• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carter???

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it's hard to like carter because he just doesn't seem to play with much passion. it is likely just his personality. but he seems to take what his tall frame and ability gives him without pushing himself to be more. that's just an overall impression i have seen, and is entirely my opinion.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why every is dogging Carter for his performance in Pittsburgh. He didn't play well, sure. But Richards was the worst player on the ice, bar none.

Carter needs to be playing Center - between Zherdev and JVR.

You must not know anything about this team if you think Jeff Carter should be playing center on this team let alone any team in the NHL. He shoots entirely too much for a center. He doesnt utilize his teammates on his lines. Example: Briere and Hartnell. Now look what they do when they get to touch the puck more. Carter is stuck on the Richards line. I think it can work if they get better play from Carcillo or another player. Testwuide could be a huge call up.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not know anything about this team if you think Jeff Carter should be playing center on this team let alone any team in the NHL. He shoots entirely too much for a center. He doesnt utilize his teammates on his lines.

What the fuck are you talking about? Shoots too much for a center? Is every center in this league Joe Thornton where they just pass and pass and pass? It's not like 2 centers shared the Richard last year, combining for 595 shots. And it was only 2 years ago that Carter turned Hartnell into a 30 goal scorer. That's a load of bullshit that you're selling, and it stinks.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the majority of his shots are coming from the wing position on the ice, then why shouldnt he be playing wing?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they should tell him he's playing center, and let him play his normal style.. he's better suited for a winger, but for some unknown reason, he's significantly better when he's in the middle

giroux is a RW by trade, he should be playing RW.. i know hes better as a C too.. but its picking between giroux, richards, and carter and the only way all 3 of them are more than useless, is if giroux plays the wing.. richards and carter are both dreadful on the wing, and they are dreadful playing together.. separate them, please.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leino.briere.hartnell
jvr.carter.zherdev
carcillo.richards.giroux

might as well give it a whirl.. jvr and zherdev both looked pretty good with carter in the preseason.. richards and giroux have played well together in the past, same with richards and carcillo.. but carcillo is seeming more and more useless to me right now

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What the fuck are you talking about? Shoots too much for a center? Is every center in this league Joe Thornton where they just pass and pass and pass? It's not like 2 centers shared the Richard last year, combining for 595 shots. And it was only 2 years ago that Carter turned Hartnell into a 30 goal scorer. That's a load of bullshit that you're selling, and it stinks.

ahhh i have missed reading the posts of the never wrong anderwho since all of you post here now. its pretty much a wasteland over on the espn boards, very unproductive. bottom line, let's all calm down and give them the supposed 5 games before we rush to judge this carter-richards combo.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh i have missed reading the posts of the never wrong anderwho since all of you post here now. its pretty much a wasteland over on the espn boards, very unproductive. bottom line, let's all calm down and give them the supposed 5 games before we rush to judge this carter-richards combo.

hey dspice.. whats up dude?

thing with that is, we did try them together in the playoffs last year, didnt work then, hasn't worked now.. i'm all for giving them a few more games, tonight is game #3 and we've gotten 3/4 points.. obviously things are a huge problem.. i just dont see them working out

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it's hard to like carter because he just doesn't seem to play with much passion. it is likely just his personality. but he seems to take what his tall frame and ability gives him without pushing himself to be more. that's just an overall impression i have seen, and is entirely my opinion.

i think what you said pretty much sums up a lot of why i have such hate for carter. he has the body to dominate and has such a sick shot that he could be such a deadly goal scorer..but he just doesnt seem to have the hunger or prowess that a ovechkin or kovalchuk have when it comes to scoring goals. carter refuses to get down and dirty or throw his body around if it means getting a loose puck or taking a hit to advance the puck out of our own zone, thus all his turnovers. you look at other 40 goal caliber players, and they all play hard and with that hunger, carter just seems to go out and more or less "use" his ability..he'll play the game and use the talent he has, and it will translate into 30-40 goals by the end of the season, but if he really played with the passion and hunger that defines being a flyer and being our supposed "top scorer" he could push himself into the same company as other feared goal scorers..til then hes going to be a guy who goes, plays, and whatever happens happens.

