• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i'm reading the tea leaves in Kevin Warren's and Ryan Poles' comments for keeping Eberflus, it sounds as though they care more about character. Period. That somehow, character in and of itself will win the day and triumph over talent alone.

There were hints that "character" is one of the reasons why they traded Roquon Smith to Baltimore. He was publically critical of decisions the Bears were making.

Character concerns were why the Bears did not draft Jalen Carter.

So Caleb Williams paints his nails, or cries in his mom's arms in the stands, or even publicly says there are certain NFL teams he does not want to play for.

Question is, do Warren and Poles see these as "character" concerns?? If they do, CW wont be here.

:2cents:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Caleb Williams paints his nails, or cries in his mom's arms in the stands, or even publicly says there are certain NFL teams he does not want to play for.

Question is, do Warren and Poles see these as "character" concerns?? If they do, CW wont be here.

In CW I dont see the first two as character issues,one just daring to be different(nothing wrong with that,a lot of kids do that)the other is going overboard,but still you see college kids (Tua's bro) doing it all the time,even NFL players(Zay,Cam).........

The one I didnt like is him saying he does not wanna play here......I have not heard anything lately from the CW camp about not coming to Chicago to play....He has got to realize by now theres a very good chance he is coming our way.......
Maybe when we interview him it may come out then......

As far as Roquan,if true,you never publicize your dissatisfaction on your team,whether its players,front office or coaches,you always stick by your them........

Jalen Carter,Im happy as hell he is not a Bear.........

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the grade out. It might make sense to trade back from 9 and pick up more picks in rds later. I do like, so far, how Poles drafts.
It sure seems like we need to get into the second round to get to the "acceptable" place to get the best center in the draft. He has to see the dysfunction at the position.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In CW I dont see the first two as character issues,one just daring to be different(nothing wrong with that,a lot of kids do that)the other is going overboard,but still you see college kids (Tua's bro) doing it all the time,even NFL players(Zay,Cam).........

The one I didnt like is him saying he does not wanna play here......I have not heard anything lately from the CW camp about not coming to Chicago to play....He has got to realize by now theres a very good chance he is coming our way.......
Maybe when we interview him it may come out then......

As far as Roquan,if true,you never publicize your dissatisfaction on your team,whether its players,front office or coaches,you always stick by your them........

Jalen Carter,Im happy as hell he is not a Bear.........
I would have rather heard something about the bears not needing a franchise quarterback, or some high road response. Apparently, we are supposed to throw out everything written because it did not come from him? H1M, that is something I am tired of seeing people call Fields. If he wants to only pay for 5 teams, that means he will get there in free agency, so top pick money, fifth year option should be 30 million by then, tagging him might cost 60 million the first year the rate pay is going for QB's, double tag is a 50% raise.

I want to hear, we are convinced he did not want to play here, and see nothing but holdouts and distractions, so we passed, then sign a real veteran to compete with Fields.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure seems like we need to get into the second round to get to the "acceptable" place to get the best center in the draft. He has to see the dysfunction at the position.
The chances are at least one of the top centers in the draft will get picked somewhere in the 2nd round. If I had to throw a guess out there as to which one it will be, I'd tap Oregon' Jackson Powers-Johnson as that recipient. He seems to be getting the most offseason press out of the top 3 or 4 names. The others should be available in the 3rd round, altho you never know. I'm not sure how many other teams are placing a strong need for this position, which could obviously alter the sitch.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three more college players who either played with Williams or against him claim he's the real deal:

Three solid sources here. Former teammates WR Brendan Rice - think you may have heard of his dad - and RB Marshawn LLoyd spoke quite highly of Williams. Perhaps an even better endorsement comes from UCLA's outstanding DE/Edge Laiata Latu, being he played against him for two seasons, so he can't be accused of any pro-teammate bias. Of course it's coincidence, but there are a number of draft boards out there that have the Bears taking Williams and Latu with their two 1st round picks. Interesting to say the least.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have rather heard something about the bears not needing a franchise quarterback, or some high road response. Apparently, we are supposed to throw out everything written because it did not come from him? H1M, that is something I am tired of seeing people call Fields. If he wants to only pay for 5 teams, that means he will get there in free agency, so top pick money, fifth year option should be 30 million by then, tagging him might cost 60 million the first year the rate pay is going for QB's, double tag is a 50% raise.

I want to hear, we are convinced he did not want to play here, and see nothing but holdouts and distractions, so we passed, then sign a real veteran to compete with Fields.

