• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day Thread ( I was looking for it! )

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand is that we have Denver's LOWEST third round pick. They have two: their own, and the Saints. So we have to root against the Saints too.

Yah I thought it was just the Broncos, but sucks the Saints are in the mix at 2-1. Bleh, eh whatever. Both teams look horrible this year so we should get some decent return out of it lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great breakdown of Bradford's impressive play on Sunday.

Bradford looked great and I also watched that video - it was a great analysis. I know the Panthers lost some of their DL but we had 4 fuckin' backups in at one point. It drives me nuts that sites like Walterfootball are saying the Panthers and Lions were beat up, yet we lost both starting tackles in week 1 and a ton of guys against the Panthers and no mention is made. Like we're 100% healthy. It certainly loses credibility with me. And if the Giants win sites better comment about our injuries. The lists are night and day between Seattle/NY at the moment.

The fact Oluwatimi was competing for a starting job as well was promising. He looked decent in preseason but I know he was dealing with nagging injuries as well at some point, so they probably went with Brown just given the experience. I think we've been drafting some solid OL (knock on wood) in the last couple years. Hopefully it keeps up.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford looked great and I also watched that video - it was a great analysis. I know the Panthers lost some of their DL but we had 4 fuckin' backups in at one point. It drives me nuts that sites like Walterfootball are saying the Panthers and Lions were beat up, yet we lost both starting tackles in week 1 and a ton of guys against the Panthers and no mention is made. Like we're 100% healthy. It certainly loses credibility with me. And if the Giants win sites better comment about our injuries. The lists are night and day between Seattle/NY at the moment.

The fact Oluwatimi was competing for a starting job as well was promising. He looked decent in preseason but I know he was dealing with nagging injuries as well at some point, so they probably went with Brown just given the experience. I think we've been drafting some solid OL (knock on wood) in the last couple years. Hopefully it keeps up.

If you win of course they are not going to talk about your injuries that's not how that works.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch... Looks like Anthony Richardson is out for the season with a shoulder injury... Dude was on pace for 106 rush attempts...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch... Looks like Anthony Richardson is out for the season with a shoulder injury... Dude was on pace for 106 rush attempts...

And this was one of the biggest concerns with Richardson. At least for me and why I am always hesitant about drafting a physically gifted QB that relies on their feet.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early to be think about the draft but the need at QB has me looking all ready. I'd like to see the Seahawks move up in the draft to grab Penix who in this mock draft is taken with pick 20 ( which is why having a second round pick to use as a trade chip would of been a good idea).
Penix likely goes earlier then pick 20 and there will be some other QBs that sneak into the first round most likely.

www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-ditch-mac-jones-raiders-start-over-and-giants-all-in-as-4-qbs-go-in-top-10/

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early to be think about the draft but the need at QB has me looking all ready. I'd like to see the Seahawks move up in the draft to grab Penix who in this mock draft is taken with pick 20 ( which is why having a second round pick to use as a trade chip would of been a good idea).
Penix likely goes earlier then pick 20 and there will be some other QBs that sneak into the first round most likely.

www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-ditch-mac-jones-raiders-start-over-and-giants-all-in-as-4-qbs-go-in-top-10/
I doubt Penix lasts until pick 20. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 4 QB's are taken in the top 6-8 picks. A lot of teams need QBs. We will have to give up a lot more than a second to get one of those top guys, I think. Every NFCS team will be picking QB if available except Carolina who doesn't have their pick anyway. I expect the Raiders, Broncos, Packers, Giants and possibly Steelers to be in the mix with us in the QB market. Gonna be tough to land one. I get what you're saying Harold and don't disagree. I just think it's going to be tough because some of those other teams are going to ask for a lot to get one of those top picks, especially from the Seahawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Penix lasts until pick 20. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 4 QB's are taken in the top 6-8 picks. A lot of teams need QBs. We will have to give up a lot more than a second to get one of those top guys, I think. Every NFCS team will be picking QB if available except Carolina who doesn't have their pick anyway. I expect the Raiders, Broncos, Packers, Giants and possibly Steelers to be in the mix with us in the QB market. Gonna be tough to land one. I get what you're saying Harold and don't disagree. I just think it's going to be tough because some of those other teams are going to ask for a lot to get one of those top picks, especially from the Seahawks.
I agree that Penix goes earlier then pick 20 and yes lots of teams looking for a QB. Most early mocks under estimate where QBs go in the actual draft. Here's one that has Penix going at pick 19.