there is no excuse for missing some of the clutch goals he has failed to bury in his career. if you are a 40 goal scorer, a franchise player, and a guy who only has a handful of players scoring more goals that you in the last 2 years, you need to bury those clutch, killer goals. game 6 OT, opening game 3rd period, ect..

it has nothing to do with him on the wing, him playing poorly with richards, or anything of the sort. its simply who he is and thats why i dont like him.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hey dspice.. whats up dude?

thing with that is, we did try them together in the playoffs last year, didnt work then, hasn't worked now.. i'm all for giving them a few more games, tonight is game #3 and we've gotten 3/4 points.. obviously things are a huge problem.. i just dont see them working out

yo man, not much, i have been holding out that some good convo would come back to the espn boards. not that i dont like these boards, more so i like the interface over there better. but yea im with you, believe me i have seen my fair share of carter to make a fair assessment. but i am happy that lavi is trying this move and i have asked for it for 2 years so i wanted to give it a fair chance. its sorta like our flyers kolb/vick dilemma ha.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Giroux and Zherdev are just too good together to split. They complement each other so well

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is we have 4 guys who produce at a significantly higher rate as a center than as a winger, and only 3 spots. You guys trash Carter now, but you were trashing Briere last year too. Guess where he was playing. That's right, not center. It's a problem for sure, but I'd rather have too many centers than not enough.

Concerning trading Carter. I am against it as is, but even so, trade him now, you get a 3rd liner, 2nd line prospect, and pick. Trade him in the offseason, and you get something close to his RFA compensation, which would be two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd. You don't trade him now for half price just because he didn't play well on 2 broken feet in the playoffs and didn't look good for 2 games.

I hear ya but the guys too talented to suck balls like this and its not just 2 games he's failed to come through when it counts in the big games. I'm just saying give him a new start and get a solid winger in return. Imagine a proven winger like Penner or Ryan on Richie's wing?

If anything at least switch the lines up and see if that shakes it up forcing Carts and Richie to play together isn't working..its NEVER worked.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we see a different 1 and 3 line tonight.

Maybe Swap Carter and Z

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are Penner or Ryan more proven than Carter? People are questioning his heart, but Carter has always been a quiet, not overly-emotional type player.

This was a guy that, until last year, had the Flyers longest iron-man streak; and it wasn't because he was miraculously healthy for that period of time. He played through plenty of injuries. Even though he was entirely ineffective during the playoffs, at least we knew he was battling through TWO broken feet. I'm sure it's hard enough to walk, let alone skate, on that type of injury.

Carter might shoot a lot, and he might miss the net a lot. However, he misses at around the same rate as other star players - who shoot the puck frequently.

I'm not entirely a Carter advocate. I just think he gets an unfair rap. The dude had the highest PPG on the entire team last year, and he had an outside shot at 40-goals before he got injured. Let's stop acting like he's the plague.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How are Penner or Ryan more proven than Carter? People are questioning his heart, but Carter has always been a quiet, not overly-emotional type player.

This was a guy that, until last year, had the Flyers longest iron-man streak; and it wasn't because he was miraculously healthy for that period of time. He played through plenty of injuries. Even though he was entirely ineffective during the playoffs, at least we knew he was battling through TWO broken feet. I'm sure it's hard enough to walk, let alone skate, on that type of injury.

Carter might shoot a lot, and he might miss the net a lot. However, he misses at around the same rate as other star players - who shoot the puck frequently.

