• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day: 2014 NFL Draft

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Rams stayed true to there board, which I assume they did, I have no problem with the picks. With that being said, none of us will really know if it was a good first day of the draft until wee see these guy on the field. I just hope the scouts were right about these two guys.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at 4 different mock draft sites and as someone mentioned all of them had these two guys rated as the best player at their position. As far as their top 100 rankings are concerned Robinson was 2, 3, 3, 3 and Donlad was 7, 8 10, 12 so it appears the Rams did a good job. As I said, we'll see what happens when these guys get on the field.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at 4 different mock draft sites and as someone mentioned all of them had these two guys rated as the best player at their position. As far as their top 100 rankings are concerned Robinson was 2, 3, 3, 3 and Donlad was 7, 8 10, 12 so it appears the Rams did a good job. As I said, we'll see what happens when these guys get on the field.

I guess the o-line, for now, would be Long, Robinson, Wells, Saffold and Barksdale???

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been difficult to miss on the 2nd pick of the draft as far as highest rated players LTR. If we would have drafted Watkins, I think he was the 2nd highest rated player in the entire draft, and the #1 rated receiver. The Donald pick I think the Rams went with BPA. Not a bad pick by any means, and always good strategy to draft the BPA instead of "reaching for need" I just can't figure out where they are going to get a safety. If they would have traded back into the 1st round to grab Dix I would feel much better about the draft in spite of missing Watkins. But we failed to address a glaring need that isn't going away any time soon. Maybe the Rams have a plan for that as well, and I'm not special enough that they have informed me what it is at this point. But from a fans perspective, I don't see it at this point. :confused: :think:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dog in this for me, but I thought Robinson was a curious pick if OL was the choice...okay in STL you don't have to play him @ LT...Matthews may not have the upside of Robinson but is thought to be the more NFL ready guy.

I like Robinson a lot and if he's allowed to develop as an NFL OT he'll be fine...if pressed into LT duty next week, he's going to have the same learning curve of most rookie LTs...meaning he's going get beat while learning on the job.

Just one man's opinion, but I would've liked Watkins, Donald and Kouandjio at the top of the 2nd.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping that somehow we'd trade back into the first round and get Dix or Dennard since they fell so far. If we could have picked one of them up for our 2nd and third or something like that it would have addressed another need without being too expensive. I just don't see anything else worth gambling on at S in the next few rounds.
Hey Boss they were trying to but I'm not sure a lot of folks here would have liked it.

The Rams were on the verge of doubling down at offensive tackle in the first round, as they made an attempt to strike a deal with Baltimore for the 17th overall pick, which would have been utilized on Notre Dame offensive tackle Zack Martin. The attempt to acquire Martin only underscored a heightened focus on building the Rams’ roster from the interior, a hallmark of NFC West contenders Seattle and San Francisco.
Rams Steal the Show on Day One
I really like Martin too, thought they might double down with No. 13 and it looks like they probably would have moved back up into the first round however Dallas ended up selecting Zac Martin with No. 16, just one pick ahead of Baltimore.

Now if the Rams had an idea that the Boyz were eying Martin, we may just have a clue to what all that Johnny Manziel smoke screen was about last week. Oh well, Dallas didn't flinch and took our guy one pick ahead of where we would have traded up to.

Makes me wonder what that would have cost us if we traded back into the 1st round? I'll guess that 2nd @ No. 44 is gone but what else?

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been difficult to miss on the 2nd pick of the draft as far as highest rated players LTR. If we would have drafted Watkins, I think he was the 2nd highest rated player in the entire draft, and the #1 rated receiver. The Donald pick I think the Rams went with BPA. Not a bad pick by any means, and always good strategy to draft the BPA instead of "reaching for need" I just can't figure out where they are going to get a safety. If they would have traded back into the 1st round to grab Dix I would feel much better about the draft in spite of missing Watkins. But we failed to address a glaring need that isn't going away any time soon. Maybe the Rams have a plan for that as well, and I'm not special enough that they have informed me what it is at this point. But from a fans perspective, I don't see it at this point. :confused: :think:

