• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick and his neverending saga of missed opportunities

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A recent President once said, "Elections have consequences." True words. It's almost like an employee's behavior in the workplace has consequences as well. Hot damn.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A recent President once said, "Elections have consequences." True words. It's almost like an employee's behavior in the workplace has consequences as well. Hot damn.

And being a dick can still get presidents elected.

Hot damn.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Spoken like a white man.

Right on cue from a libtard. #1 on the list.

C3ZE9O-UkAAm9gI.jpg

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reaps what one sows.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Zachary.

Especially when it comes to being ignorant to the concerns of those that are not the majority.

Which folks just like you appear to be.

Just exactly what kind of "folks like me" am I?
As long as I am not "folks like you" then I am good.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure all of us would gladly take a 40% pay cut just to be in the presence of Elway and whatnot.... as to his opting out that is true BUT none of that money was guaranteed so if he'd opted in the Niners would've just cut him. They weren't going to pay him 14 million a year. Opting out let him explore other opportunities earlier. As it turns out there weren't many. Hes mot going to win his collusion case but let's not pretend hes mot signed for any reason other than his protest. Theres no argument to be made claiming hes not one of the 96 best quarterbacks in the world

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure all of us would gladly take a 40% pay cut just to be in the presence of Elway and whatnot.... as to his opting out that is true BUT none of that money was guaranteed so if he'd opted in the Niners would've just cut him. They weren't going to pay him 14 million a year. Opting out let him explore other opportunities earlier. As it turns out there weren't many. Hes mot going to win his collusion case but let's not pretend hes mot signed for any reason other than his protest. Theres no argument to be made claiming hes not one of the 96 best quarterbacks in the world

At the end of the day, Kaepernick chose to turn down a $7 million /year base salary contract offer by the Broncos because it was "a 40% pay cut" or whatever. Pay cut or not, that contract offer came during a time when he was struggling in his career, and was still an offer that would have made him one of the elite rich of society all on its own in just one year. Yet he chose to turn that offer down despite his future with the 49'ers being very uncertain at the time. I hardly find that situation comparable to someone making about $20 /hr taking a pay cut down to $12 /hr who won't be rich regardless, but would almost certainly be struggling much harder financially after taking the pay cut.

Furthermore, Kaepernick is estimated to be worth about $20 million from his NFL career. The man made more money in his 6-year NFL career than probably ~8 or so middle class people earn in their lifetimes combined. Yet this is the person talking about how unfair life was to him? Come on...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, Kaepernick chose to turn down a $7 million /year base salary contract offer by the Broncos because it was "a 40% pay cut" or whatever. Pay cut or not, that contract offer came during a time when he was struggling in his career, and was still an offer that would have made him one of the elite rich of society all on its own in just one year. Yet he chose to turn that offer down despite his future with the 49'ers being very uncertain at the time. I hardly find that situation comparable to someone making about $20 /hr taking a pay cut down to $12 /hr who won't be rich regardless, but would almost certainly be struggling much harder financially after taking the pay cut.

Furthermore, Kaepernick is estimated to be worth about $20 million from his NFL career. The man made more money in his 6-year NFL career than probably ~8 or so middle class people earn in their lifetimes combined. Yet this is the person talking about how unfair life was to him? Come on...
I think you misunderstand the article the Broncos weren't extending Kaepernick. They were wanting to trade for him and have him take 7 million in 16 instead of the 11 million guaranteed he had coming by staying in SF