• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why does it seem like most teams are always building for the future, while not caring to win today in the present?

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just kind of bugs me about today's nfl. Seems like teams would rather tank during the current season and plan to get the best draft choice during the following year's draft so they can win in the future. Everyone thinks the "next" top QB coming out of college is going to be the next Brady. Then they stick that QB out there whether they are ready or not because they are the future, no matter how many games they lose. Often times, they could win now or at least have a better product for the fans who are watching now. Tom Brady's are few and far between and possibly a one-time thing that will never be seen again. I think teams should quit banking on the sure thing that never pan's out. I hate to use Dalton as an example, but Chicago probably could have put a better product on the field and won a few more games over the last 3 years with Dalton rather than banking of Field's becoming the next great thing. Instead they have gone backwards. A team should have 3 qb's and let them duke it out in preseason and play who is the best right now, not who might have a better upside next season.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a dynasty fantasy football league. Maybe NFL owners and GM all love fantasy football and it has influenced their thinking. LOL.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just kind of bugs me about today's nfl. Seems like teams would rather tank during the current season and plan to get the best draft choice during the following year's draft so they can win in the future. Everyone thinks the "next" top QB coming out of college is going to be the next Brady. Then they stick that QB out there whether they are ready or not because they are the future, no matter how many games they lose. Often times, they could win now or at least have a better product for the fans who are watching now. Tom Brady's are few and far between and possibly a one-time thing that will never be seen again. I think teams should quit banking on the sure thing that never pan's out. I hate to use Dalton as an example, but Chicago probably could have put a better product on the field and won a few more games over the last 3 years with Dalton rather than banking of Field's becoming the next great thing. Instead they have gone backwards. A team should have 3 qb's and let them duke it out in preseason and play who is the best right now, not who might have a better upside next season.
Because they are the Bengals?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the sentiment. Too many teams in the league are wasting their seasons on purpose.

They're not giving out free tickets to games either. They are pissing on entire cities and telling them its raining.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is as much of "forget this year" as you'd like to believe. All teams start off at 0-0 and all probably believe they're going to compete in their conference and maybe get to and win the Superbowl. Most of the "build for the future" and "tank this season" stuff comes from the fans and media. Coaches and players all realize they're playing and coaching for their paychecks and future in the league, so I really believe you're over blowing this. In the case with Fields and Dalton, what the hell do you expect from Chicago. They haven't had a good QB since Cutler and their belief was Fields could be that guy. That didn't work out, but they kind of needed to know what they had in Fields to give them direction.

Just in case you haven't noticed, Dalton hasn't been an opening day started of choice since he left Cincy. That should probably tell you something

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the sentiment. Too many teams in the league are wasting their seasons on purpose.

They're not giving out free tickets to games either. They are pissing on entire cities and telling them its raining.

The Sixers really ruined everything by introducing The Process.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikings fan who is used to constantly enduring "competative rebuilds", let me tell you, those get old too. Worse draft picks, sticking in a cycle of being a 7 - 10 win team that either misses or goes 1-and-done in the playoffs most years. It feels like a never ending cycle of medioceity.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By most you mean a few teams. Ask a Miami fan if he would rather they stayed in mediocrity or are they happy with the tactic they took a few years ago.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can rebuild more quickly in the NFL than any other sport. You just need to find the pieces. After drafting Burrow, the Bengals turned a corner in their 2nd year. The Texans are experiencing this for a 2nd time now with Stroud but prior to that Watson turned them around quickly. Trevor Lawrence same deal in Jacksonville. It’s not coincidence all the people I’ve mentioned are QBs. It’s all about that chase to find and develop a franchise QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's intelligent
There were only 4-5 teams. Now there are way more. Lebron ruined the league by teaming up with other players, the Sixers saved it by showing a way in the corrupt NBA.

The Sixers did such a great job that the league conspired to sink them with Brian Colangelo purposefully fucking up the team and talking shit on Joel Embiid via a fake twitter account.

You sure are too stupid to follow along from the west coast where you enjoyed the NBAs preferred "dynasty model." That model is dead and we are back to real basketball league wide. Since YOU are such a fan, YOU are very welcome.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were only 4-5 teams. Now there are way more. Lebron ruined the league by teaming up with other players, the Sixers saved it by showing a way in the corrupt NBA.

The Sixers did such a great job that the league conspired to sink them with Brian Colangelo purposefully fucking up the team and talking shit on Joel Embiid via a fake twitter account.

You sure are too stupid to follow along from the west coast where you enjoyed the NBAs preferred "dynasty model." That model is dead and we are back to real basketball league wide. Since YOU are such a fan, YOU are very welcome.
IMG_3720.gif

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funniest part of this is the next top QB coming out of college being Brady, while Brady was a 6th round pick.

The six quarterbacks drafted before Brady in 2000 were Chad Pennington, Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redman, Tee Martin, Marc Bulger and Spergon Wynn.

Yeah, gotta google some of those names right? To me this is why New England could not stand drafting Mac Jones in the first round. Look what happened with that one. My bigger problem is the madhouse fans dubbing the drafted player a franchise QB. Let the guy play one game, or one season. Gotta say the argument for QB development is in Green Bay. Have a franchise guy, instead of getting him weapons, pick another first round QB to piss him off, then do it all over again. I really hope Aaron Rodgers finds his way to minnesota next year somehow to truly duplicate Favres career. Sure seems that is what it takes. Seen far too many ruined playing too early than world beaters. Worst part in Chicago is we not only had Dalton, we also had Foles, so there was a clear path to making fields watch the entire first season. If he was in Green Bay, he would have sat 3.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funniest part remains the opinions. The media sold playing 500 ball has bad business, and so many now assume a team of 53 players SHOULD throw games for a draft pick.