• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do You Drink Soda?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
x1,000,000

I love Coke but haven't had it in years and can't ever imagine drinking sodas again. It's liquid death. I got my kids off of it years ago too. We only drink water.

I had half a glass of Dr. Pepper over Christmas and I started to cramp. Thought I was fucking pregnant. :L

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About a case of Mountain Dew every day. I'm a wiry motherfucker.

Are you 30 yet. I could put anything in my body till I got to be about 30. From 30 on, if I ate it, I wore it. Now in my mid 50's....

I forget what I was saying....never mind.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not had a pop as we call it in Michigan for 8 years.

When I saw what Diet Coke did to a T-Bone steak in a pan and found out rural cops keep 2 liter in their squad cars to remove blood stains I said enough and will not put that shit in me again.

Didn't help I drank a 2 liter of Diet coke a day until I quiet and it gave me fucking withdrawals like I was a crack head.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had half a glass of Dr. Pepper over Christmas and I started to cramp. Thought I was fucking pregnant. :L
I had a coke after boot camp, and couldn't stand up straight for about a half hour. Spent most of it at the toilet.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink coffee but sometimes I can't help but wakeup with a

3778257.jpg

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you 30 yet. I could put anything in my body till I got to be about 30. From 30 on, if I ate it, I wore it. Now in my mid 50's....

I forget what I was saying....never mind.
LOL. I am 43 now

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not had a pop as we call it in Michigan for 8 years.

When I saw what Diet Coke did to a T-Bone steak in a pan and found out rural cops keep 2 liter in their squad cars to remove blood stains I said enough and will not put that shit in me again.

Didn't help I drank a 2 liter of Diet coke a day until I quiet and it gave me fucking withdrawals like I was a crack head.
Yeah, for sure.

The carbonic acid in soda (the stuff the cleans blood off) is the least of what makes it bad. It's the sugar.

Most people are complete sugar addicts. It's in virtually everything you buy at the store in a can, box, or bag. I count any refined flour of any kind as a sugar, personally, because that's purely what it becomes during digestion. Zero nutritional value.

Try making all of your own food from scratch for a few days and don't use refined flour, and most people will get real, physical sugar withdrawals. It's a drug.

I've cut it out almost completely for about 10 years now, and while sugary stuff tastes good once in awhile, a lot of times it just makes me sick.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure.

The carbonic acid in soda (the stuff the cleans blood off) is the least of what makes it bad. It's the sugar.

Most people are complete sugar addicts. It's in virtually everything you buy at the store in a can, box, or bag. I count any refined flour of any kind as a sugar, personally, because that's purely what it becomes during digestion. Zero nutritional value.

Try making all of your own food from scratch for a few days and don't use refined flour, and most people will get real, physical sugar withdrawals. It's a drug.

I've cut it out almost completely for about 10 years now, and while sugary stuff tastes good once in awhile, a lot of times it just makes me sick.

Spot on! My wife is on the Paleo diet and that shit is brutal. I try to cut out as many refined sugars as I can. My son lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks cutting refined sugars out of his diet.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a soda in a month but I'm good right now.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a can of Coca-Cola once or maybe twice a week with dinner (depending on what it is, pizza, burgers, etc.). Once in a blue moon I might have a Mountain Dew. Other than that it's all water, coffee, milk and Gatorade.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo:

It's amazing you are still pounding the dew like that. I'm jealous.
LOL. I stopped once for a couple of months...but decided, hell, I like the stuff. Might as well keep drinking it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on! My wife is on the Paleo diet and that shit is brutal. I try to cut out as many refined sugars as I can. My son lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks cutting refined sugars out of his diet.
Yeah, paleo is way too brutal for me. Beans of all kinds are a big part of my diet since I don't eat bread and tortillas and stuff like that. No way I could sustain eating full paleo for more than about a month.

I tried doing vegetarian for awhile, but that was too much as well. I admire people who can do it, but it would never be anything more than a "diet" for me, which I refuse to do.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to drink a 6 pack of Mountain Dew cans a day. Went for my physical and told my doc I wanted to lose a few lbs (probably was 220 then and wanted to be 210), he told me that he wasn't going to take that seriously if I drank that much sugar soda every day. So, I switched to Diet Mountain Dew.
20 years later, I am sick of being dependent upon caffeine and scared of artificial sweeteners, so I am trying to get used to water and the occasional coconut water. I still do drink some uncaffeinated sodas, but maybe one a day at this point. I've noticed that I pee a lot less often being off caffeine, which is nice for a middle aged man.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to drink a 6 pack of Mountain Dew cans a day. Went for my physical and told my doc I wanted to lose a few lbs (probably was 220 then and wanted to be 210), he told me that he wasn't going to take that seriously if I drank that much sugar soda every day. So, I switched to Diet Mountain Dew.
20 years later, I am sick of being dependent upon caffeine and scared of artificial sweeteners, so I am trying to get used to water and the occasional coconut water. I still do drink some uncaffeinated sodas, but maybe one a day at this point. I've noticed that I pee a lot less often being off caffeine, which is nice for a middle aged man.

TMI - but thanks IC! :doh:

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking of trying to quit the sugary drinks. I do like to have green tea every now and then. I imagine that I could drink that instead of the Mountain Dew.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just water & coffee for me these days. I might drink 1 or 2 pops per year, tops. When I did it was

img-vernors-group-shot_154226614034.jpg

It's a Detroit thing though I think you can get it a lot of places now. I still get a gallon of vanilla ice cream and a 2-liter once in a blue moon and splurge on some Vernors ice cream floats.... pure heaven.

followed by

Dr Pepper
Cherry Pepsi
Cherry Coke

and Pepsi > Coke if I had to pick.