• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day Thread ( I was looking for it! )

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle is hoping right now that their defense can keep them in every game and the OL will heal up and the run game can sustain us. 14 targets a game to Metcalf has gotta stop though. If he's that pissed off getting 5-6 targets a game, send him packing after this season. Geno is a game manager at best and requires a very good team around him to be successful... nobody is denying that @Screamin12th ... I think some of the forum is just tired of hearing you say it over and over again lol. I'm not frankly lol, go nuts IMO :)

In many ways, Geno is similar to Russ in our Super Bowl season. He could make the big play but he also made mistakes.

Apparently Metcalf was sick as a dog prior to the game. Pete was saying he was puking the night before and morning of. I kinda wonder if he wasn't at 100% and that contributed to the generally poor results when he was targeted.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In many ways, Geno is similar to Russ in our Super Bowl season. He could make the big play but he also made mistakes.

Apparently Metcalf was sick as a dog prior to the game. Pete was saying he was puking the night before and morning of. I kinda wonder if he wasn't at 100% and that contributed to the generally poor results when he was targeted.

Yah not sure Flyer... but with the weapons this offense has, there's zero reason we should be forcing 14 targets to DK in a game.. that's absolutely ridiculous. And Geno is an OKAY QB... but asking him to throw those outside routes 14 times a game is absolutely insane.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah not sure Flyer... but with the weapons this offense has, there's zero reason we should be forcing 14 targets to DK in a game.. that's absolutely ridiculous.

Especially since we have Bobo Samuels on our team

• Haha
Reactions: MrS

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, you bastard... I guess I'll never live that one down... I hope there's a cockroach in your cereal tomorrow.

JFTR, I knew what you meant... I know you didn't really think Bobo was as good as Deebo... But it was definitely a head scratcher while reading it...

tipping derek jeter GIF

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wouldn't. I have no issue, at all, with criticizing Geno's play.

But there is a difference in criticizing his play and focusing ONLY the bad plays and ignoring the bad plays by other players.

Like when Geno almost threw his 3rd pick because JSN stopped his route. You blamed Geno when it was obvious to any objective observer that JSN made a rookie mistake that nearly cost the team the game.

He mean by saying " it was the lines fault, WR don't get open, WR ran the wrong route" that's how you criticize Geno? that's a weird way to point a finger at someone, is it called the Boomerang point or something?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, you bastard... I guess I'll never live that one down... I hope there's a cockroach in your cereal tomorrow.

Dont worry Shark, Bobo IS 100% A PLAYMAKER. Don't let them rattle you. You don't have to be fast to be a playmaker ( Rice, Largent etc etc etc etc ) Bobo ran his 40 on wet grass and had a best time ( before his pro-day ) in the 4.71 range. Or 0.05 seconds slower than Jerry Rice. What Bobo has is Great Hands, Great awareness, Great ability, Great agility, Great route running, great blocking, Great high point catching and is very smart.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we really should have run the ball more against cleveland
View attachment 345157
hoping we dont make that mistake this week

100% this

The Hawks should run more PERIOD not just against the browns! they are 25th in rushing attempts 21st in total rushing yards ( thats a net positive ) and 11th in Yards per carry average in the NFL. They are having success WHEN they do run. The issue is they hardly ever run the damn ball. Only 7 teams out of 32 run the ball LESS than the Hawks do, that's just STUPID when you got Walker and Charbonnet.

Geno shouldn't be throwing the ball more than 27-28 times a game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He mean by saying " it was the lines fault, WR don't get open, WR ran the wrong route" that's how you criticize Geno? that's a weird way to point a finger at someone, is it called the Boomerang point or something?

Those are general statements that are meaningless. Talk about specific plays. A failed play may because of Geno. It may because of the receiver. It may be because of the OL. It may be because of the playcall. It may be a combination of several things.

You just blame Geno for every failed play and credit the rest of the team for every successful one.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are general statements that are meaningless. Talk about specific plays. A failed play may because of Geno. It may because of the receiver. It may be because of the OL. It may be because of the playcall. It may be a combination of several things.

You just blame Geno for every failed play and credit the rest of the team for every successful one.

