• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carter???

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, after I read this thread, Carter scored a great goal tonight all by himself. He caused a turnover at the blue line, took the puck, and finished on the breakaway. If he were doing that sort of thing more often, I think we'd all be okay with him, right?

I mean, the chief complaints are that he isn't too physical, turns the puck over himself too much, and can't finish consistently, right?

Edit: Oh, and that he drags Richards down for some reason.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, after I read this thread, Carter scored a great goal tonight all by himself. He caused a turnover at the blue line, took the puck, and finished on the breakaway. If he were doing that sort of thing more often, I think we'd all be okay with him, right?

I mean, the chief complaints are that he isn't too physical, turns the puck over himself too much, and can't finish consistently, right?

Edit: Oh, and that he drags Richards down for some reason.

*nods

2 goals from carter tonight.. cant be upset about that.. 2 assists from richie as well.. line looked pretty good from what i could tell (i was doing a lab report, and in a design meeting during the game so i didnt catch a whole lot)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
were the lines the same tonight? i saw carter and richards with jvr on the game winner

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we should really trade carter........

kevgar44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are a number of teams around the league that would like a young player who has already scored over 40 goals in a season. There aren't that many around. This is a guy who played in the playoffs with two broken feet. Try to be a little more balanced in your assessments. Big win. Great goal by Giroux as well. Carter had a strong game and give him props. Great set up to Briere, but big save by Anderson (oooow, why didn't he shoot it higher in the air as Anderson got his pad on it). Sometimes goalies react and make good saves. It is not because the shooter blew it!
Big win. Keep it rolling!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give him props for tonights game but my posts specifically spoke of the chemistry problems with Richie and lack a of finishing in big games. We all know he has talent and that in itself makes it even more frustrating.

Getting back to him and Richie their line still didn't do much until the end with Carts getting a flukey goal otherwise everything was short handed...maybe a hand full of shifts where the puck wasn't pressed in their zone. Switch either JVR, G or Z with Carts and you'd have 2 decent lines hopefully filling the net. Still don't understand why they don't try it?

I just want to see the guy put his head down and fire one into the top of the net when it counts and I'll gladly shut up.... : ) Oh by the way if anyone thinks MAF or Niemi made HUGE saves on Carter in those instances I don't know what to say....big difference when a guy shoots the puck right into someones pads. The guy is talented enough to hit a fly out of the air but couldn't hit a wide open barn when the pressures on for some reason..doesn't make sense just happy he at least tried out there tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i never said he sucked. i was trying to say he could be the player we saw last night on a regular basis, and in clutch situations. he has not shed the moniker of being a streak oriented player. and he has had just as many scoreless stretches as he has lit the lamp. in the end he is worth every dime we are paying him, but he could be so much more.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh i have missed reading the posts of the never wrong anderwho since all of you post here now. its pretty much a wasteland over on the espn boards, very unproductive. bottom line, let's all calm down and give them the supposed 5 games before we rush to judge this carter-richards combo.

haha Too true on all accounts.

Hopefully you'll decide to stick and stay here as the season rolls on. :cool:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im very happy that carter proved me wrong tonite

Obviously, one game, or 3 for that matter, doesn't make a season, but it was good to see him firing on all cylinders last night.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we should really trade carter........

I love this thread.....the first half was tearing Carter down (myself included) while the 2nd half was building him up. lol

THIS is why we come here boys! :D

Differences of opinion, even amongst our own, is a good thing.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree to disagree?

Flyers rule.....I wish I was cool enough to be a fan. Man.....I suck. :(

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bastard... Guess thats what I get for bashing the mods team on their board. ;)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my avatar bitch.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bastard... Guess thats what I get for bashing the mods team on their board. ;)

:p

Hey -- I let the Einstein post go without tampering with it! :)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my avatar bitch.

haha I love it, but this will be more like it as the season wears on for Ranger's fans -

a1376_thumb.jpg

;)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha too funny Tox after losing to the isles I'd kick my own chair out if I was a rags fan.

Back to Carter...maybe he read our posts and the light went on inside his head but its too early to tell he needs to continue playing his part on this team and giving 100% effort. Then I'll lay off of him. I'm such a prick fan....haha!

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Carter and Richards finally showed a shred of chemistry last night. This could be huge - alas, one game does not a season make. Consistency was always the biggest red flag when Stevens was behind the bench. Let's hope Lava, in his first full season, can have the boys ready to punish every night.