• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carter???

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Carter and Richards finally showed a shred of chemistry last night. This could be huge - alas, one game does not a season make. Consistency was always the biggest red flag when Stevens was behind the bench. Let's hope Lava, in his first full season, can have the boys ready to punish every night.

Hear! Hear!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha too funny Tox after losing to the isles I'd kick my own chair out if I was a rags fan.

Back to Carter...maybe he read our posts and the light went on inside his head but its too early to tell he needs to continue playing his part on this team and giving 100% effort. Then I'll lay off of him. I'm such a prick fan....haha!

lol Me too and me too! :D

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys will tank pretty soon, dont worry. Then we can all kick chairs.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys will tank pretty soon, dont worry. Then we can all kick chairs.

hehe Yeah...whatever shit-stick.

We sit on top of the division while being despondent and out of joint. What do you think is going to happen when we start firing on all 8 bro??

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hehe Yeah...whatever shit-stick.

We sit on top of the division while being despondent and out of joint. What do you think is going to happen when we start firing on all 8 bro??

We'll just use all 12 of ours... bitch :cool:.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats right we got the bigger one.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats how I roll.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Carter and Richards finally showed a shred of chemistry last night. This could be huge - alas, one game does not a season make. Consistency was always the biggest red flag when Stevens was behind the bench. Let's hope Lava, in his first full season, can have the boys ready to punish every night.

Yep true dat and with a solid top 6/7 D corps methinks they'll be in most games this year and if the offense finds a way to score 2-3 goals they'll probably win most of them. Go Flyers!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob should be playing he probably stops at least one of those goals tonight but the key to the game Richie -2, Carts -2 and Carcillo -2...I've seen enough change up Carts and Richie already! Now Carts is playing better don't get me wrong but I've said it a million times zero chemistry!!!!

Good effort by the bolts though they gave'er after getting in at 3am.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob should be playing he probably stops at least one of those goals tonight but the key to the game Richie -2, Carts -2 and Carcillo -2...I've seen enough change up Carts and Richie already! Now Carts is playing better don't get me wrong but I've said it a million times zero chemistry!!!!

Good effort by the bolts though they gave'er after getting in at 3am.

I admit it too. Carter is playing much better, buuuut....you're right, that line blllooows. Well, at least with Carbomb or JvR it does.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richards hasn't looked good at all this season.. just throwin it out there.. he's tryin to get too cute with it.. so i will say, once AGAIN, he needs to be playing in more of a checking role.. thats when he gets back to basics, grinds the puck out and scores the chaotic goals where he runs someone over, steals the puck, plows another guy over before roofing over a goalie that he blew on to knock over.. he's a checking center with some serious offensive tools.. he's not a playmaker or sniper.. when carter and richards play together they try to do WAY too much and end up looking awful.. richards makes things happen when he's working hard, not when he's trying to be fancy.. carter scores when he has the puck on his stick, not from being fed the puck

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i have always been a fan of throwing richards on the 3rd line and letting him get his time killing penalties and on the power play. i would also like to know where people stand with carcillo at this point, i really dont like the shelley signing right now too. It pretty much forces us to play carcillo in the top 3 lines and I feel like we are 1 player short of being able to run 3 sick lines and a good checking line. was guerin that bad in preseason to not make the team over carcillo? i dunno its tough to watch with my current cable situation and even then i learn more about the team being able to focus in on my couch not watching at a bar.

carter giroux zherdev
hartnell briere leino
jvr richards carcillo
powe betts shelley

just my opinion on this, if jvr played with richards and carcillo it might help expedite the physical play that he needs to get better at. and the top 2 lines will take care of themselves.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell has to play with Carter. Carter is good for 350 shots, so that's at least 300 rebounds for Hartnell. We all know Hartnell isn't going to score anyway besides a rebound, and putting him with a guy who doesn't miss often in Briere and a pass-only floater like Leino is a waste.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hartnell has to play with Carter. Carter is good for 350 shots, so that's at least 300 rebounds for Hartnell. We all know Hartnell isn't going to score anyway besides a rebound, and putting him with a guy who doesn't miss often in Briere and a pass-only floater like Leino is a waste.

i agree about hartnell having to play with carts.

id so something like this

vanRiemsdyk Giroux Zherdev
Hartnell Richards Carter
Carcillo Briere Leino
Powe Betts Shelly

carcillo with briere is such a waste though...
i really wish carcillo could just play on the fourth line where he's best..i really wish we had 1 more guy to put in that top 9...

wishful thinking...imagine if we never got meszaros and could have afforded gagne...

gagne briere leino
hartnell richards carter
JVR giroux zherdev

...oh my! those lines would be scary

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carter giroux zherdev
hartnell briere leino
jvr richards powe
carcillo betts shelley

You have to split up Carts and Richie to they're like oil and water but no matter what you do the puzzle is missing a piece although I'd give these lines a shot because Carcillo was a superior 4th liner and Powe is a decent 3rd liner he can score and is fast enough to keep up.

One thing I've learned is you don't break up a line that produces so sorry DB's line stays intact until they really go stale.

I think Lavy and Homer have so much respect for Richie that they don't want him being on 3rd line so they're forcing Carts because on paper its a bonafide 1st line. Papers worth shit though! Richie can best contribute to this team by taking advantage of 3rd line mismatches, banging home game winners, killing penalties and running the PP...he doesn't need to lead the league in scoring.

And if Carts can't play wing with Giroux and Z then he should be traded for a natural winger...simple as that done deal. I hope he can as I like the guy and wish him the best!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well another game and no production from the top line how many games does Lavy go before adjusting the lines. On top of it Carts takes a stupid 4 min penalty....hard to keep this guy in my good books....

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched him close all night to see what he was doing with and away from the puck. I saw a guy trying real hard, but looking entirely out of sync with what everyone else was doing.

I mean, he was on the balls of his skates for the 1st period, but after that.....he looked, well....lost.

Lavy either has to drop Richards off that line to accommodate him or drop Cart's off the line to accommodate the team.

IMO, those 2 guys need a little time out from each other. Mix it up for a few games.

Shit....at this point of the season, why not??

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We're not scoring a lot of goals right now," Laviolette said. "We have to do a better job in the battles for the puck. I'm not happy with where we are offensively as a group. We have to generate more."

After this comment I'd expect a change in lines as they simply aren't getting enough 5 on 5 and with the talent they have its ridiculous. Any team will win a lot of games if 3-4 lines are rolling.