• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day Thread ( I was looking for it! )

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My statement was based off us moving up in the draft to get him... I don't want to move up and draft him for sure... If he lands to us, then I'd be a bit optimistic as why that would be the case... If QB is such a premium position, why wouldn't he be drafted in the top 10? He has a big arm but I don't think he has very good pocket presence...

I just don't feel like Pete wants to go back to the drawing board with a rookie QB, imo... I think he's more of a win now mode so he can move on to retirement... I'd be very surprised if we took a QB in round 1 of our draft... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's hanging onto Lock as our guy next year...

With us being such a young team, i can see us going BPA in round 1...
Well where he's drafted depends how he does the balance of the season and I do expect he'll be top 10.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well where he's drafted depends how he does the balance of the season and I do expect he'll be top 10.
Sorry... I didn't answer your initial question... If we did draft a QB low in the 1st round, I like JJ McCarthy... He seems like the blue chip QB, with a chip on his shoulder that Carroll tends to like...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different take that your stance prior to the 2023 draft where you insisted they could land a better QB in 2024.

I didn't insist that they could land a better QB in 2024. That was Mrs.

I was against drafting a QB early in 2023 because I didn't find any of those QBs to be worth that pick. I don't believe in drafting a QB just to draft one.

But if the Seahawks flame out early in the playoffs or miss the playoffs, I would think that PC/JS would look for a future playcaller.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't insist that they could land a better QB in 2024. That was Mrs.

I was against drafting a QB early in 2023 because I didn't find any of those QBs to be worth that pick. I don't believe in drafting a QB just to draft one.

But if the Seahawks flame out early in the playoffs or miss the playoffs, I would think that PC/JS would look for a future playcaller.
Yes it was Mrs which is why I quoted him and not you.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different take that your stance prior to the 2023 draft where you insisted they could land a better QB in 2024.
I still think its a much better qb draft, but without that 2nd and likely a low 1st, I dont see how we will be able to snag one.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think its a much better qb draft, but without that 2nd and likely a low 1st, I dont see how we will be able to snag one.
We more than likely will have a low 1st... We'll probably be around 18-26 imo...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't predict the Seahawks trading away their second for a rent a player, but wasn't hard to predict that they would be drafting too late to land a top QB prospect. They usual always draft to late for that, which was my whole point of why with the #5 pick last season they NEEDED to draft a QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't predict the Seahawks trading away their second for a rent a player, but wasn't hard to predict that they would be drafting too late to land a top QB prospect. They usual always draft to late for that, which was my whole point of why with the #5 pick last season they NEEDED to draft a QB.

Not if they didn't think any of the QBs were worth it. Drafting a QB just to draft a QB is a pretty bad strategy. Always will be.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they didn't think any of the QBs were worth it. Drafting a QB just to draft a QB is a pretty bad strategy. Always will be.
All the top prospect last season were worth it IMO, with Young being the only one I didn't want the Seahawks to draft. So rare to be in the position to draft a top QB prospect that it is plum foolish to pass on the chance ( unless your so loaded at QB already). I'm betting you come around to my way of viewing this eventually.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the top prospect last season were worth it IMO, with Young being the only one I didn't want the Seahawks to draft. So rare to be in the position to draft a top QB prospect that it is plum foolish to pass on the chance ( unless your so loaded at QB already). I'm betting you come around to my way of viewing this eventually.

Well we will find out soon enough. The odds that 2 of them pan out to be notably than league average is pretty low.

3 of them were drafted ahead of us. So how much more draft capital would you have been willing to give up to move up to get Stroud or Richardson?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we will find out soon enough. The odds that 2 of them pan out to be notably than league average is pretty low.

3 of them were drafted ahead of us. So how much more draft capital would you have been willing to give up to move up to get Stroud or Richardson?
Unfortunate the draft fell the way it did, although Levis was still available. I just was amazed that before the draft happen the majority of Seahawks fans thought drafting a QB was was a waste of a asset.:L How did folks convince themselves that Geno was the answer for the Seahawks?:doh:
What REALLY ticked me off was they wanted to use that #5 pick on a fricking DT, a position that ABSOLUTELY should not go top 5 unless it the once in a generation type Arron Donald was and Carter isn't that, not even in the same zip code as Donald, he was an over hyped, under producing DT IMO. Time will prove me right on that. OK I'm going off on a rant again, so enough of that. Happy the Seahawks are off to a good start and really hoping they have another playoff team, hopefully one that does better than one and done. The defense is starting to raise my hopes up that maybe this could be a special season, we'll know in about 7 weeks or so.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate the draft fell the way it did, although Levis was still available. I just was amazed that before the draft happen the majority of Seahawks fans thought drafting a QB was was a waste of a asset.:L How did folks convince themselves that Geno was the answer for the Seahawks?:doh:
What REALLY ticked me off was they wanted to use that #5 pick on a fricking DT, a position that ABSOLUTELY should not go top 5 unless it the once in a generation type Arron Donald was and Carter isn't that, not even in the same zip code as Donald, he was an over hyped, under producing DT IMO. Time will prove me right on that. OK I'm going off on a rant again, so enough of that. Happy the Seahawks are off to a good start and really hoping they have another playoff team, hopefully one that does better than one and done. The defense is starting to raise my hopes up that maybe this could be a special season, we'll know in about 7 weeks or so.

