• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do You Drink Soda?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to drink a 6 pack of Mountain Dew cans a day. Went for my physical and told my doc I wanted to lose a few lbs (probably was 220 then and wanted to be 210), he told me that he wasn't going to take that seriously if I drank that much sugar soda every day. So, I switched to Diet Mountain Dew.
20 years later, I am sick of being dependent upon caffeine and scared of artificial sweeteners, so I am trying to get used to water and the occasional coconut water. I still do drink some uncaffeinated sodas, but maybe one a day at this point. I've noticed that I pee a lot less often being off caffeine, which is nice for a middle aged man.

I had the opposite issue early on. Literally the first two nights after I cut cokes I woke up multiple times REALLY having to pee. And it wasn't just an urge, but a solid minute of standing. All I can figure is that without the extra sugar en sech, plus extra water, my body was dumping all the water it had stored to fight the soda. After two nights it stopped. I am refusing to weight myself, instead just going off how I feel. My wife commented that I look like I've lost a little weight but that's gotta just be water weight. I hit 196 and was scared to break the 200 mark. So just want back to 185 and I'll be thrilled.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink coffee, so I have a Mello Yello Zero every morning, so yes, I drink one a day. I'll drink a Monster Sunrise Energy maybe once a month.

And most of the time I drink my liquor straight, but every now and then I'll mix Jose Cuervo with Mello Yello Zero or recently I've acquired a taste of Canadian Club with Coke.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid the two soda's my grandparents always had in their fridge were Tab &

mwQfOsNCM5po9XhYWPiQXJA.jpg

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love soda so have to keep a close eye on my intake. I can go weeks and even months without one, but the next one never fails to just be so. damn. good. Coca-cola is my poison of choice, but I tend to stick to specialty soda sweetened with stevia.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went without sodas for over 6 months about 2 years ago, it was actually pretty easy after the first week. I was planning to start back with it this week to coincide with Lent, but I got shifted to 3rd shift for the next few weeks and need the caffeine to stay awake.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink Soda..... But I drink the hell outta pop!

Mt. Dew until I got kidney stones. Now Pepsi or Diet Dr Pepper.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink Soda..... But I drink the hell outta pop!

Mt. Dew until I got kidney stones. Now Pepsi or Diet Dr Pepper.
that'll keep kidney stones away for sure

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on twitter, so it must be true:

For the record, that comes to about $200 per person.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to living in Amurika and not giving a fuck?

You know they're gonna have a pill soon enough that cures heart disease anyways, right?

Drink up!!!!!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know they're gonna have a pill soon enough that cures heart disease anyways, right?

Drink up!!!!!
Side effects will only be paranoid schizophrenia, erectile dysfunction, sporadic incontinence, increased risk of stroke, possible left side paralysis, and cancer of the testes, pancreas, liver, and lungs.

But no heart disease, right?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all paranoia right there.

Have yourself a jack and coke and calm the fuck down. Life is a damn lottery. My old boss smoked 3 packs a day and drank coke like it was water and he made it to 96 before dying of natural causes.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you quit drinking soda then you better quit eating outside your home as well, because all that food you eat at restaurants is loaded with sugar and sodium. Lots and lots of sugar.

You can't outsmart life......you can only be less stupid than those who consume to the point where they're 300lbs. It's really quite simple. Eat fun things, but balance them out with healthy items and exercise.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy at work here used to weigh in at 350ish....had ankles the size of my thighs. It's been over a year now and he's down to 225 and the only thing he's done is quit drinking soda's. His love was mountain dew and that stuffs just one big sugar pill.

I feel so ripped off. I drank a case of mountain dew a day, quit drinking it completely and replaced it with water.

Didn't lose a single fucking pound. I mean what the fuck?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was exaggerating because at first i thought the stupid stuff you were saying was in jest. thanks for showing me otherwise.

it's not paranoia to say that for thousands of years, food didn't resemble what most people eat today, whether it's in moderation or not.

the idea that a pill will take care of diseases linked directly to diet choices is childish.

i love modern medicine, and our understanding of microbes and development of surgical techniques has extended our lives by a lot since even a century and a half ago. eating real food most of the time builds on that. if anything, your example about restaurants most people eat at proves exactly what i'm saying even when you think it proves whatever moronic point you're trying to make. when you eat out, you get what you pay for, and most people prefer fast and cheap like fast food or Applebees/Outback/Whatever Trendy Chain...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude it doesn't matter where in the hell you eat out at.

Nobody is cooking you food with organic ingredients. Are you fucking kidding me? People are greedy.....they want to make money. They're going to stuff the most cheap and unhealthy ingredients down your throat that they can, and it's going to be loaded with sugar so that your body likes it and you want to come back.

There aren't people out there just giving out good food out of the kindness of their hearts. Every single restaurant is a business looking to rip you off, and they do so by feeding you less than you pay for.

If you're going to take soda out of your life then there are a shit ton of other things you should also consider.