• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now take that to Williams for a guy that is pissed off that he is here and how does that play out?

Eh,if he is drafted by us,we will know right away whether he wants to be here or not by not signing a contract........
If he does sugn,instincts will take over and he will play up to his capabilities,but when he visits the Bears,we will know if he wants to be here......

And theres a part of me that likes Drake Maye,big,tall,accurate and an arm......hes been compared to Justin Herbert.

:shrug:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at the point that i dont care what the Bears do. Seems like any move is the wrong move so often. I wont be dissapointed with any decision.
At least not until we see results or a lack thereof by the end of the 2024 season.
Looks to me like this is a great opportunity for the Bears to get other teams into a bidding war. They still have a lot of holes, and I doubt a reluctant USC guy, no matter his skill level, would be the answer in Chicago.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh,if he is drafted by us,we will know right away whether he wants to be here or not by not signing a contract........
If he does sugn,instincts will take over and he will play up to his capabilities,but when he visits the Bears,we will know if he wants to be here......

And theres a part of me that likes Drake Maye,big,tall,accurate and an arm......hes been compared to Justin Herbert.

:shrug:
yes, and straight out of NC like Trubisky. Same reason I liked Levis last year.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The path to sustained, consistent winning starts and ends at the quarterback position.

There is no way anyone that has been watching can honestly think we'll win, say, 4 out of the next 6 division championships with Justin Fields at QB. Hell, we could only get 3 division championships out of 9 seasons with Urlacher/Briggs/Tillman....and they were surrounded by Super Bowl level talent outside of QB.

So "taking the North and never giving it back" cannot be anywhere near an honest statement out of Poles if he decides to stick with Fields.

Just what it is. We should go for the gusto. If we stick with Fields, we're hoping for that "magical season" imo.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Written by an NFL scout, this one is pretty damming.

Idk, this guy is all over the place and has Joe Milton as 1st Rd prospect.
Probably why he's a former NY Jets scout

1. Spencer Rattler (1st rd)
2. Michael Penix Jr (1st rd)
3. Joe Milton (1st rd)
4. Bo Nix (1st rd)
5. Drake Maye (1st rd)
6. Jayden Daniels (3rd rd)
7. Caleb Williams (4th rd)
8. JJ McCarthy (5th rd)

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that take is well off what most are saying
While I have heard Caleb regressed a bit, most NFL scouts have him ranked #1. I think, if you recall, if we all recall, Mahomes was not ranked high either. Supposedly, Caleb and Patrick's games are very similar, so I'm guessing Scouts do not want to make the same mistake twice. >shrugs<

I'm not a scout, I do not watch college football, so I rely on others that do as well. As to what the Bear's decide to do? I do not have a clue or at this point, any feelings about it one way, that way, the other way or a 4th way is fine until proven otherwise.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I have heard Caleb regressed a bit, most NFL scouts have him ranked #1. I think, if you recall, if we all recall, Mahomes was not ranked high either. Supposedly, Caleb and Patrick's games are very similar, so I'm guessing Scouts do not want to make the same mistake twice. >shrugs<

I'm not a scout, I do not watch college football, so I rely on others that do as well. As to what the Bear's decide to do? I do not have a clue or at this point, any feelings about it one way, that way, the other way or a 4th way is fine until proven otherwise.

Caleb's stock just "dropped" because he performed moderately against top comp. And then the crying in the stands and stuff.

He almost certainly goes 1. it just depends to who.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb's stock just "dropped" because he performed moderately against top comp. And then the crying in the stands and stuff.

I am not sure Moderately describes a losing record and only averaging 162 yards passing against top 25 teams. They are all top 25 teams in the NFL. He is by no means a finished product. I am convinced we are not getting to the super bowl with Fields. Does this guy speed up the clock to get us back there?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Moderately describes a losing record and only averaging 162 yards passing against top 25 teams. They are all top 25 teams in the NFL. He is by no means a finished product. I am convinced we are not getting to the super bowl with Fields. Does this guy speed up the clock to get us back there?
I was being nice

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caleb had lost his top wr in Jordan Addison to the 23 draft......
No top wr this season.....Brendan Rice ia 20th on this years depth chart for wrs being drafted this season.
No top olineman this season......not a single otackle in top 24,nor a single guard in top 20.....
His off-coordinator for his Heisman year was not there.....
All analyst still saying hes the top pick in this years litter......
They think Washington is gonna make a big play for CW,being he is from the DC area and ladt seasons off-coor in Kingsbury just got hired there.....

I see no drop in his stock.......

Maybe it will happen during the combines,but as of now,its just getting stronger.....

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i,m praying chicago takes him so washington won,t.running into the stands after losing is a real sign of immaturity.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb had lost his top wr in Jordan Addison to the 23 draft......
No top wr this season.....Brendan Rice ia 20th on this years depth chart for wrs being drafted this season.
No top olineman this season......not a single otackle in top 24,nor a single guard in top 20.....
His off-coordinator for his Heisman year was not there.....
All analyst still saying hes the top pick in this years litter......
They think Washington is gonna make a big play for CW,being he is from the DC area and ladt seasons off-coor in Kingsbury just got hired there.....

I see no drop in his stock.......

Maybe it will happen during the combines,but as of now,its just getting stronger.....

he was considered the best prospect since Luck last year. I'm not hearing that now. Thus the "dropped" in quotations.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trusting Poles to perform his due diligence in what could be the most important decision he makes since becoming our GM. After the combine and/or pro day results along with subsequent interviews, he and his advisors should have a firm grasp as to whether or not Williams merits the 1st pick. And of course what could also factor in big time are the offers Poles will undoubtedly receive for that pick. Bottom line is he holds all the marbles. Just a matter of how he wants to shoot them.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was considered the best prospect since Luck last year. I'm not hearing that now. Thus the "dropped" in quotations.

I will say comparing players is dumb......I ve heard Luck and Mahomes,thats batshit crazy to think Mahomes.

That being said,Bears trade out from the first,there will be a massive haul from whoever just because of his name alone will be attatched to it...........

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he performed moderately against top comp. And then the crying in the stands
Not gonna look for it, but at the time CW was quoted as saying (paraphrasing here) that he has trouble with losses and losing.

Hope CW realizes the NFL doesnt have 200 teams like D1 college football. Losing is a way of life for many NFL teams.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say comparing players is dumb......I ve heard Luck and Mahomes,thats batshit crazy to think Mahomes.

That being said,Bears trade out from the first,there will be a massive haul from whoever just because of his name alone will be attatched to it...........
that the thing with this, he has been propped up as the best prospect for years now. Mahomes was not considered a best prospect. Its about living up to it or showing it.

Look how much Lebron propped up his son, he is not even averaging 6 points a game. Its Poles reading through all the banter if he gets him in the building. I even wonder if this guy is going to throw at the combine, or even show up.

We dont agree on everything around here, but I think we all agree that Mahomes is Mahomes because of their system and Andy Reid. That is one thing Caleb Williams will not ever have.