• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day: 2014 NFL Draft

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think getting a project LT / LG at #2 isn't a joke? The rams killed it? Lmao. You really think 1 rookie LG is going to make a difference against the defenses in the NFC west? And we don't even know if he can pass block?

Kinda like Brian Quick. 6'3 220 good speed, looks the part... But he can't fucking catch.

This regime loves projects and are blind to the obvious game changers right in front of their face.

What safeties are left? What OGs are left?

How many D-lineman on Seattle were drafted on the 1st round? You can find run stuffers all day - game changing safeties and playmakers not so much.

I don't know how else to explain it to u. But our offense isn't any better after the first round. Just more questions about whether we can protect a brittle QB that can't scramble.

Fucking joke

SJ

I didn't like the pick either. I am having flashbacks of Jason Smith.

But, come on, the sky is not falling.

They still have 6 rounds to go and plenty of talent still available. Joyner, Brooks, Bailey and Reynolds can all be starters from day 1 and they are available.

Seattle found a shutdown CB in Sherman in the 5th round for crying out loud. Colston was a 7th round pick for the Saints. It happens all the time. Pro bowlers are not just found in the 1st round.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snead's first round picks:

Michael Brockers
Tavon Austin
Alec Ogletree
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald

The thing they have in common is that all of them had 1 elite skill coming out of college that they were the best at or close to the best at in the draft they were coming out in.

Michael Brockers - run defense
Tavon Austin - agility in the open field
Alec Ogletree - pass coverage
Greg Robinson - run blocking
Aaron Donald - pass rushing

Lots of specialty players. If you collect (and keep) enough then you start getting something pretty special

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now I'm guessing we reach in a safety and their will be solid OGs left. Haha

Just pure genius.

And what does look in the mirror mean?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky is not falling and our offense isn't any better. Our pass protection is still suspect in a great defensive conference with a QB that is fragile and can't scramble... U following me here?

Pretty sure the game starts at the QB position.

They set the tone for me with the #2 overall pick. Lol. They love projects and still don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky is not falling and our offense isn't any better. Our pass protection is still suspect in a great defensive conference with a QB that is fragile and can't scramble... U following me here?

Pretty sure the game starts at the QB position.

They set the tone for me with the #2 overall pick. Lol. They love projects and still don't get it.

Don't get me wrong SJ.

I know exactly where you are coming from. I agree.

I don't have confidence that Bradford can deliver. Seems like he needs everything to be perfect for him to succeed and that isn't what a franchise QB is. At this point, he's basically Alex Smith. A decent QB that can have success in the right system but not a QB that is going to elevate your team or make the other guys better.

I wanted Mack, as you know. I felt, and still feel, they could've addressed the OG position in the 2nd (Jackson). I don't mind the Donald pick even though it wasn't a pressing need like S is. The front 4 is set for awhile. If Ray Ray can make the next step ( or they draft an OLB in the 2nd or 3rd ), then the front 7 is set.

Secondary and QB are the big areas of concern at this point. Let's see what they have in store for today.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is Jeff Fisher never takes a O-lineman in the 1st round ever and he takes a project LT that we think will start at LG at #2 overall?

The king of being .500 will continue his "success".

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB, WR, OLB, MLB back-up, secondary!!

Haha. But hey.. We will own the trenches! Lol

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 hours and 15 minutes till round 2

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is Jeff Fisher never takes a O-lineman in the 1st round ever and he takes a project LT that we think will start at LG?

The king of being .500 will continue his "success".

Yeah, I'm surprised that he didn't go Matthews.

Robinson is built like a Guard, not a LT (332lb).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree good OGs can get the job done out of the 2nd round or 3rd.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree good OGs can get the job done out of the 2nd round or 3rd.
Good WRs and CBs can get the job done in rd2, as well. Not so sure about S in this class but the other 2 spots are deep

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is as big as a project as you think and don't forget we have a very good OL coach. With Robinson and Saffold at guard Long, Barksdale at tackles we should have a pretty dominant OL. Winning the line of scrimmage battle is the key to beating 49ers, seahags. If u win that battle u will win most of the time it makes everyone better.... Run game, passing game etc

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good WRs and CBs can get the job done in rd2, as well. Not so sure about S in this class but the other 2 spots are deep

I believe the Rams thinking is Robinson is so much more dominant than the guard you're going to get in the second round and I believe he is its work the pick at 2. Not to mention he'll be able to play tackle too

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is as big as a project as you think and don't forget we have a very good OL coach. With Robinson and Saffold at guard Long, Barksdale at tackles we should have a pretty dominant OL. Winning the line of scrimmage battle is the key to beating 49ers, seahags. If u win that battle u will win most of the time it makes everyone better.... Run game, passing game etc
To beat the seahags, the Rams need a good oline. Without a good oline and running game, Seattle doesn't have to put 8 in the box and then games like the Super Bowl or Week 17 happen. Exotic and complex packages also seem to work a bit against Wilson still. Other than that, its iceskating uphill.

You have to be able to punch the Niners in the mouth. They are a team based around length. Kaepernicks long strides, Aldon's long arms...everyone's long arms. You also have to be able to throw deep against a good pass rush. That requires a lot.

Arizona's oline has gotten a bit better and their dline is vastly improved through scheme. I'm not sure what the gameplan is against them other than attacking them in the middle of the field.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
random report: M. Lee is dropping because of cartilage in knee problems

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
random report: M. Lee is dropping because of cartilage in knee problems
He might be taking the Keenan Allen comparison too far

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry but while I was not 100% on board with the Robinson pick at #2, I do not hate it either. The guy that they are comparing Robinson to did the exact same thing the Rams expect out of Robinson...his name?? HALL OF FAMER Jonathon Ogden. Now do I think he will be that good? Maybe, maybe not. Do I think he can be a pro bowl OG as a rookie? Yes Do I think he can be a pro bowl OT in a year or 2? Yes.

And personally, I love LOVE LOVE the Donald pick. This will force Wilson and CK to beat us with their arms and I do not think they can.

My big surprise?? Tre Mason. I love the pick but they could have easily gone with Martavis Bryant or another DB there and still gotten someone like Andre Williams today. That said, it is VERY obvious that Bradford will not throw the ball more than about 20 times a game and they plan to control the line of scrimmage on both sides...

2 more hours boys!!!