• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D1 Rookie draft 2018 discussion

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a number of RB still available in this draft that the Browns should have the choice of in the 2nd round. I just don't understand the Ward pick at 4. Should have taken Chubb there and had a dominate DL for years.
I don't think there's any RB left that would automatically take Hyde's job..ergo, I doubt they'd waste a pick on a RB..But, shit, they just wasted #1 and #4(well not wasted, but still blew it), so why not?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is faily good, he'll get used more the crowell ad duke lines up in the slot alot

You're under the assumption they don't take one in the second round, which would not be a shock. Yes Barkley would be a bigger value killer than Guice, but if they draft Guice or Michel or Chubb it will just make the entire backfield fantasy irrelevant.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any RB left that would automatically take Hyde's job..ergo, I doubt they'd waste a pick on a RB..But, shit, they just wasted #1 and #4(well not wasted, but still blew it), so why not?

I didn't mind the Mayfield pick. I would have gone after the kid from UCLA instead, but think Mayfield can ride behind Taylor for a year or two then take over. Like I said the Ward pick came completely out of left field to me.

I didn't like Denver taking Chubb either. For the simple reason they already have one of the best Ds in football, but need a QB.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind the Mayfield pick. I would have gone after the kid from UCLA instead, but think Mayfield can ride behind Taylor for a year or two then take over. Like I said the Ward pick came completely out of left field to me.

I didn't like Denver taking Chubb either. For the simple reason they already have one of the best Ds in football, but need a QB.
They need OL, RB, and DB..and a developmental QB..they would've made an equally huge mistake taking a QB at 5. They may not need Chubb...but Christ, that sucks for me

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were not for Detroit, that would have been the worst pick yet.
Lol..I like Penny, was kinda hoping he'd have a bad landing spot and fly under the radar a bit. That ain't happening now.

And Cleveland already had the worst pick..Detroit did OK I thought

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Harold, Steve Largent, and Jim Zorn's sake I hope I am wrong on Penny, but I had him rated as the most likely to be a bust of all the RBs.

Detroit took a center that would be there in the 3rd round because they are afraid of pissing their fans off by taking an Ohio State player.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're under the assumption they don't take one in the second round, which would not be a shock. Yes Barkley would be a bigger value killer than Guice, but if they draft Guice or Michel or Chubb it will just make the entire backfield fantasy irrelevant.

They most certainly could - but still think they have too many other needs (OL, DST) to go there. Specifically a Center and LT (everyone keeps forgetting what a huge loss Joe Thomas was). Both are REAL needs, rather than depth at a position depending on those positions to succeed (think I worded that correctly). ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They most certainly could - but still think they have too many other needs (OL, DST) to go there. Specifically a Center and LT (everyone keeps forgetting what a huge loss Joe Thomas was). Both are REAL needs, rather than depth at a position depending on those positions to succeed (think I worded that correctly). ....

I agree with you totally that they shouldn't draft one. But then again they shouldn't have drafted Baker Mayfield at 1 or Denzel Ward at 4 and that didn't stop them. Once again, it is the Browns.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Harold, Steve Largent, and Jim Zorn's sake I hope I am wrong on Penny, but I had him rated as the most likely to be a bust of all the RBs.

Detroit took a center that would be there in the 3rd round because they are afraid of pissing their fans off by taking an Ohio State player.

I don't know much about Ragnow, but i was very High on Price and agree he should have been the pick at center.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle @TREFF - most admit you guys were correct - and after looking at CLE's depth chart, they really did need another RB since they had no depth. But if they were going to take one, I feel relatively comfortable with the choice of Chubb. At the very least Duke's job is safe. ... and I believe Hyde's is as well - barring injury.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle @TREFF - most admit you guys were correct - and after looking at CLE's depth chart, they really did need another RB since they had no depth. But if they were going to take one, I feel relatively comfortable with the choice of Chubb. At the very least Duke's job is safe. ... and I believe Hyde's is as well - barring injury.

Well you'll know by the end of pre-season how they feel about them. The problem is that all of our drafts are before that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you'll know by the end of pre-season how they feel about them. The problem is that all of our drafts are before that.
Its possible we might know before yours since you're making us wait FOREVER.. ;) ..no hope for D1 or 2 though

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A risk I'll have to take at this point. .... but certainly feel better about it being Chubb rather than Barkley - he would have killed both their values. Chubb can't catch but the other two can, doubt CLE will be milking out the clock very often - so there's at least that going for me. .....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible we might know before yours since you're making us wait FOREVER.. ;) ..no hope for D1 or 2 though

Yeah, but there won't even be a pre-season game before my draft so all you'll get is training camp "talk".