• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a dig at JF but maybe a red flag for CW.
If a college kid can be successful with a 3+ second window to throw, they better understand that window is MUCH shorter on the pros.

According to X (formerly Twitter) the Bears are taking calls for the #1 pick from WSH, PHI, NE, NYG and MIN.

Some qbs can move around the pocket to create their own time to throw.....CW has tape on that,Fields can do that,Lamar Jackson.....mobile qbs have that skill.......

Andd as far as the latter,the Eagles and Minnesots,thats too far down for my liking.......especially Phi at 22nd??

Better be giving up 3 straight years of their no.1 and no.2s to drop that far.....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did we find out the part ownership thing was fake? I have heard a lot of negative stuff about him that later turned out to be BS.

I know he cried with his mom after the Washington game. I don’t think that’s necessarily an insurmountable fault, but it certainly may be a red flag. I don’t read much into it since it was the biggest game of his life. It tells me he cares a lot.

I know he paints his fingernails, but he does that for his mom for some reason, so it’s not terribly weird.

He seems like a mommas boy. I hope he knows how to be a man.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did we find out the part ownership thing was fake? I have heard a lot of negative stuff about him that later turned out to be BS.

I know he cried with his mom after the Washington game. I don’t think that’s necessarily an insurmountable fault, but it certainly may be a red flag. I don’t read much into it since it was the biggest game of his life. It tells me he cares a lot.

I know he paints his fingernails, but he does that for his mom for some reason, so it’s not terribly weird.

Not sure if I should laugh or not.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I Just read that his Mom is a nail technician,and has pretty much used him to hone her skillas a kid and it just carried thru......
Hell back in late 80s thru late 90s,I wore earrings in bothears,some people thought was wierd such as my Dad,but people my age were ok with it.......Its just times change,so Im with you,no big whoop.......

As for the crying part,hell NFL players have been know to do that,just not in a parents lap..........
Even Tuas brother cried after a loss.....
Ive seen college bball players do it all the time in the March Madness tourney.

Im looking to far into it.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I Just read that his Mom is a nail technician,and has pretty much used him to hone her skillas a kid and it just carried thru......
Hell back in late 80s thru late 90s,I wore earrings in bothears,some people thought was wierd such as my Dad,but people my age were ok with it.......Its just times change,so Im with you,no big whoop.......

As for the crying part,hell NFL players have been know to do that,just not in a parents lap..........
Even Tuas brother cried after a loss.....
Ive seen college bball players do it all the time in the March Madness tourney.

Im looking to far into it.......
Sounds like you guys are trying very hard to convince yourselves that Williams isn't as flaky as his history has suggested. But don't think I'm lecturing here, or if I am, I'm also lecturing myself. If indeed Poles will take him with the first pick, I'm also trying to convince myself that he'll make for a great pick and that our QB woes will finally be in our rear view mirror.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you guys are trying very hard to convince yourselves that Williams isn't as flaky as his history has suggested. But don't think I'm lecturing here, or if I am, I'm also lecturing myself. If indeed Poles will take him with the first pick, I'm also trying to convince myself that he'll make for a great pick and that our QB woes will finally be in our rear view mirror.

I dont tjink him being an attention whore is a big deal......

Its no different than kids coloring their hair,wearing two different types of shoes,dreads and so forth.(yes I worked with all 3 types)

Its just a phase.......like I said,its no different than me wearing earrings in both ears,the older generation doesnt get it like the younger generation does......

As I also said,college bball kids cry all the time in the March Madness tourney,but no one calls them out......

The only thing I worry about with CW is is he gonna live up to the expectation.......
Its gonna be a huge deal for him in Chicago......
I really have a hard time believing he is gonna come out swinging as Stroud did this year........
I hope they give him a 3 year oppurtunity to showcase his talent like they gave Justin and Mitch......Not too mention the fans are gonna wanna see results right away.........will we be able to wait?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Brian want......Brian gets......

As he said"After 3 years and you are wondering if he( JF) is or not your qb,he probably isn't"......

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the last USC QB make a good/great NFL QB??

