when we don't even know how good Howells is .. I bet we will be more aggressive if Howells balls out this year

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have you seen a team kick ass in FA and Kickass in the draft and Suck on the field because the QB sucks

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once we have a Qb in place I'm sure your right .. why go agreesive in F.A and the draft when we don't even know how good Howells is .. I bet we will be more aggressive if Howells balls out this year
Ass backwards thinking.

Put the strongest roster you can assemble around the QB you have. I dont care if he is the second coming of Bart Star or Ryan Leaf in your opinion. You should ALWAYS be putting the strongest roster your budget can afford together.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thing about the draft has been for yrs

1) value draft picks accumulate as many as you can so you can do things , so GK and i see eye to eye on this

2) draft for value , dont pick guys at 16 you can get at 25 almost all my criticisms fall because of that principal is failed

3) I.D. your needs prioritize them and address them . take the highest graded play that addresses a need and if there isnt one there that meets the value criteria then draft the BPA at your spot

these are my principals on drafting and have been that way for decades. i dont sit there and wait for a pundit to tell me whats what . i dont bandwagon a pick because a pundit a few days before got a tip and claim its mine and that the pick is fantastic

i look for myself , i know the traits needed at positions and i trust my eyes . its a hobby if you will

like all draft philosophies it has flaws and yes rules can be broken under certain circumstances

and yes monday morning qbing is allowed for the simple reason if you are saying scouts are saying CY is the best pick at # 2 and you pass on the guy 3 yrs later who is clearly better then you have to say they botched their jobs . you cant hide behind the "professionals " know their stuff better then me and then excuse their failings as just another thing

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and right on cue here is another view . i view no one has talked about much , scheme fit as a philosophy

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and right on cue here is another view . i view no one has talked about much , scheme fit as a philosophy

Of course, scheme fit matters. That is why Martin was drafted in Round 2.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one says it doesnt matter , but drafting a 3rd round talent in round 2 isnt drafting for value

who cares about value if the value guy doesn't fit our scheme?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you refuse to accept we didn't get a trade offer, its not that simple to trade out
i dont accept it at all but we are talking about philosophies arent we ? and we had other value options on the board like JMS who is a better prospect then stromberg

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont accept it at all but we are talking about philosophies arent we ? and we had other value options on the board like JMS who is a better prospect then stromberg

JMS was 2nd round. RR felt Martin was the better player than JMS. EB wanted Stromberg so they knew they could of gotten him in the 3rd.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMS was 2nd round. RR felt Martin was the better player than JMS. EB wanted Stromberg so they knew they could of gotten him in the 3rd.
both JMS and Torrence were on the board at positions of and both were higher rated players then martin who had a 3rd round grade . EB wanted him because everyone else was off the board

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both JMS and Torrence were on the board at positions of and both were higher rated players then martin who had a 3rd round grade . EB wanted him because everyone else was off the board

you dont know who RR had rated higher. Martin fills their scheme, so they drafted him. They didnt care about JMS or Torrence. In the teams' eyes Martin was more important to get b/c they would havent seen him at the end of the 3rd round when out next pick was. Just like thy didnt have Gonzo as there #2 Cb, they had Forbes, so they drafted Forbes. We have our big boards but so does RR. They dont think Forbes and Martin are reaches where us as fans do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont know who RR had rated higher. Martin fills their scheme, so they drafted him. They didnt care about JMS or Torrence. In the teams' eyes Martin was more important to get b/c they would havent seen him at the end of the 3rd round when out next pick was. Just like thy didnt have Gonzo as there #2 Cb, they had Forbes, so they drafted Forbes. We have our big boards but so does RR. They dont think Forbes and Martin are reaches where us as fans do.
i dont care who they had rated higher , if martin was rated higher then either of them then you need to fire the hole crew period

they blew the clowney pick , the davis pick is looking that way , cosmi doesnt look good butler pick looks to be a waste and we have a lot of guys who RR picked who were drafted above projections

i have 25 yrs of crap teams here in DC , i think i can question their draft boards

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care who they had rated higher , if martin was rated higher then either of them then you need to fire the hole crew period

they blew the clowney pick , the davis pick is looking that way , cosmi doesnt look good butler pick looks to be a waste and we have a lot of guys who RR picked who were drafted above projections

i have 25 yrs of crap teams here in DC , i think i can question their draft boards

sure, you can, but we dont know what their draft board looks like. Any fan can question anything.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dont get me wrong i see your point about the pics but i also know why RR and staff took the players that they did. They didnt take WR and Dt in rounds 1 and 2. cmon now.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR won't be here after next season why does it matter I don't see us winning more than 6 games