• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day Thread ( I was looking for it! )

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it's NOT accurate. Geno Smith has more game winning drives in the final minute or overtime than any other QB in the last 2 years. Your claim that he isn't a "starting quality QB" isn't based on anything but your own biases. Was Geno Smith a starting level QB last year? He was in the Pro Bowl so at least some people thought so. Are the Seahawks 5-2 this year with Geno starting? Yes. You are just engaging in selective stat parsing to frame your argument.

More mind reading.

Ok, that's incorrect. Geno has 5 GWD since the start of the 2022 season. Kirk Cousins has 8 (all in 22). Pickett, Herbert and Daniel Jones each have 6. Geno's tied for 5th in GWD with Desmond Ridder, Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady. Better than his reputation, but not the best.

Ok, the statistician in me has been satiated, back to your debate.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows... He could become another guy like Baldwin (UDFA) and be a staple on the receiving corp in the future but he's definitely not close to being that yet..

I hope so. I like kid. He's made some nice plays.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penix keeping up with williams in this game, making some really nice throws

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive mainly been watching the michigan game but that williams fumble definitely shifted the tide

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game by the huskies, wow

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game by the huskies, wow
Yeah, that was a great game. Unlike my cougars that just finished. They suck. The Huskies are going to throttle them in a few weeks.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams probably lost a few votes, struggling on the last two drives of the game for the Heisman

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams probably lost a few votes, struggling on the last two drives of the game for the Heisman
He made some amazing plays and throws throughout the game, escaping and throwing darts downfield

Looked a little wilsonesque, but better size. He impressed me a lot.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it's NOT accurate. Geno Smith has more game winning drives in the final minute or overtime than any other QB in the last 2 years. Your claim that he isn't a "starting quality QB" isn't based on anything but your own biases. Was Geno Smith a starting level QB last year? He was in the Pro Bowl so at least some people thought so. Are the Seahawks 5-2 this year with Geno starting? Yes. You are just engaging in selective stat parsing to frame your argument.

Oh god i just saw this LMAO! I rest my case after this post! this 100% proves you are delusional and 100% bias about Geno so much so you are willing to "LIE!" about it.

Cousins in 2022
Big Ben in 2021

Oh and since Geno wasn't a starting QB in 2021 maybe you mean so far this year as you said the last 2 years... nope
Ridder 2023

Ridder having the lead in 2023 shows you dont have to be good to lead the NFL in GWD's

Tannehill 2020
Allen, Watson, Wilson ( tied ) 2019
Brees 2018
Cousins ( Again ) 2017 ( tied with 4 other guys )

Flyer i LOVE your passion and support 100% with out a doubt but some times you got to call a pile of shit a pile of shit even if it's dipped in 14k gold.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god i just saw this LMAO! I rest my case after this post! this 100% proves you are delusional and 100% bias about Geno so much so you are willing to "LIE!" about it.

Cousins in 2022
Big Ben in 2021

Oh and since Geno wasn't a starting QB in 2021 maybe you mean so far this year as you said the last 2 years... nope
Ridder 2023

Ridder having the lead in 2023 shows you dont have to be good to lead the NFL in GWD's

Tannehill 2020
Allen, Watson, Wilson ( tied ) 2019
Brees 2018
Cousins ( Again ) 2017 ( tied with 4 other guys )

Flyer i LOVE your passion and support 100% with out a doubt but some times you got to call a pile of shit a pile of shit even if it's dipped in 14k gold.
It was something they said on. Rock and Salk. I probably misheard the stat.

again, I'm not a Geno supporter. But he's who we got for the season and I don't want to pretend that he's the only problem. And I don't want to pretend that bringing in some JAG will change our future.

I never wanted to trade Russ in the first place.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was something they said on. Rock and Salk. I probably misheard the stat.

again, I'm not a Geno supporter. But he's who we got for the season and I don't want to pretend that he's the only problem. And I don't want to pretend that bringing in some JAG will change our future.

I never wanted to trade Russ in the first place.

I never wanted to trade Russ also but meh it turned out for the best. Yes we would be better with Russell if we had the same players ( this year not last year ) but then you remove the picks we got for him and things don't look so great. I just feel we are wasting time with Geno when we should at the very least improve the younger guy on the team to make him a more valuable trade option. I think the talent on this team could make Lock look like a starter then we could ship him off for a 3rd or something. I have seen it a LOT in the NFL, A talented team makes a QB look better than he is and that team gets good compensation from another team thinking they could make him their starter. why not us? No one will give us anything for Geno. Lock is young enough to stir up interest if he shows a spark.

I also feel like we might have a QB on the team if we wouldn't have gave up so much for Adams. One of those 1st might have become a QB. Then again the 2021 and 2022 drafts were not very good for QB's at all. Trevor Lawrence being the only one and we were not in the position or wouldn't have been for him.

O'Connell didn't look to bad today, I would feel better with him as our Back-up but Lock should be as good as O'Connell. But we will never find out.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted to trade Russ also but meh it turned out for the best. Yes we would be better with Russell if we had the same players ( this year not last year ) but then you remove the picks we got for him and things don't look so great. I just feel we are wasting time with Geno when we should at the very least improve the younger guy on the team to make him a more valuable trade option. I think the talent on this team could make Lock look like a starter then we could ship him off for a 3rd or something. I have seen it a LOT in the NFL, A talented team makes a QB look better than he is and that team gets good compensation from another team thinking they could make him their starter. why not us? No one will give us anything for Geno. Lock is young enough to stir up interest if he shows a spark.

I also feel like we might have a QB on the team if we wouldn't have gave up so much for Adams. One of those 1st might have become a QB. Then again the 2021 and 2022 drafts were not very good for QB's at all. Trevor Lawrence being the only one and we were not in the position or wouldn't have been for him.

