• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carter???

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*I'm posting this here so I can get some intelligent responses:

Does this guy really want to play in Philly? Seriously the guy dogs it all game, turns the puck over in his own zone and as his grand finale shoots the puck right into MAF's pads when he has the whole top half of the net open. Once, twice, heck even three times you can give him a pass but face it when the pressures on this guy can't finish...sick for a 40 goal guy.

I should be happy but this guy is going to bring this team down because it relies on his position to finish and simply can't finish in important games when he can either win them the game or put the other team out of its misery.

To make matters worse I've said it from day one he brings Richie's game down. Put the two together and Richie's invisible. Change the F'in lines already Lavy!!!

K rant over at least they beat the pens but it didn't have to be a nail biter...

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
carter, who is my least favorite flyer, was gonna get another chance from me this season. i figured, hey, the guy came back into the playoffs with 2 broken feet, maybe i'll cut this guy some slack, but tonite only helps my case...he is NOT clutch, can NOT score big goals, and can NOT play with any heart

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more 3F's.

SuperFlyer and myself were all over Carts case in the 10k thread at the end of this game too. We were saying how nice it would be if he actually sold himself out for just one goddamn play.....just once!

Just in the final 2:30, he didn't bother to skate the puck out of their own zone to clear or, like you pointed out, bury that wide open fucking net for the clincher.

I have to believe I'm being too harsh on the guy because after all, it is ONLY the 1st game of the season, but his game overall tonight sucked dick imo.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more 3F's.

SuperFlyer and myself were all over Carts case in the 10k thread at the end of this game too. We were saying how nice it would be if he actually sold himself out for just one goddamn play.....just once!

Just in the final 2:30, he didn't bother to skate the puck out of their own zone to clear or, like you pointed out, bury that wide open fucking net for the clincher.

I have to believe I'm being too harsh on the guy because after all, it is ONLY the 1st game of the season, but his game overall tonight sucked dick imo.

I as well felt bad in last seasons playoffs after all the guy broke both feet but this storyline is getting really old...seriously I'm not a 40 goal scorer but I could have lifted at least one of those shots into the top half of an empty net. Its ridiculous to think that a 40 goal man can't unless of course the games not on the line he'll pump in 3 of those in a fucking period. IMO I'd be shopping him around for any good winger...i'd love Ryan or Dustin Penner pure wingers who will score when you need them to.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the bad turnover that led to the even worse hooking call on Malkin, Malkin was in prime position to score, but it was Carter back, lifting Malkin's stick before the ref even blew the whistle. He wasn't spectacular, but who on that line was?

Stat of the night: Carter did not lose a single faceoff all game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought carter looked pretty decent tonight.. but him and richards shouldn't play on the same line.. they dont play well together ever.. why haven't they learned this..

not that i wanna break up either of the other 2 lines.. the jvr.roo.z line looks great.. jvr looked strong today, just needs to find the net.. roo and z looked pretty

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the bad turnover that led to the even worse hooking call on Malkin, Malkin was in prime position to score, but it was Carter back, lifting Malkin's stick before the ref even blew the whistle. He wasn't spectacular, but who on that line was?

Stat of the night: Carter did not lose a single faceoff all game.

Guess who turned the puck over....you got it Carter! He turned it over in his own zone numerous times cuz he's scared to take a hit to get it out. I can pass on that but the point is he can't finish when its needed and he sucks balls with Richie. That's enough for me...whoopty do he won 4 draws lets make him the fucking king...sorry but this guys cost us so many games I'm done with him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought carter looked pretty decent tonight.. but him and richards shouldn't play on the same line.. they dont play well together ever.. why haven't they learned this..

not that i wanna break up either of the other 2 lines.. the jvr.roo.z line looks great.. jvr looked strong today, just needs to find the net.. roo and z looked pretty

Are you kidding watch the game again the guy was floating out there barely moving his feet turning the puck over missing open nets...I wouldn't pay 5 million for that. Mark my words he's going to cost us again in the playoffs that's what kills me.

You are right on the other lines but Carter with Giroux wouldn't be half as bad at least Richie could produce.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*I'm posting this here so I can get some intelligent responses:

Does this guy really want to play in Philly? Seriously the guy dogs it all game, turns the puck over in his own zone and as his grand finale shoots the puck right into MAF's pads when he has the whole top half of the net open. Once, twice, heck even three times you can give him a pass but face it when the pressures on this guy can't finish...sick for a 40 goal guy.

