• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick and his neverending saga of missed opportunities

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and technically he left on good terms as opting out was an option on the contract. Of course, there was some heat between him and the front office, but he did take an option that was on the contract.

But he is playing the victim that he had no options and he has had multiple options. None were either good enough for him or he messed it up.

I think you are right on many accounts. The offer from Denver was prior to his kneeling and the controversy. I think his options started to dry up after his kneeling and any remaining options he had dried up with those idiotic tweets of the Baltimore Ravens owner and Ray Lewis.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely hope Elway has put his foot in his mouth with the comments and enhanced Kaepernick's collusion chances.....

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, even more than the Castro shirt and the pig socks, it was the Veterans Day celebration. SF was honoring past and living veterans. They had elderly folks saluting the flag. Many had friends and family that came home in a coffin draped with the flag. Kaep chose to disrespect them all and not stand. That was a poor choice. That day, he should have stood. It wasn't his day. He could have gained much support.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was the media that made up the headline to make it appear that Elway offered the contract during all of his drama, not Elway. Either way, he could have taken a pay cut and played in Denver. Had it worked out, he could have ended up better than his current situation.

Elway knew exactly what he was doing when he made his statement. Why would he bring up an old offer that had different circumstances like Kaep taking a 40% pay cut, knowing that Kaep would accept a contract now?

Plus, since when did it matter if a player previously turn down an offer from you?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saddest part of all of this is that, if he hadn't worn the sock or the Castro shirt, if he hadn't knelt and created the divide that he did - which, make no mistake, made race relations exponentially worse - he would be looked at as an amazing person, and in several ways should be, based on what he's done off the field. Unlike most of the kneeling players, he has dedicated a lot of his time and money to his cause, which is very admirable. His immaturity and inability to think rationally cost him his job and his legacy.

This is spot on. He has really helped with Camp Taylor which is camp for kids with heart defects. It was because of this help that a new Camp for the kids is being built not too far from me and he did it with little fanfare. But all that has been overshadowed by the kneeling, pig socks, etc. He just went about things the wrong way. It cost him and it really didn't have the desired effect.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, even more than the Castro shirt and the pig socks, it was the Veterans Day celebration. SF was honoring past and living veterans. They had elderly folks saluting the flag. Many had friends and family that came home in a coffin draped with the flag. Kaep chose to disrespect them all and not stand. That was a poor choice. That day, he should have stood. It wasn't his day. He could have gained much support.

This is the same country that have hundreds of thousands of vets that are homeless and have Vets waiting months to get into the VA.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People aren't mad at the protest, they are mad at what's being protested. Lets be real now.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the subject of Kaepernick protesting in the wrong forum/place, what does any of that have to do with a football game?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway knew exactly what he was doing when he made his statement. Why would he bring up an old offer that had different circumstances like Kaep taking a 40% pay cut, knowing that Kaep would accept a contract now?

Plus, since when did it matter if a player previously turn down an offer from you?

They brought back Osweiller (sp?).

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of Kaepernick protesting in the wrong forum/place, what does any of that have to do with a football game?
You are right, it may not belong. I think it was just taking advantage of the crowd to put on a Veterans Day celebration.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elway didn't bring it up. He was asked a question.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ all the derps who called him a victim.

Got beat out by Blaine Gabbert (twice), and turned down 7 million from the Broncos (Reid turned down at least 1 contract offer too).

But he's being targetted. :trash:

Now Kaeptard and all his apologists can

giphy.gif

I'm guessing you don't know that this was before the protesting became a huge problem.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is littered with guys that protest and kneel.

If a guy can help a team win an owner is willing to overlook a lot. But when you have marginal talent and look to be a backup at best you better not have a traveling road show following you around.

Elway put his foot in his mouth. He should just say the Broncos thought about him and moved on.