Who knows what he thinks......Im all waiting to see whats said after team interviews him........
And no to signing a vet.........they suck......I dont want no part of that.
Bagent got some playing time under his belt,I expect that to help him along next season.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three more college players who either played with Williams or against him claim he's the real deal:

Three solid sources here. Former teammates WR Brendan Rice - think you may have heard of his dad - and RB Marshawn LLoyd spoke quite highly of Williams. Perhaps an even better endorsement comes from UCLA's outstanding DE/Edge Laiata Latu, being he played against him for two seasons, so he can't be accused of any pro-teammate bias. Of course it's coincidence, but there are a number of draft boards out there that have the Bears taking Williams and Latu with their two 1st round picks. Interesting to say the least.

Im gonna take their word for it(not going to sign up to read).........

But it is refreshingto hear something positive instead of negativity......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna take their word for it(not going to sign up to read).........

But it is refreshingto hear something positive instead of negativity......
Oops, forgot that you do have to sign up with the Sun-Times in order to read their articles. The only reason I did is it's free. I have never, nor will ever pay for any sports subscription, such as the Tribune. Fuck that. I'll likely link other articles of theirs in the future, but I'll try to remember highlighting key highlights within the articles.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I didnt like is him saying he does not wanna play here......I have not heard anything lately from the CW camp about not coming to Chicago to play
Not directly from CW, but analysts who tweet that the Bears either keep JF or trade the #1 pick, its reported that CW "likes" those tweets on social media.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not directly from CW, but analysts who tweet that the Bears either keep JF or trade the #1 pick, its reported that CW "likes" those tweets on social media.
I've read that too, and if that isn't strong enough:

Granted, much of this is speculation and let's always remember that $$$ ultimately rules. And the top rookie contract goes to the #1 pick, especially when that pick is a QB. So my guess is Williams will gladly play for the team who drafts him. Still, it would be nice to see him actually say he'd like to play for the Bears knowing we have the pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, forgot that you do have to sign up with the Sun-Times in order to read their articles. The only reason I did is it's free. I have never, nor will ever pay for any sports subscription, such as the Tribune. Fuck that. I'll likely link other articles of theirs in the future, but I'll try to remember highlighting key highlights within the articles.

Its alright man.......no biggies.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowherd still reporting that he got a call from CWs camp(altho albiet he doesnt have a big camp,just a couple of guys led by his Dad),that they wannted yo make it clear,"they are not anti Chicago"

He reiterates the Bears have a nice path to the playoffs like the Texans.....an up and coming def,nice wr,salary cap plus draft capital.....

I gotta admit if somehow we could swing one of these guys at 9(MHJ-Odunze-Nabers or Bowers,I think Cowherd is right......
I even tend to think that Poles interviews CW,and they tell him they will do their best to get one of these guys,there maybe the chance he comes to Chicsgo.......

Just my opinion......

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this, but man I want a guy who wants to be here. Not a guy who is stuck here, not a guy who signs a contract and then holds out. We have had the kid gloves on for Fields, not just transfer them to this guy. Have all 9 GM's who passed on Mahomes fired now?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have all 9 GM's who passed on Mahomes fired now?

LeSean McCoy said when he was in Buffalo and the coach or gm (forgot which one)passed on Mahomes got fired because of it......

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have all 9 GM's who passed on Mahomes fired now?
The Mahomes thing is a separate animal. Mpst all teams did no have him ranked #1 above Trubisky & Watson.

Only 2 teams had Mahomes #1. KC is obvious. The other was Sean Peyton and the Saints. And guess who KC moved up ahead of to nab Mahomes at 10? N'Orleans at 11.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at the point that i dont care what the Bears do. Seems like any move is the wrong move so often. I wont be dissapointed with any decision.
At least not until we see results or a lack thereof by the end of the 2024 season.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mahomes thing is a separate animal. Mpst all teams did no have him ranked #1 above Trubisky & Watson.

Only 2 teams had Mahomes #1. KC is obvious. The other was Sean Peyton and the Saints. And guess who KC moved up ahead of to nab Mahomes at 10? N'Orleans at 11.
yeah, Hindsight being 20/20 and all, just wondering. I think Mahomes got put in the perfect situation with Andy Reid, I doubted he would do what he did in a system that tried to contain him. There was a clear vision for Trubisky, as soon as he hurt his shoulder running the ball, he was stuck in the pocket. You cannot quarterback in a sling, so whether it was him deciding to stop being aggressive and running or the bears forcing him to stop running. He did not start running again until a few games left in his bear career. I saw it this year with Fields, all the sliding then looking for flags. Was that him or the staff demanding it?

Now take that to Williams for a guy that is pissed off that he is here and how does that play out?

Different GM's different coaches, ultimately the same result.