I'm not entirely a Carter advocate. I just think he gets an unfair rap. The dude had the highest PPG on the entire team last year, and he had an outside shot at 40-goals before he got injured. Let's stop acting like he's the plague.

i always try and consider things like this..sometimes i think to myself..maybe i need to cut the guy some slack, while his play on the ice can look heartless sometimes..he still played on two broken feet, which is admirable..but idk..i mean i guess i just cant get over his failed playoff performances and other things..i really told myself this offseason that i would cut the guy some slack and support him and give him a chance..but after watching him miss that goal in opening night during the third period..it just brought back a sour taste in my mouth

believe me, i really want the guy to prove me wrong, and i want him to succeed..he's a flyer after all and he deserves my support, but until he proves me wrong..

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i always try and consider things like this..sometimes i think to myself..maybe i need to cut the guy some slack, while his play on the ice can look heartless sometimes..he still played on two broken feet, which is admirable..but idk..i mean i guess i just cant get over his failed playoff performances and other things..i really told myself this offseason that i would cut the guy some slack and support him and give him a chance..but after watching him miss that goal in opening night during the third period..it just brought back a sour taste in my mouth

believe me, i really want the guy to prove me wrong, and i want him to succeed..he's a flyer after all and he deserves my support, but until he proves me wrong..

I completely agree with that. He needs to have a big year. I thought he looked fantastic during the preseason, but it hasn't translated through the first two-games.

Richards and Carter really need to be broken up. Their bromance off the ice doesn't seem to effect their on-ice chemistry; so end the experiment.

I love Mike Richards, and he plays with fire and passion. However, he's been the worst Flyer in this young season. I think fans tend to cut him some slack because he's Mike Richards. But he's made some VERY questionable decisions thus far. I think both Richie and Carts would be better served after a line divorce.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leino.briere.hartnell
jvr.carter.zherdev
carcillo.richards.giroux

might as well give it a whirl.. jvr and zherdev both looked pretty good with carter in the preseason.. richards and giroux have played well together in the past, same with richards and carcillo.. but carcillo is seeming more and more useless to me right now

If you ask me, there are a 3 pairs that you cannot break up because of the chemistry between them. Briere-Leino, Giroux-JvR (or Zherdev), and Hartnell-Carter. Gasp! :eek: Explain yourself, ander! Ok, I will. Everyone has been bitching about these two guys, but look at it this way. Hartnell is a black hole of offensive talent. Unless he's just jamming away rebounds in front of the net, he's not going to give you anything. Carter just shoots and shoots and shoots. Put 2 and 2 together, and you got 300+ rebounds for Hartnell over the course of the season just from Carter's shots alone. It worked 2 years ago. Put a horribly inconsistent righthanded shooting 25 goal guy on the other wing (Zherdev) and you got yourself the old Hartnell-Carter-Lupul line. Throw Carcillo with Giroux and JvR (he's better than Asham) and put Richards with the defensive nightmares of Briere and Leino. See what that does for a game or two.

I know, plan the parade.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't saying that Penner or Ryan are more proven but they are wingers and won't whine if you play them there. I just picked some young guys out of the hat as an example of what Philly could trade for and possibly get in return.

Overall Carter is probably the better player but just not the right fit for this team....although before making that move I'd switch the lines around one final time and see what happens. No use doing something rash but face it he's missed some pretty serious scoring chances that have cost this team hugely as others have said.

I know some people have taken shots at Richie but at least he's out there killing penalties and grinding it up when Carter doesn't play he's...well invisible may as well not even be on the ice.

We'll see what happens tonight I hope Carts can find some spunk and keep it up all year..I'll be the first to cheer him on!!!!!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying that Penner or Ryan are more proven but they are wingers and won't whine if you play them there. I just picked some young guys out of the hat as an example of what Philly could trade for and possibly get in return.

Penner isn't young, either. He's 28.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penner isn't young, either. He's 28.

Oh man 28 is old now....then I'm done for. ; ) But seriously he's in his prime and could put up big numbers for the average 3 year contract I'd take him in a heartbeat hopefully getting a pick in return too.