Penix likely goes top ten, and at worse top 15 and it will be expensive to move up enough to draft him. Maybe Metcalf can be part of a package to do so. I still think it was foolish and premature to trade that second away for a rental.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sold on Penix being a good franchise quarterback

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bold statement, but I don't think Seattle has any intention of drafting a QB next year. I think they'll go safety/ILB or Guard in the 1st (or trade down and stay with those positions). I think Pete will ride out his days with Seattle with a cheap (at least in comparison to the high paid guys) veteran and just continue to build up the team around him. I think Diggs and Adams are on borrowed time, Brooks may not be resigned, Wagner is close to retirement (although the guy still balls out), and Lewis/Haynes can't stay healthy.

I also think Leonard Williams will get extended because he's a Michael Bennett clone to some degree which just fits the defense so naturally... I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they gave up the 2nd was to roll over the cap (barring injuries and having to sign someone) for next year for just that reason.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix likely goes top ten, and at worse top 15 and it will be expensive to move up enough to draft him. Maybe Metcalf can be part of a package to do so. I still think it was foolish and premature to trade that second away for a rental.
i dont think we have the ammo to get up into the top half of the draft without leveraging a future 1st rounder, and I havent really looked at the QBs very closely but my gut feels like we will be taking one in round 3 or later as the 1st round QBs will all be long gone by the time we pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bold statement, but I don't think Seattle has any intention of drafting a QB next year. I think they'll go safety/ILB or Guard in the 1st (or trade down and stay with those positions). I think Pete will ride out his days with Seattle with a cheap (at least in comparison to the high paid guys) veteran and just continue to build up the team around him. I think Diggs and Adams are on borrowed time, Brooks may not be resigned, Wagner is close to retirement (although the guy still balls out), and Lewis/Haynes can't stay healthy.

I also think Leonard Williams will get extended because he's a Michael Bennett clone to some degree which just fits the defense so naturally... I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they gave up the 2nd was to roll over the cap (barring injuries and having to sign someone) for next year for just that reason.
Oh I can see why you feel like that. Think the idea of signing Geno was to go with him for a couple of years, but he's reverting back to what his normal expected play is vs the outlier play he had early last season and that's not to encouraging given the hard part of the season is right ahead of the Seahawks-Raven, Rams ( who have had the Seahawks number lately) 49ers twice Cowboys and Eagles. I'm not expecting good play from Geno out of that stretch. Trading for Williams was a move to lean on the defense IMO to get them into the playoffs despite Geno play. However if Geno play continues to limit Seahawks success IDK how the Seahawks can just say the hell with the QB position come next draft.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless the Seahawks go really deep in the playoffs, I would be pretty shocked if we don't draft a QB. Right now there are 5 QBs that are possible 1st rounders. If one of them makes it to the Hawks, I could easily see them pull the trigger. Although it is probably more likely they go with someone in day 2 or 3.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think we have the ammo to get up into the top half of the draft without leveraging a future 1st rounder, and I havent really looked at the QBs very closely but my gut feels like we will be taking one in round 3 or later as the 1st round QBs will all be long gone by the time we pick.
That's a different take that your stance prior to the 2023 draft where you insisted they could land a better QB in 2024.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the sure fire type are out of the Seahawks reach. Who do like ( who isn't going top 5) at QB for 2024?
My statement was based off us moving up in the draft to get him... I don't want to move up and draft him for sure... If he lands to us, then I'd be a bit optimistic as why that would be the case... If QB is such a premium position, why wouldn't he be drafted in the top 10? He has a big arm but I don't think he has very good pocket presence...

I just don't feel like Pete wants to go back to the drawing board with a rookie QB, imo... I think he's more of a win now mode so he can move on to retirement... I'd be very surprised if we took a QB in round 1 of our draft... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's hanging onto Lock as our guy next year...

With us being such a young team, with good depth, i can see us going BPA in round 1...