• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick and his neverending saga of missed opportunities

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway offered him something like a 40% pay cut.

Anyways, the Bengals should’ve offered him. He’s like 10 times better than Ginger boy.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He literally had a contract through 2017-18 signed and everything, but he opted out. I am thankful because I don't think the 49ers would have gotten Garapollo.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, this was before the whole anthem saga. So Elway shouldn’t be acting like he offered him during the height of the drama.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He literally had a contract through 2017-18 signed and everything, but he opted out. I am thankful because I don't think the 49ers would have gotten Garapollo.
Yep. He opted out. Then his girlfriend sabotaged a chance in Baltimore. Then he flubbed in Seattle.
This is all brought on by his own actions.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was the media that made up the headline to make it appear that Elway offered the contract during all of his drama, not Elway. Either way, he could have taken a pay cut and played in Denver. Had it worked out, he could have ended up better than his current situation.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand why it's so hard for some people to understand that some teams just don't want to deal with this headache or have the circus come to town unless the on-field performance makes it worth it.

Teams shied away from Tebow because the distraction of Tebowmania would follow. Not because of some "it's for being Christian" nonsense.

Teams shied away from Kaepernick because protests, parachute media, distractions and possible division would follow. Not because teams think the likes of Josh Johnson is better.

Ray Rice probably would have landed at least a tryout if he wasn't already in decline.

Fuck, the Steelers couldn't sign Mike Vick without a bunch of whiny PETA horse humpers protesting outside Heinz Field.

And so on and so on and so on

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they go back after him when he told them no? I don't get what the whole "out of context" has to do with it. I don't know why before the protests is worse than after he started protesting. Was Denver supposed to go back after him because he started protesting, even though he turned them down already?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean pig socks and a Castro shirt? Really?
He didn't want a job he wanted to impress his girlfriend.

What got me was last year, I kept hearing players say, "This was never about disrespecting cops."

I laughed because that is how it all started.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He opted out because Lynch and Shanahan told Kaep he was going to be cut so he might as well get started early in looking for a new home. Kaep hurt himself the year before when he redid his contract and removed the guaranteed money. You know Shanahan has no interest in any running/read option QB.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He opted out because Lynch and Shanahan told Kaep he was going to be cut so he might as well get started early in looking for a new home. Kaep hurt himself the year before when he redid his contract and removed the guaranteed money. You know Shanahan has no interest in any running/read option QB.

True, and technically he left on good terms as opting out was an option on the contract. Of course, there was some heat between him and the front office, but he did take an option that was on the contract.

But he is playing the victim that he had no options and he has had multiple options. None were either good enough for him or he messed it up.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saddest part of all of this is that, if he hadn't worn the sock or the Castro shirt, if he hadn't knelt and created the divide that he did - which, make no mistake, made race relations exponentially worse - he would be looked at as an amazing person, and in several ways should be, based on what he's done off the field. Unlike most of the kneeling players, he has dedicated a lot of his time and money to his cause, which is very admirable. His immaturity and inability to think rationally cost him his job and his legacy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the movie.

> Peyton Manning nears retirement.
> fake news MSM says Colin Kaepernick is favorite to replace Peyton Manning.
> Idiot Colin Kaeperick believes fake news, opts out of 14 million dollar contract with Niners.
> Kaepernick drops wigger skater boi look for BLM girlfriend.
> Kneels and Wears pig socks to get pussy.
> Fails as free agent.
> Turns down only offer from Broncos.
> Loses job in NFL.
> Audience gives standing ovation.