I think it is a short list

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the last USC QB make a good/great NFL QB??

I think it is a short list
Which University should everyone draft their QBs from?

I don’t agree with looking at QBs that way. You can maybe look at the offense they operate and how successful the college coaching staff is with preparing QBs for after college, but solely looking at the university isn’t constructive IMO. They said that about Ohio State and that’s a big reason why Bryce Young is in Carolina and Stroud is in Houston. I bet Carolina would draft differently knowing what they know now.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which University should everyone draft their QBs from?

I don’t agree with looking at QBs that way. You can maybe look at the offense they operate and how successful the college coaching staff is with preparing QBs for after college, but solely looking at the university isn’t constructive IMO. They said that about Ohio State and that’s a big reason why Bryce Young is in Carolina and Stroud is in Houston. I bet Carolina would draft differently knowing what they know now.
Thats a fair question. USC does put out a good amount of fair/maybe few good NFL QB's in last 30-40 years. Some would say Alabama, but I think the QB's coming out of there could be products of the system. Purdue seems to pump out QB's that play on marginal Purdue teams. NC State, BYU, Miami. FL. Michigan have been decent. Ohio State is a big disappointment in producing good NFL QB's, minus CJ

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in time... I really do not care. Pick him, pick Maye, keep fields, trade down... pick a different qb later... >shrugs<

Just grab a Center, DE and a couple of WR's.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in time... I really do not care. Pick him, pick Maye, keep fields, trade down... pick a different qb later... >shrugs<

Just grab a Center, DE and a couple of WR's.

Same here......as long as qb is top 3,wr is a top 3 draftees.......

Lemiwinks31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a neanderthal point of view........but this is a neanderthal sport, and your QB needs to lead a lockerroom full of neanderthals. I dont know if CW can lead an NFL team, he may be able to.....but we know for sure that Field can.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a neanderthal point of view........but this is a neanderthal sport, and your QB needs to lead a lockerroom full of neanderthals. I dont know if CW can lead an NFL team, he may be able to.....but we know for sure that Field can.
… but we also know Fields can’t pass. That’s pretty essential for an nfl qb.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Williams crying.......

Did you all notice Zay Flowers hiding under a towel weeping........its jusy not him,its also NFL players.

No different than what Caleb did........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Williams crying.......

Did you all notice Zay Flowers hiding under a towel weeping........its jusy not him,its also NFL players.

No different than what Caleb did........
Defintely some differences. Flowers fumbled literally inches from the goal line. Had he scored that TD, it could have drastically altered the the outcome of the game. Judging by what he did on the sideline immediately afterward, slamming his helmut and banging on the bench to the point he cut his hand, it's obvious Flowers blamed himself for not only the fumble, but likely put on his shoulders the resulting outcome. That was not the case with Williams. They lost a tough game, but the outcome didn't rest on any single negative play by him, considering he was overall outstanding in that loss against Washington.

I've seen it dozens of times over the decades when pro & college players cry. It's not unusual at all, especially when they've lost a super close game or series, sometimes in sheer joy in a win. But I'm not sure any of us has ever seen a player climb up to the stands and ball his eyes out cradled in his mother's arms like a kid who just lost his puppy.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defintely some differences. Flowers fumbled literally inches from the goal line. Had he scored that TD, it could have drastically altered the the outcome of the game. Judging by what he did on the sideline immediately afterward, slamming his helmut and banging on the bench to the point he cut his hand, it's obvious Flowers blamed himself for not only the fumble, but likely put on his shoulders the resulting outcome. That was not the case with Williams. They lost a tough game, but the outcome didn't rest on any single negative play by him, considering he was overall outstanding in that loss against Washington.

I've seen it dozens of times over the decades when pro & college players cry. It's not unusual at all, especially when they've lost a super close game or series, sometimes in sheer joy in a win. But I'm not sure any of us has ever seen a player climb up to the stands and ball his eyes out cradled in his mother's arms like a kid who just lost his puppy.

Maybe not climbing into the stands cause that was a little dramatic,but to have tears is to have tears.......