• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a thread on the official Broncos board that there are three teams rumored to be interested in trading with us for #5: BUF/MIA/ARI.

Yup all of those teams have talked to the Broncos. It all depends on what QB is still available at 5 of whether they want to trade up or not.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup all of those teams have talked to the Broncos. It all depends on what QB is still available at 5 of whether they want to trade up or not.
If you are a fan of trading down, Barkley and Chubb being selected in top 4 would certainly be to Denver's advantage.

But I still don't know why we wouldn't select Rosen if he's there at #5.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are a fan of trading down, Barkley and Chubb being selected in top 4 would certainly be to Denver's advantage.

Is Kubiak playing the Cutler card from 2006 and showing no interest in Rosen only for them to really zero in on Rosen.
I don't know why but I like Rosen. He's smart, a pocket passer and I assume can process information quickly.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm mr trade down boy but, Elway and trades scare me. I agree if Rosen is at 5 why would you pass on him.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rosen will be the best QB from this draft.

And you can (and I'm sure will) remind me if I'm wrong!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be crazy - just saying

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is a difficult debate. Let's say we trade down with Buffalo and New England and end up with the following picks:
1st Round: 3
2nd Round: 3
3rd Round: 2
4th Round: 2
5ht Round: 2

And then 2 extra 2nds next year and a 3rd or something like that. I am horrible with draft pick trades, but that is turning #5 into a lot of what should be really good players. We don't get what should be a pro bowler, but we should be able to an awful lot of talent to bolster a team that is far from void of talent, but has some holes. If we can get another player that is pro bowl years to come then it may be worth staying at 5, but moving down could bolster the roster a lot too.

Dilemmas.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is a difficult debate. Let's say we trade down with Buffalo and New England and end up with the following picks:

And then 2 extra 2nds next year and a 3rd or something like that. I am horrible with draft pick trades, but that is turning #5 into a lot of what should be really good players. We don't get what should be a pro bowler, but we should be able to an awful lot of talent to bolster a team that is far from void of talent, but has some holes. If we can get another player that is pro bowl years to come then it may be worth staying at 5, but moving down could bolster the roster a lot too.

Dilemmas.

The more picks scenario helps the Broncos as they get old on Defense - and find some answers on offense.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more picks scenario helps the Broncos as they get old on Defense - and find some answers on offense.

Your assuming Elway knows how to draft something other than defensive players. Did not turn out well for Denver in 09/10 with 4 1st and 2nd round picks. Pretty hard to screw up pick #5.

Certainly will be fun come 6:00 pm MST Thursday

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dilemmas.
I believe Broncos fans are being set up for a huge disappointment expecting more than they are going to get.

12 and 22 is already worth 1980 vs #5 being 1700. Of course if someone is desperate for a QB, they will pay more. But even getting one more second round pick would be icing on the cake for Denver. Buffalo's #53 is worth 370 - so that totals 2350. 650 over value which is equivelent to getting pick #28 or 29 as a bonus. I'd be very satisfied with that - forget about getting 10,000 other picks.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your assuming Elway knows how to draft something other than defensive players. Did not turn out well for Denver in 09/10 with 4 1st and 2nd round picks. Pretty hard to screw up pick #5.

Certainly will be fun come 6:00 pm MST Thursday
Ryan Leaf and the Chargers say hi.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers making attemps to move up for Derwin James.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Broncos fans are being set up for a huge disappointment expecting more than they are going to get.

12 and 22 is already worth 1980 vs #5 being 1700. Of course if someone is desperate for a QB, they will pay more. But even getting one more second round pick would be icing on the cake for Denver. Buffalo's #53 is worth 370 - so that totals 2350. 650 over value which is equivelent to getting pick #28 or 29 as a bonus. I'd be very satisfied with that - forget about getting 10,000 other picks.

The big thing the Broncos have going for them right now is that there is a bidding war going on behind the scenes. Teams are desperate for QB's (not saying the Broncos shouldn't be with Keenum as the only true viable option right now). Look though at what the Rams got in a trade with the Redskins to move from 2 to 6. The 2nd overall pick is valued at 2600 points. In the trade they got the 6th (1600) and 2 additional 1st round picks that even at their worst value of 32nd overall would net 1180 points. Plus then they got a 2nd on top of that so again at worst 270 points. So the very worst value they could have gotten from the trade would have been over 3000 points. And we know the odds were in the Rams favor that the Redskins were not going to become Super Bowl champs right away increasing the value of that trade all the more. They ended up getting a 2nd overall pick out of the deal for the 3rd 1st round pick.

QB's always bring more value especially when there is a bidding war going on and right now I know of 3 teams that have all called the Broncos with offers and they have upped their offers a couple of times because the Broncos keep taking deals back to teams knowing they can get them to give up more.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really the key Carl.

QB value. It costs more to move up for a QB.

It's like a porsche compared to an Impala.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really the key Carl.

QB value. It costs more to move up for a QB.

It's like a porsche compared to an Impala.

And like I said I know of 3 teams that right now are talking to the Broncos about what it would cost to trade up. I think some might be shocked at what the Broncos get in good value for that pick. There are two teams for sure that if Allen is there are going nuts to try and trade up. I won't say right now the last rumor I heard of what was offered to the Broncos but it is a pretty sweet deal that would be hard to pass up.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big thing the Broncos have going for them right now is that there is a bidding war going on behind the scenes. Teams are desperate for QB's (not saying the Broncos shouldn't be with Keenum as the only true viable option right now). Look though at what the Rams got in a trade with the Redskins to move from 2 to 6. The 2nd overall pick is valued at 2600 points. In the trade they got the 6th (1600) and 2 additional 1st round picks that even at their worst value of 32nd overall would net 1180 points. Plus then they got a 2nd on top of that so again at worst 270 points. So the very worst value they could have gotten from the trade would have been over 3000 points. And we know the odds were in the Rams favor that the Redskins were not going to become Super Bowl champs right away increasing the value of that trade all the more. They ended up getting a 2nd overall pick out of the deal for the 3rd 1st round pick.

QB's always bring more value especially when there is a bidding war going on and right now I know of 3 teams that have all called the Broncos with offers and they have upped their offers a couple of times because the Broncos keep taking deals back to teams knowing they can get them to give up more.
Why dont teams just talk to Clev at #4 ?
Always a risk of trading out of your pick and missing on that QB
Like Clev did twice with Wentz and Watson

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why dont teams just talk to Clev at #4 ?

When John Dorsey was hired he was told not to trade his picks unless the owner gives permission to do so. The owner is tired of trading back and missing out on talent and with how many draft picks they already have adding more just doesn't do as much for them as that of getting a premier player. The Broncos on the other hand could use more picks and if they can't get the QB they want or Chubb then it makes sense for them to accumulate picks and build this team through the draft with a lot of ammo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the Browns wouldn't trade that pick but it would have to be a deal that just makes it impossible to pass on. Now given the offers I'm hearing for the Broncos sound like deals that would be impossible to pass on so maybe they get tired of the Broncos upping the offer and move on to other teams.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When John Dorsey was hired he was told not to trade his picks unless the owner gives permission to do so. The owner is tired of trading back and missing out on talent and with how many draft picks they already have adding more just doesn't do as much for them as that of getting a premier player. The Broncos on the other hand could use more picks and if they can't get the QB they want or Chubb then it makes sense for them to accumulate picks and build this team through the draft with a lot of ammo.
I do agree they need to start drafting impact players

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving up

Temple DL Julian Taylor

Sliding a bit

Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews