• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did anyone know there's a draft this week?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long time Warrior fan, I have long been a fan of the NBA Draft and all it's mock drafts and player projection. Realistically it was the only real time for any optimism because it was still before management decided to pick the wrong players. Also because it was the only thing to look forward to since the Warriors were out of the playoffs entirely.

The Warriors have had a pretty great run of draft picks lately, Nedovic aside.

Curious to see who they'll select at 30. Also strong possibility 30th could be included in a deal with David Lee.

Anyone got any guys they'd like to see around at 30?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long time Warrior fan, I have long been a fan of the NBA Draft and all it's mock drafts and player projection. Realistically it was the only real time for any optimism because it was still before management decided to pick the wrong players. Also because it was the only thing to look forward to since the Warriors were out of the playoffs entirely.

The Warriors have had a pretty great run of draft picks lately, Nedovic aside.

Curious to see who they'll select at 30. Also strong possibility 30th could be included in a deal with David Lee.

Anyone got any guys they'd like to see around at 30?

The draft was our postseason for most of the past 40 years. Seeing what ping pong ball would fall to us was our playoff experience. Don't really pay attention to college ball and don't know prospects. Hard to get excited about 30th pick. Maybe we get lucky and find a good player, but so many of them are really average. I heard about the Lee for draft picks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the heads up. I am going to make sure to watch it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being a bit facetious with my post, but definitely will be interesting.

Two things I'll be looking for:

1) If the pick needs to get moved with David Lee, it's likely that Lee will be traded before or on Draft night. That way the team that's picking him up will get a chance to take who they like.

2) If we do keep the pick, curious to see if they try to just take the BPA or solidify another backup rotation spot. I'd like to see either another SG for more wing depth or an athletic big who can stretch the floor.

One guy that really intrigues me is Christian Wood. He's 6'11" monster rebounder/shot blocker. Runs the floor extremely well and even has touch from the outside. The major knock on him is his motor, focus and poor shot selection. I'd say if he's playing on a team with Draymond Green, he'll be in his ear every day. He won't be asked to do much in his rookie year, so he can sit on the bench or get time in the D-League to develop. The Warriors have a strong group of veterans with high work ethics. There really wouldn't be many better landing places for him.

Some mocks have him in the late first round, others have him dropped as low as mid 2nd. Chad Ford has him at 41, for what it's worth.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New rumors out there of the Warriors trying to trade up. Interesting to see which player they may be targeting if they're wanting to move up. Also interesting to see what assets they have to move to move up the draft board.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CS, is Wood a center?

He doesn't look nearly strong enough to hold down a center spot right now. I would think he'll probably be a guy that floats between a PF/C position. Gun to my head, I'd say PF.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it that you came upon this guy? Did you read an article about him or something, or did you see him play on tv?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it that you came upon this guy? Did you read an article about him or something, or did you see him play on tv?

Mostly through other people's mock drafts and projections. As I said, the draft was really the only thing Warrior fans had to look forward to, so I like looking into players who could help the Warriors.

All the names that are floated near the Warriors I tend to just youtube video of them. Wood has lottery talent, but he also has huge bust potential. If he doesn't land at a spot that has a strong culture with veterans to keep him in line, then he could be out of the league after his rookie contract is up.

He could be Anthony Davis-lite or Anthony Randolph. The biggest knock on him is his motor and focus. Those are things a team like the Warriors would help him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is like a young Tristan Thompson. They said that the Celtics will take him @ 16

Wow. Most mocks have him in the second round. The highest I've seen him was I think 24. There are lots of good players that should still be available around 16 for the Celtics.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Most mocks have him in the second round. The highest I've seen him was I think 24. There are lots of good players that should still be available around 16 for the Celtics.

2015 NBA Draft, Christian Wood: UNLV big man high-risk, high-reward for Boston Celtics | masslive.com

The Celtics have 2 picks, he may go in the late 20's. I don't pay much attention to what the media says about the draft. Normally, most 5-6 picks are locked; after that anything goes.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, that Latvian kid Porzingis looks really good on paper. 19 yrs old, 7-1", and can shoot 3 like Dirk. I think he will do great with the right team and coaches.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have forgotten about the draft except for Tom Tolbert talking about it on KNBR. I don't know anything about the player the Warriors drafted at 30. I didn't realize the Warriors waived Nedovic. I completely forgot about him. Figured he was playing in Europe somewhere.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, that Latvian kid Porzingis looks really good on paper. 19 yrs old, 7-1", and can shoot 3 like Dirk. I think he will do great with the right team and coaches.

Didn't he go to the Knicks? I believe he was mostly booed by the NY crowd. They just wanted a name they knew, I suppose.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is like a young Tristan Thompson. They said that the Celtics will take him @ 16

Wood goes from being mentioned at 16 to the Celtics to not being drafted at all. Wow. Scouts must have red flagged him, probably because of all the concerns about his motor/work ethic.

It's probably a good thing I don't work as a scout for the Warriors. What do I know...

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets signed Wood to a FA contract.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Looney, I think the Warriors did well again all things considered. I like what my Milwaukee Bucks did too. Looking forward to NBA basketball for the first time in a long time. Hell yes I knew there was a draft going on.

I think Jerian Grant is going to be a great pick along with the kid, Portis, the Fucking Bulls took, lucky bastards.