Really? Go read what i said in the Browns game when Geno was doing well, Once again you are deflecting and in denial, to the avoidance of unacceptable or unpleasant thoughts or feelings. A person in denial is failing to recognize or accept apparent truths about a situation, or their feelings regarding a situation. The concept of denial and deflection is at the center of many maladaptive defense mechanisms including deflection and/or projection.

Just stop, go get help. please

When Geno throws a INT i don't blame it on the Oline ... you do. LMAO

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Go read what i said in the Browns game when Geno was doing well, Once again you are deflecting and in denial, to the avoidance of unacceptable or unpleasant thoughts or feelings. A person in denial is failing to recognize or accept apparent truths about a situation, or their feelings regarding a situation. The concept of denial and deflection is at the center of many maladaptive defense mechanisms including deflection and/or projection.

Just stop, go get help. please

What exactly do you think that I'm in denial about?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly do you think that I'm in denial about?

That Geno is not as good as you think, you though he was head and shoulders better than Mayfield and he is worse.

you are in denial that Geno is not a starting quality QB
you are in denial that he is pretty bad in high pressure situations ( one of the worst )
you are in denial that everything i said that's based off facts and that its made up hyper bowl.

I have stated before that Geno can play good if they light a fire under him, Go up tempo, tell him competition is open, tell him he is on a short leash. He needs motivation. Last season he was playing for a contract and a starting job in 2023, no surprise it was his best season ever

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing that could have happened for us hawk fans was for Geno it sit out the rest of the Giants game when he got hurt and Lock to play lights out. This would have been all we needed for Geno to understand "hey I got to play better right now". THIS is why i want Lock to Start a game, not become the starter for the season. His one and only meaningful drive ended in a TD so he was 1 for 1, now had he played the rest of that game and went say 4 for 5 on those drives ( TD drives )then Geno would realize his 2 for 5 success rate ( TD Drives ) is not good enough.

"compared to his breakout campaign after taking over for Russell Wilson last season, Smith has taken a clear step backward. After finishing fourth in the league in passing touchdowns, he only has thrown nine in Seattle's first seven games compared to six interceptions. As a result, his interception rate has jumped from 1.9 percent in 2022 to 2.7 percent so far this season, and many of his picks have come at inopportune times."

"the Seahawks went into a major lull offensively for two-plus quarters, failing to score any points on their next seven drives. Struggling with accuracy and making a few ill-advised decisions, Smith completed only nine out of 20 pass attempts during those possessions and threw a pair of interceptions, including a costly pick by cornerback Martin Emerson late in the first half in Browns territory that may have wiped points off the scoreboard."

Geno smith said "he felt he played a really strong game against the Browns other than the 2 bad throws" ?!?!?!?!?!?! DELUSIONAL

"But as has been the case all season so far, Smith hasn't been able to string together four quarters without making crucial mistakes. In a Week 6 defeat to the Bengals, he threw a pair of bad interceptions, including telegraphing a throw to Smith-Njigba in the red zone that took at least a field goal off the board. His other interception set up Cincinnati for a field goal that put the home team up four, which proved to be huge when Seattle couldn't punch the ball in on its final possession."

"in a win over Arizona in Week 7, Smith got picked in the red zone again,"

"Per Pro Football Focus, his 4.1 percent turnover-worthy throw percentage ranks 27th out of 31 qualified quarterbacks"

"he has to find a way to curb his aggressiveness throwing into tight windows a bit and make smarter decisions with the football. This is especially true in the red zone, where Smith has thrown two picks and completed just 42.5 percent of his pass attempts"

"he has thrown three interceptions and posted a league-worst 13.5 percent turnover worthy play rate on throws between 10 and 19 yards, and these struggles aren't a new phenomenon. Six of his 11 interceptions in 2022 came on these throws and while he did throw 13 touchdowns, he had the worst turnover worthy play rate in the league."

" To fulfill their goals of competing for a division title, however, the offense needs him to be better than good or adequate, putting the onus on him to play smarter, cleaner football moving forward."

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Geno is not as good as you think, you though he was head and shoulders better than Mayfield and he is worse.

you are in denial that Geno is not a starting quality QB
you are in denial that he is pretty bad in high pressure situations ( one of the worst )
you are in denial that everything i said that's based off facts and that its made up hyper bowl.