I understand you should nail it with early picks like the Rams had but teams can still miss early and reach for a need. Or they can be like the old St. Louis football Cardinals and pick someone who would make every other team and draft "expert" scratch their had and say huh. Belive me I lived through many a bad drafts when the Cardinals were here and the Rams from 2000 until Fisher came on board weren't very good at it either.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, somebody is going to get a steal in the 2nd round in Kouandio. He's the size of a truck. If the Rams could somehow get him we'd never have to pass the ball again with him and Robinson on the line.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust that the FO knows more than I do, however I'm still baffled at the fact we took a OT with the 2nd pick who is more of a Run blocker/Road Grader than a pass blocking OT. We start this guy at Guard and then move him to LT?? Where is the logic in drafting a guard at #2? And on top of that we draft another undersized DL with the #13 pick instead of addressing the Secondary??? So all in all we have invested 4 1st round picks with the DL; I just do not see the purpose of drafting a DT when he's not going to start right away at #13. Just stupid imho, and I hope he doesn't become Jason Williams 2.0 because if that is the case we will be set back with that pick.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No dog in this for me, but I thought Robinson was a curious pick if OL was the choice...okay in STL you don't have to play him @ LT...Matthews may not have the upside of Robinson but is thought to be the more NFL ready guy."

I was one who thought the Rams would trade down a few spots and take Matthews and they may have tried. It's possible they just couldn't get what they wanted. From what I heard Matthews was the most pro ready guy in the draft.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust that the FO knows more than I do, however I'm still baffled at the fact we took a OT with the 2nd pick who is more of a Run blocker/Road Grader than a pass blocking OT. We start this guy at Guard and then move him to LT?? Where is the logic in drafting a guard at #2? And on top of that we draft another undersized DL with the #13 pick instead of addressing the Secondary??? So all in all we have invested 4 1st round picks with the DL; I just do not see the purpose of drafting a DT when he's not going to start right away at #13. Just stupid imho, and I hope he doesn't become Jason Williams 2.0 because if that is the case we will be set back with that pick.

He's going to be the left tackle at some point. Who knows how long Jake Long will be here or even stay injury free.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I was thinking as well LT, I don't mind picking an OT with the #2 pick but why pick the guy who isn't quite ready to be a NFL LT just to use him at G for the time being? Why not go with the Most NFL ready OT?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like Tom Savage if he's still there in the 2nd. Maybe a little early to pick, but this guy has potential. And I think we need somebody to fall back on when Bradford inevitably fails to deliver again this season. Of course we still have Shottenheimer at OC to destroy any potential offensive talent we do acquire so I guess its a wash there.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it looks complete....

rgiii_trade_-_new_page__2_.jpeg

Four Starters for sure, Robinson is penciled in as a starter and Baily looks promising!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder what that would have cost us if we traded back into the 1st round? I'll guess that 2nd @ No. 44 is gone but what else?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Vita, its a shame we couldn't pull something off. At this point I'm hoping the Rams just draft for BPA. This draft is too deep to waste reaching for players. If we somehow manage to land Kouandjio I'd be happy with that, but I doubt he'll be there by our pick.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that's big!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher and Snead attempted to trade back into the first round with a trade with Baltimore after the Donald selection but failed. They were after Zach Martin, Vita. SO, Martin would have made a pretty decent first round for building both lines. I think we as fans think because we want to trade down, it somehow is going to happen but if you don't have a trade partner, no amount of wishing by we fans is going to change that.

On day 2, the Rams are talking about three guys. Kouandijo, 'Filo from UCLA, and Gabe Jackson. SO we are getting bigger and nastier as this draft goes forward.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filo or Gabe Jackson would be great but I feel like they are admitting that Long isnt...Long for this team

Robinson does have a chance to be a once every 10 years run blocking tackle. Its really hard to look at his tape with Auburn because 1) Robinson is so young and 2) Auburn didnt have him on DEs half of the time.

Robinson and Donald really should practice against each other in practice to figure out how to deal with their weaknessess. In terms of explosiveness, both are near the top of this draft class

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I can live with the Robinson like I said before I see there logic. He is an elite Run blocker. But.... I can't stop thinking if they would have went Mack & then Donald at 13 can you imagine our pass rush!! We wouldn't need a safety lol. And all the guards are still available for rd 2. They must have bad Robinson graded out the highest I guess.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it looks complete....

rgiii_trade_-_new_page__2_.jpeg

Four Starters for sure, Robinson is penciled in as a starter and Baily looks promising!

i still got a feeling we could have traded for a bag of cheesey puffs and still came up on top