• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day: 2014 NFL Draft

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was interest in both picks per snisher's press conference.

Bills were interested in moving up obviously but #9 was too far down to get Robinson ( who they wanted ).

There was interest in #13, but when Donald fell there, they basically ignored the calls.

All per the press conference.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I can live with the Robinson like I said before I see there logic. He is an elite Run blocker. But.... I can't stop thinking if they would have went Mack & then Donald at 13 can you imagine our pass rush!! We wouldn't need a safety lol. And all the guards are still available for rd 2. They must have bad Robinson graded out the highest I guess.

thats putting too much money into one area of a team. Detroit Lions ring any bells? Look how much money they've put into their Dline. And where are they? I'll answer that...A .500 team

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats putting too much money into one area of a team. Detroit Lions ring any bells? Look how much money they've put into their Dline. And where are they? I'll answer that...A .500 team
Snisher also said in the presser, in order to compete in the NFC West we need to do two things well, run the ball and stop the run.

They addressed both of those areas with Studs in the first round.

'We got a lot better yesterday', per Fisher.

They say if you can get three starters in a draft, you hit it out of the park!

I think Snisher already have selected two starters in Robinson and Donald and we still have 6 rounds and 10 selections to swing for the fences!

Rd 2 (12) 44
Rd 3 (11) 75
Rd 4 (10) 110
Rd 5 (13) 153
Rd 6 (12) 188, (38) 214
Rd 7 (11) 226, (26) 241, (34) 249, (35) 250

Go Rams! :yahoo:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I package them 7ths for a higher pick ?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher and Snead attempted to trade back into the first round with a trade with Baltimore after the Donald selection but failed. They were after Zach Martin, Vita. SO, Martin would have made a pretty decent first round for building both lines. I think we as fans think because we want to trade down, it somehow is going to happen but if you don't have a trade partner, no amount of wishing by we fans is going to change that.

On day 2, the Rams are talking about three guys. Kouandijo, 'Filo from UCLA, and Gabe Jackson. SO we are getting bigger and nastier as this draft goes forward.

Apparently, they were also thinking about trading back up for Mosley as well. I would've loved to get Mosley, but the cost probably wasn't worth it with the needs they still have.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say this was my preference on how the first round would have gone, but I guess I'll have to trust that the Rams know what they're doing. We could have done worse though. I guess we did get two guys that were rated highest at their positions. Thank heavens we didn't draft Manziel or Anthony Barr. I just can't help thinking that every time we see Robinson give up another sack, and then flip the channel and see Watkins make another electrifying play that we're going to live to regret not taking him, just like we've lived to regret so many of our "could of had" decisions in the past. When we discover that Robinson can't cut it at tackle against the Clowneys of the league, he is going to end up being a very expensive guard at the 2nd pick of the draft.

When the Rams didn't take Manziel at #2, I was hoping each following pick was Manziel to keep the Rams from taking him lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several of the pundits have compared Robinson to potentially Walter Jones if he potentially develops as everyone expects from his physical tools alone. Those words do not sit well with Rams fans where we have heard this nonsense with every reach pick we have witnessed over the years with the most recent being Mr. Quick or Jason Smith or Danario Alexander or... and on it goes.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several of the pundits have compared Robinson to potentially Walter Jones if he potentially develops as everyone expects from his physical tools alone. Those words do not sit well with Rams fans where we have heard this nonsense with every reach pick we have witnessed over the years with the most recent being Mr. Quick or Jason Smith or Danario Alexander or... and on it goes.

didn't we bring DX as a free agent tho?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On ESPN they mentioned a few recent great OTs that played OG first until they were ready to take over at OT, but the names are escaping me at the moment.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE had worked-out Alexander as a draftee and when he didn't get drafted because of his atrocious medical history (he had like four total knee operations before he left college) the Rams signed him and then packaged him as something great. He didn't pan out with the Rams but had some decent years in San Diego before succumbing to too many knee injuries.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he's still available if anyone wants to take another shot with him.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot at the latest Missouri guy, L'Damian Washington in a simular vein. Should be a late day 3 guy?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Montana was a 3rd round pick, but we get the point.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he's still available if anyone wants to take another shot with him.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot at the latest Missouri guy, L'Damian Washington in a simular vein. Should be a late day 3 guy?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Washington in the 6th or 7th.

Even Archer would be good to fill Austin's role if he gets injured again ( but in the 6th or 7th ).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt, Josey and Washington are all worth looking at after rd 6. Washington in particular. Mizzou's passing offense wasn't always in good enough shape to give him the college career he deserved, imo

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think getting a project LT / LG at #2 isn't a joke? The rams killed it? Lmao. You really think 1 rookie LG is going to make a difference against the defenses in the NFC west? And we don't even know if he can pass block?

Kinda like Brian Quick. 6'3 220 good speed, looks the part... But he can't fucking catch.

This regime loves projects and are blind to the obvious game changers right in front of their face.

What safeties are left? What OGs are left?

How many D-lineman on Seattle were drafted on the 1st round? You can find run stuffers all day - game changing safeties and playmakers not so much.

I don't know how else to explain it to u. But our offense isn't any better after the first round. Just more questions about whether we can protect a brittle QB that can't scramble.

Fucking joke