Except it's NOT accurate. Geno Smith has more game winning drives in the final minute or overtime than any other QB in the last 2 years. Your claim that he isn't a "starting quality QB" isn't based on anything but your own biases. Was Geno Smith a starting level QB last year? He was in the Pro Bowl so at least some people thought so. Are the Seahawks 5-2 this year with Geno starting? Yes. You are just engaging in selective stat parsing to frame your argument.

I have stated before that Geno can play good if they light a fire under him, Go up tempo, tell him competition is open, tell him he is on a short leash. He needs motivation. Last season he was playing for a contract and a starting job in 2023, no surprise it was his best season ever

More mind reading.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing that could have happened for us hawk fans was for Geno it sit out the rest of the Giants game when he got hurt and Lock to play lights out. This would have been all we needed for Geno to understand "hey I got to play better right now". THIS is why i want Lock to Start a game, not become the starter for the season. His one and only meaningful drive ended in a TD so he was 1 for 1, now had he played the rest of that game and went say 4 for 5 on those drives ( TD drives )then Geno would realize his 2 for 5 success rate ( TD Drives ) is not good enough.

I was at that game. Drew Lock was objectively bad. He had 1 decent out throw to Fant who then broke a couple of tackles and ran for 50 years after the catch. He WILDLY missed receivers on his other 2 throws.

Geno smith said "he felt he played a really strong game against the Browns other than the 2 bad throws" ?!?!?!?!?!?! DELUSIONAL

Except he wasn't delusional. He was playing against one of the top defenses in football and was constantly under duress. His game winning drive was top notch.

Again, you aren't capable of being even a little objective about him

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont worry Shark, Bobo IS 100% A PLAYMAKER. Don't let them rattle you. You don't have to be fast to be a playmaker ( Rice, Largent etc etc etc etc ) Bobo ran his 40 on wet grass and had a best time ( before his pro-day ) in the 4.71 range. Or 0.05 seconds slower than Jerry Rice. What Bobo has is Great Hands, Great awareness, Great ability, Great agility, Great route running, great blocking, Great high point catching and is very smart.

Route running was a knock on Bobo, which is one of the main reasons he didn't get drafted along w/ his lack of speed... Not sure where you got, "great route running" from... If you lack speed, you better be a great route runner... That's why Largent, Rice, A. Brown were difference makers when making up for their lack of speed... They were masters at being great route runners, very quick in and out of their breaks... Which is why they created a lot of opportunities for themselves downfield top of the defense... Bobo has quick feet but he struggles turning his hips hinduring himself to be quick in and out of his route

Bobo seems a bit more intelligent over most rookies due to him being over 25 years old... That's old for a rookie... However, always nice to have these kind of players on your roster that work hard with something to prove... He's definitely a nice #4 or #5 receiver to have on the roster...

His comparison is more like WR, Ben Skowronek from the Rams...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Route running was a knock on Bobo, which is one of the main reasons he didn't get drafted along w/ his lack of speed... Not sure where you got, "great route running" from... If you lack speed, you better be a great route runner... That's why Largent, Rice, A. Brown were difference makers when making up for their lack of speed... They were masters at being great route runners, very quick in and out of their breaks... Which is why they created a lot of opportunities for themselves downfield top of the defense... Bobo has quick feet but he struggles turning his hips hinduring himself to be quick in and out of his route

Bobo seems a bit more intelligent over most rookies due to him being over 25 years old... That's old for a rookie... However, always nice to have these kind of players on your roster that work hard with something to prove... He's definitely a nice #4 or #5 receiver to have on the roster...

His comparison is more like WR, Ben Skowronek from the Rams...

Bobo is the sort of player that fans love. UDFA with poor measurables who makes some nice plays. And fans have a tendency to overrate their actual play.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobo is the sort of player that fans love. UDFA with poor measurables who makes some nice plays. And fans have a tendency to overrate their actual play.
Who knows... He could become another guy like Baldwin (UDFA) and be a staple on the receiving corp in the future but he's definitely not close to being that yet..