O'Connell didn't look to bad today, I would feel better with him as our Back-up but Lock should be as good as O'Connell. But we will never find out.

Pete isn't going to torpedo the season. Every decision that he makes will be focused on winning games now. So he's not going to bench Geno just to see what Lock can do. And he's not going to bench Geno because of yesterday. Yesterday was a complete team failure. I would be surprised if he benches anyone.

Benching Geno would be super risky for team cohesion. Players are trying to win every game. When coaches start making desperation moves, the players start to question the coach.

Based on his play so far this season, we will be looking for a new QB next year. But for this year, we are Geno or bust.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember during the draft, Pete/John made a comment that they like Drew Lock just a much as they liked the guys available to them in the draft at their pick... This is why I don't think it would be a surprise if we saw Lock play soon if Geno keeps this up... I firmly believe that Carroll/John believe/committed to the fact that Lock is our QB for the next few season...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember during the draft, Pete/John made a comment that they like Drew Lock just a much as they liked the guys available to them in the draft at their pick... This is why I don't think it would be a surprise if we saw Lock play soon if Geno keeps this up... I firmly believe that Carroll/John believe/committed to the fact that Lock is our QB for the next few season...

I only see them going with Lock if things truly dire. A bad loss to the Commanders on Sunday could cause it. Another loss to the Rams and that would probably do it.

FTR, I don't think the Hawks lose to either of them but who knows?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find that hard to believe. IF they had that much faith in lock they would have let geno walk and started him this year.

ill be shocked if we dont take a QB in the draft, probably in round 1.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find that hard to believe. IF they had that much faith in lock they would have let geno walk and started him this year.

I'd be shocked if we don't take one with one of our first 3 rounds AND I wouldn't be shocked if Drew is our starter next year... Crazy thing to think that John/Pete have only drafted 2 QB's since they've been here I believe... Russell and McGough... And both were after rounds 3...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. A QB seems pretty likely early in the draft.

I still think this team will wind up as a playoff team so I still don't think we will have a great pick in the 1st round. But there are 5 QB that could have 1st round designations.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drafting a QB next season seems like a foregone conclusion, but is it and what round is the question. The cream at QB will be drafted ahead of the Seahawks pick, so do they wait until later to draft a QB? Would fit Pete's MO as he seems always want to build the roster around the QB over using a premium pick on a top prospect at QB. Hitting on RW and Geno outlier season first half of 2022 probably has Pete believing that is the correct way to go but I got to think it's going to be difficult to repeat as I feel a whole lot of luck was involved. As for Lock, if Pete thought he was better than Geno he would of won the job over Geno. Nothing Lock has done says NFL starting QB.
Feel like Pete and John have done a good job with 2022 and 2023 draft and infused a lot of talent into the roster, but not enough to compete yet. Got some good starters, also have some that are only serviceable and the depth is paper thin at some positions. Pete's biggest flaw is he's always in a hurry to compete and tends to want to take shortcuts over simply building through the draft. Trading next's year 2nd round pick for a aging rent a player is one of Pete's classic shortcuts that are not only costly but was premature (roster not there yet) and is going to end up backfiring.
Probably not a wise idea for me to comment following a crushing defeat as it leaves me feeling overly negative about the future, but a crushing defeat also creates a need to vent, so......

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting a QB next season seems like a foregone conclusion, but is it and what round is the question. The cream at QB will be drafted ahead of the Seahawks pick, so do they wait until later to draft a QB? Would fit Pete's MO as he seems always want to build the roster around the QB over using a premium pick on a top prospect at QB. Hitting on RW and Geno outlier season first half of 2022 probably has Pete believing that is the correct way to go but I got to think it's going to be difficult to repeat as I feel a whole lot of luck was involved. As for Lock, if Pete thought he was better than Geno he would of won the job over Geno. Nothing Lock has done says NFL starting QB.
Could be true but they paid Geno the big contract coming off a pretty good year for his standards... At the time, it would've taken a lot from Drew Lock to replace Geno going into the season... There was a lot of hype for Geno being the Come Back Player of the Year and Pro Bowl honors so it was going to be tough for Lock to replace him any way... I'd like to know what kind of discussions were done behind closed doors and why Lock had chosen to stick around instead of leaving for another team this off season...
Probably not a wise idea for me to comment following a crushing defeat as it leaves me feeling overly negative about the future, but a crushing defeat also creates a need to vent, so......
We're all prisoners of the moment...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know if it's Geno at the moment... I kind of want to know what the fuck is going on with Waldron? Is it that we now have TOO many weapons (JSN - who seriously needs to stop dropping balls, Zach Charbs, Bobo, Eskridge) and we're trying to get all those guys on the field too much? The 3 TE and even 2 TE set that he was using to help out the OL (who looked horrible yesterday, maybe Haynes played okay) have just been absent. Every run seems to go up the middle. The Peters/Forsythe rotation, knock it the fuck off! PICK ONE.

Not that Geno doesn't deserve some blame as well (missing open receivers this season, off target throws), but it seems like Waldron is just scheming some weird shit. Why when the Ravens are showing blitz 24/7 are you using 4-5 wideouts? with at times nobody even in the backfield? Where the hell are the tight ends? Why are we running up the middle on like EVERY play? No screens to counter anything, no outside runs, no slants, no tight ends targets at all.

In the last THREE games guess how many targets our tight ends have? 9... 3 in each game... I mean I know we don't have Travis fuckin' Kelce but good God our tight ends aren't that bad, Fant has speed/athletic ability, Parkinson is sure handed (better than Jaxon 'good to the last drop' Smith, and Dissly is a bruiser. Jesus Waldron, do you even know a tight end can block and then release to pass it to them? Meanwhile ever since Kam left we have no idea how to cover a tight end.