I should be happy but this guy is going to bring this team down because it relies on his position to finish and simply can't finish in important games when he can either win them the game or put the other team out of its misery.

To make matters worse I've said it from day one he brings Richie's game down. Put the two together and Richie's invisible. Change the F'in lines already Lavy!!!

K rant over at least they beat the pens but it didn't have to be a nail biter...

I had an immediate flashback to the Game 6 OT, and all the hatred for him that dissipated in the offseason came rushing back.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding watch the game again the guy was floating out there barely moving his feet turning the puck over missing open nets...I wouldn't pay 5 million for that. Mark my words he's going to cost us again in the playoffs that's what kills me.

You are right on the other lines but Carter with Giroux wouldn't be half as bad at least Richie could produce.

i was drinking, so maybe i didnt notice the details of carter sucking.. the missed open net was bad.. but as sad as it is, i expect it from him.. he did the same thing to fleury 2 playoffs ago and it was 'the save of the week' for like 6 months.. when he has an open net he shoots dead center, on the ice.. i dont know why he thinks thats the best way to do it..

i did see him have quite a few back checks that we pretty solid tho.. defensively i didnt think he was bad

i'll be honest, unless he changes the way he plays, he'll be the man out next off-season.. cause the cap space looks dreadful next season

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an immediate flashback to the Game 6 OT, and all the hatred for him that dissipated in the offseason came rushing back.

If he would have waited a split second longer to let Niemi fall...

...he woulda probably shot wide.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So two games in and he's still sucking balls....dragging Richie with him. For some reason management will keep Richie with Carts for probably another two months before trying to change the lines. Left Leino out last year until they had no choice but to play him because of injuries...I just don't get it.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So two games in and he's still sucking balls....dragging Richie with him. For some reason management will keep Richie with Carts for probably another two months before trying to change the lines. Left Leino out last year until they had no choice but to play him because of injuries...I just don't get it.

LOL!! Before the Blues game, Lavy was quoted as saying he wants to leave them together for around 5 games to see if they gel. :L

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why every is dogging Carter for his performance in Pittsburgh. He didn't play well, sure. But Richards was the worst player on the ice, bar none.

Carter needs to be playing Center - between Zherdev and JVR.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
carter needs to be parking cars in the wells fargo center parking lot until we find a trading parter for him. i dont think ive ever had so much disgust with a player on my beloved flyers ever. seriously..trade him for a 20-25 goal winger to play with richie and maybe get a 2nd round draft pick or something too. we save cap space for next year and actually have a scoring winger to play with richie, cause carts has no place on this team right now.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why every is dogging Carter for his performance in Pittsburgh. He didn't play well, sure. But Richards was the worst player on the ice, bar none.

Carter needs to be playing Center - between Zherdev and JVR.

Fair enough.

Then what....put Roo on a line with Carcillo and Richards???

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carter needs to be parking cars in the wells fargo center parking lot until we find a trading parter for him. i dont think ive ever had so much disgust with a player on my beloved flyers ever. seriously..trade him for a 20-25 goal winger to play with richie and maybe get a 2nd round draft pick or something too. we save cap space for next year and actually have a scoring winger to play with richie, cause carts has no place on this team right now.

You've been repped sir!! :D

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's absurd. How many players have scored more goals than Carter over the past two seasons? 5?

The guy should not be a winger, plain and simple. He scored 46-goals as a Center.

That whole line has been awful. Should we be trading Richards, too?

Briere obviously produces at a much higher rate in the middle. Carter, likewise. I think you see a lower drop off by moving either Giroux or Richards to the wing.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
richards and giroux have proven that they can play wing. i like giroux too much at the middle tho. id say put richie on the right wing and carts in the center..if theres one thing carts can do consistently its win faceoffs

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is we have 4 guys who produce at a significantly higher rate as a center than as a winger, and only 3 spots. You guys trash Carter now, but you were trashing Briere last year too. Guess where he was playing. That's right, not center. It's a problem for sure, but I'd rather have too many centers than not enough.

Concerning trading Carter. I am against it as is, but even so, trade him now, you get a 3rd liner, 2nd line prospect, and pick. Trade him in the offseason, and you get something close to his RFA compensation, which would be two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd. You don't trade him now for half price just because he didn't play well on 2 broken feet in the playoffs and didn't look good for 2 games.