• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are NFL Teams Coercing Players?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are starting that some NFL teams have coerced players to not opt out due to Covid worries or family concerns. When six Patriots opted out and the McCourty brothers considering it, Players have started asking questions to their teams. Some players have stated that they would have believed that Bill Belichick would have drawn a line in the sand and are shocked that he has been so supportive of his players.

If Mr. Hardass, Do Your Job, has no issues with his players opting out, maybe more players might opt out.

Nope. Dead silence. Too many teams think that they are right there competing for the SB LV Ring. The media hasn't even mentioned this because it certainly isn't in the NFL's best interest or in any team that's forcing players to play "or else."

With an average career expectancy of 3.5 years, there are players that don't want to risk a potential lucrative career beyond 3.5.

Teams are refusing to answer questions about players seeking opt out info.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about not having links or twits.

Not every single word is put out on electronic media or is written. Some people discuss issues face to face. I know it's extremely difficult for people in this madhouse we call SportsHoopla to grasp anything that isn't written.

When Jason and Devin McCourty stated yesterday that they are considering opting out of the 2020 season for family and their own health concerns They were asked what Belichick said. Devin McCourty stated that Belichick was compassionate said he understood.

Shortly thereafter, a Boston sports media person said that he had received word (telephone?text?) that some teams were pressuring players not to opt out and risk taking away their team mates opportunity to get the big ring. Then the threatening questions followed.

Click bait? Looking for ratings? Discussing the unthinkable?

My gut is telling me that more than ten teams are threatening players. Especially in Florida, California, New York and Texas where the death rates are soaring.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Certainly anything is possible in this and certainly there are nefarious reasons on both sides of the equation for this.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being discussed on NBC Sports Boston.

No links.
cool cool , i can look that up at least, thanks. Shitty if thats the case. imho. wasnt being a jerk, just wanted to look at it.......

Not every single word is put out on electronic media or is written. Some people discuss issues face to face. I know it's extremely difficult for people in this madhouse we call SportsHoopla to grasp anything that isn't written.

When Jason and Devin McCourty stated yesterday that they are considering opting out of the 2020 season for family and their own health concerns They were asked what Belichick said. Devin McCourty stated that Belichick was compassionate said he understood.

Shortly thereafter, a Boston sports media person said that he had received word (telephone?text?) that some teams were pressuring players not to opt out and risk taking away their team mates opportunity to get the big ring. Then the threatening questions followed.

Click bait? Looking for ratings? Discussing the unthinkable?

My gut is telling me that more than ten teams are threatening players. Especially in Florida, California, New York and Texas where the death rates are soaring.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are starting that some NFL teams have coerced players to not opt out due to Covid worries or family concerns. When six Patriots opted out and the McCourty brothers considering it, Players have started asking questions to their teams. Some players have stated that they would have believed that Bill Belichick would have drawn a line in the sand and are shocked that he has been so supportive of his players.

If Mr. Hardass, Do Your Job, has no issues with his players opting out, maybe more players might opt out.

Nope. Dead silence. Too many teams think that they are right there competing for the SB LV Ring. The media hasn't even mentioned this because it certainly isn't in the NFL's best interest or in any team that's forcing players to play "or else."

With an average career expectancy of 3.5 years, there are players that don't want to risk a potential lucrative career beyond 3.5.

Team's can't coerce players.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bill is ok with players opting out because there is probably a 0 chance the patriots will win the super bowl.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bill is ok with players opting out because there is probably a 0 chance the patriots will win the super bowl.
bill falls into lawrence or fields.......woe is bill, sadly even with those opt outs, FA losses, and losing tommy........the coaches are too good, the talent there is still better than a good handful of teams, and i wouldnt see them bottom 5.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard that Mahomes is oing to opt out.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool cool , i can look that up at least, thanks. Shitty if thats the case. imho. wasnt being a jerk, just wanted to look at it.......

No, no, no. I didn't mean to imply that. Seriously.

The Boston media is constantly bringing up stuff because Brady's in TB. My guess is that they were sort of saying, without saying, that the Bucs would force players to play because they think that 2020 is their time. Especially with the virus. Only problem is that Florida is a covid death trap.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I need some NFL football to watch. There's no good reason for young men, in prime athletic shape, should be in fear of a disease that has been harmful to, almost exclusively, the elderly.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is Butt Hurt, because 1/2 of the Patriots are abandoning ship.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a valid question to ask, even if it is just some media sports talk guys just spitballing. The NFL owners are looking at massive revenue losses and are certainly going to do anything and everything to have football this year. It might not be coercion as such but they are very likely not addressing their employee concerns as well as they could.
Having said that, I think the coaches, etc are a lot closer to the players and understand the players more. Even BB, who is considered such a hardcase, is really respected by his players. He works them hard to get the best out of them but this thing has little to do with playing football and Bill is smart enough to know that. I'm not surprised that he is supporting his guys decisions.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a valid question to ask, even if it is just some media sports talk guys just spitballing. The NFL owners are looking at massive revenue losses and are certainly going to do anything and everything to have football this year. It might not be coercion as such but they are very likely not addressing their employee concerns as well as they could.
Having said that, I think the coaches, etc are a lot closer to the players and understand the players more. Even BB, who is considered such a hardcase, is really respected by his players. He works them hard to get the best out of them but this thing has little to do with playing football and Bill is smart enough to know that. I'm not surprised that he is supporting his guys decisions.

At this point I doubt players opting out or not isn't changing the revenue gains or losses.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

America and this board are filled with conspiracy theorist I suspect player opting out are doing it of their own accord.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I doubt players opting out or not isn't changing the revenue gains or losses.
I was thinking more of the season being cancelled and you're right at this point. I would say though, that if too much of the talent decides to go this route, that an inferior product could adversely effect the bottom line at some point down the road. It's going to be effected by a loss of fans in stadiums anyway. The thing is that the owners were looking at negotiations coming up in the next couple of years for the TV revenue that was going to be a big bump. The owners know this and know that with the loss of other revenue, they will need that to make up the shortfall. Not that they can cry poverty but they were looking to almost double their TV revenue in 2022. If the networks show losses, they could essentially see a lesser deal coming and too many star players opting out could possibly effect that. This is just my 2 cents though. There are a lot of things in play here, imo. We really don't know how all of this will play out.