Well I never thought that drafting a QB would be a wasted pick. But I did think that PC/PS had to be sure that the QB was a surefire winner. Which was why I was perfectly fine with trusting them to either pick or not pick a QB. The fact that they didn't use #20 on Levis, tells me that they weren't fans of him.

We'll see about Carter. So fan he has been a major disruptor and a leader for DROTY. But he is a part timer so questions of his motor still persist.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I never thought that drafting a QB would be a wasted pick. But I did think that PC/PS had to be sure that the QB was a surefire winner. Which was why I was perfectly fine with trusting them to either pick or not pick a QB. The fact that they didn't use #20 on Levis, tells me that they weren't fans of him.
I'm gratefully that the Seahawks have Pete and John, near the top of best things to happen to the Seahawks was hiring them. However they do value immediate return over long term strategy or results. The second for a rent a player is an example of this and a rookie QB was less likely to make the immediate return vs filling an immediate (but less important) hole on the roster and they obviously felt Geno would be adequate for now. They could still be right about that....maybe.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gratefully that the Seahawks have Pete and John, near the top of best things to happen to the Seahawks was hiring them. However they do value immediate return over long term strategy or results. The second for a rent a player is an example of this and a rookie QB was less likely to make the immediate return vs filling an immediate (but less important) hole on the roster and they obviously felt Geno would be adequate for now. They could still be right about that....maybe.

Every coach is focused on near term. There are simply too many variables to build for 3 or 4 years down the road.

The Seahawks had, seemingly, 2 great drafts in a row. Kinda like 2011/2012. When you do that, you need to whatever you can to win now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every coach is focused on near term. There are simply too many variables to build for 3 or 4 years down the road.

The Seahawks had, seemingly, 2 great drafts in a row. Kinda like 2011/2012. When you do that, you need to whatever you can to win now.
Yup 2 great drafts it appears, I feel next season would of been better timing to trade future draft capitol vs this season, but Pete and John get paid the big bucks to make those calls.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup 2 great drafts it appears, I feel next season would of been better timing to trade future draft capitol vs this season, but Pete and John get paid the big bucks to make those calls.

I think they saw Williams as a player that could change our defense from good to great.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I can see why you feel like that. Think the idea of signing Geno was to go with him for a couple of years, but he's reverting back to what his normal expected play is vs the outlier play he had early last season and that's not to encouraging given the hard part of the season is right ahead of the Seahawks-Raven, Rams ( who have had the Seahawks number lately) 49ers twice Cowboys and Eagles. I'm not expecting good play from Geno out of that stretch. Trading for Williams was a move to lean on the defense IMO to get them into the playoffs despite Geno play. However if Geno play continues to limit Seahawks success IDK how the Seahawks can just say the hell with the QB position come next draft.

If i said this Flyer would be all up my ass calling me a hater LMAO!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno didn't finish off last year exactly great, and he's started this season very hit or miss. Again, if the offensive gameplan is VERY basic and 100% called in by the coaches it probably works okay. I don't like how Waldron has gotten away from multiple TE sets and I think the snap count on Zach Charbs is WAY too low... but I'm not being paid the big bucks so who knows. Just my opinion.

That all said, it's not like we have a lot of other options at QB at the moment nor did we last year. As most of you recall I really wanted Shroud but alas, the Texans snatched him up.

I think Seattle is hoping right now that their defense can keep them in every game and the OL will heal up and the run game can sustain us. 14 targets a game to Metcalf has gotta stop though. If he's that pissed off getting 5-6 targets a game, send him packing after this season. Geno is a game manager at best and requires a very good team around him to be successful... nobody is denying that @Screamin12th ... I think some of the forum is just tired of hearing you say it over and over again lol. I'm not frankly lol, go nuts IMO :)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i said this Flyer would be all up my ass calling me a hater LMAO!

No I wouldn't. I have no issue, at all, with criticizing Geno's play.

But there is a difference in criticizing his play and focusing ONLY the bad plays and ignoring the bad plays by other players.

Like when Geno almost threw his 3rd pick because JSN stopped his route. You blamed Geno when it was obvious to any objective observer that JSN made a rookie mistake that nearly cost the team the game.