• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All-Time NBA Mock Draft: CHAT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already said twice that McHale would guard Robinson lol. Of course, Mutombo and Pau will guard him too. Sikma will guard Malone. On the other end, you had better play Robinson on Malone, because Malone can't guard McHale one on one, not a chance. Dominique may have had reach, but he was an Ole' defender, as was Miller. And I really hope you play MJ on LBJ, MJ will foul out by halftime. And spun it however you like, Jason Kidd is not even close to Oscar. It's like comparing Penny Hardaway to Magic

Still mismatches if you switch big men. Malone and Robinson are some of the most athletic big men of all-time. MJ will foul out. Wow! lol. Malone was a very good defender like McHale but Robinson was as well since Sikma is pretty much a non-threat I can put more pressure on McHale.
Dominique will primarily be guarding Lebron bc he has the reach and is about as athletic as you can get to guard a guy like Lebron. The fact is either is going to stop each other and that is expected. Oscar or KD, isn't guarding MJ and MJ will probably go off for 40 in 30 minutes on either of those guys.
I never compared Kidd to Oscar, but his facilitating is one of the best ever just like Oscar and Kidd was more of a threat from outside. I never compared them overall bc that isn't fair to Oscar.

KD is a great already but having MJ an absolute great on the ball defender guard him he will most likely crumble like he always does in big situations, probably run off to play for Ritz's team or something :laugh3:

MJ >>>>> KD (probably goes for 40)
Oscar >>> Kidd
LBJ >>> Dominque (both would be unstoppable on offense like MJ and Oscar)
Malone >>>>>> Sikma (probably the biggest mismatch on all facets)
Robinson >> McHale (McHale great defensively but so is Robinson and offensively it is no match)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still mismatches if you switch big men. Malone and Robinson are some of the most athletic big men of all-time. MJ will foul out. Wow! lol. Malone was a very good defender like McHale but Robinson was as well since Sikma is pretty much a non-threat I can put more pressure on McHale.
Dominique will primarily be guarding Lebron bc he has the reach and is about as athletic as you can get to guard a guy like Lebron. The fact is either is going to stop each other and that is expected. Oscar or KD, isn't guarding MJ and MJ will probably go off for 40 in 30 minutes on either of those guys.
I never compared Kidd to Oscar, but his facilitating is one of the best ever just like Oscar and Kidd was more of a threat from outside. I never compared them overall bc that isn't fair to Oscar.

KD is a great already but having MJ an absolute great on the ball defender guard him he will most likely crumble like he always does in big situations, probably run off to play for Ritz's team or something :laugh3:

MJ >>>>> KD (probably goes for 40)
Oscar >>> Kidd
LBJ >>> Dominque (both would be unstoppable on offense like MJ and Oscar)
Malone >>>>>> Sikma (probably the biggest mismatch on all facets)
Robinson >> McHale (McHale great defensively but so is Robinson and offensively it is no match)
So you have Dominique and LBJ basically a push. Earlier you had MJ on LBJ(good luck) and now you have MJ guarding Durant and ''making him wilt'' LMAO. Durant is 7', LBJ is 6'10, MJ is 6'6''. He would be exhausted trying to cover either, then you have him bringing the ball upcourt half the time. And...Jack Sikma, ''non threat''....Shane, you must be under 30 lol.
Kidd is similar in skill set, but nowhere near Oscar as a player. In truth, I think you'd have a hard time matching your starting PG, SG and SF against my 3 backups, let alone my starters. My backups are Chris Paul, Iceman and Elgin Baylor. Paul is every bit as good as Kidd, if not better, MJ is better than Gervin, but he would have his hands full, and Baylor is better than Nique....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have Dominique and LBJ basically a push. Earlier you had MJ on LBJ(good luck) and now you have MJ guarding Durant and ''making him wilt'' LMAO. Durant is 7', LBJ is 6'10, MJ is 6'6''. He would be exhausted trying to cover either, then you have him bringing the ball upcourt half the time. And...Jack Sikma, ''non threat''....Shane, you must be under 30 lol.
Kidd is similar in skill set, but nowhere near Oscar as a player. In truth, I think you'd have a hard time matching your starting PG, SG and SF against my 3 backups, let alone my starters. My backups are Chris Paul, Iceman and Elgin Baylor. Paul is every bit as good as Kidd, if not better, MJ is better than Gervin, but he would have his hands full, and Baylor is better than Nique....

Not at all. Lebron is without a doubt better especially defensively, he will get his but don't think Nique being also one of the greatest offensive players of all-time....he won't lol.

LBJ is not 6'10". You are reaching hard on that one :laugh3: MJ is bringing the ball up in crunchtime.
Remember these guys are only playing 30 minutes that is about 10+ minutes under their career averages.
You keep bringing up Oscar is a better player, of course he is. Seems like you are reaching hard to exploit that matchup but I just don't see your other matchups being exploited as much as my post matchups exploit your players.
My backups are AI, no one is stopping him just like no one is stopping Gervin. Then I have a great scorer in McAdoo vs Pau, a below average defender. Pretty even but McAdoo better offensively. Thurmond vs Mutumbo---both great defensively but Thurmond was a 20-10 guy. I don't see the bench making a huge difference for either teams.

It really doesn't matter. It's everyone else opinion. Could go either way. I just think MJ bringing the ball up at the end of the game isn't a huge deal bc it's what he does, it's not like he is the primary PG lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is @HammerDown still around? He could comment on Jack Sikma "'non threat'' LOL

You actually putting him in the same class as Robinson or Malone is absurd lol. There is a reason nobody picks Sikma in these drafts. Hammerdown thinks Lebron is the most overrated player ever....yeah, take his word on it LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Lebron is without a doubt better especially defensively, he will get his but don't think Nique being also one of the greatest offensive players of all-time....he won't lol.

LBJ is not 6'10". You are reaching hard on that one :laugh3: MJ is bringing the ball up in crunchtime.
Remember these guys are only playing 30 minutes that is about 10+ minutes under their career averages.
You keep bringing up Oscar is a better player, of course he is. Seems like you are reaching hard to exploit that matchup but I just don't see your other matchups being exploited as much as my post matchups exploit your players.
My backups are AI, no one is stopping him just like no one is stopping Gervin. Then I have a great scorer in McAdoo vs Pau, a below average defender. Pretty even but McAdoo better offensively. Thurmond vs Mutumbo---both great defensively but Thurmond was a 20-10 guy. I don't see the bench making a huge difference for either teams.

It really doesn't matter. It's everyone else opinion. Could go either way. I just think MJ bringing the ball up at the end of the game isn't a huge deal bc it's what he does, it's not like he is the primary PG lol.
LeBron is 6'10", no matter what Wiki says lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually putting him in the same class as Robinson or Malone is absurd lol. There is a reason nobody picks Sikma in these drafts. Hammerdown thinks Lebron is the most overrated player ever....yeah, take his word on it LOL
The guys aren't playing one on one. Reggie Miller isn't one of the greatest players ever, he was a great shooter, that's why he is chosen. There are guys undrafted that are more traditional, like Bob Lanier. I took Sikma because I already had great post defenders in Mutombo and McHale, and great post scorers in Pau and McHale. Sikma was a great rebounder and shooter. He was a more athletic, better shooting Laimbeer.
I'm not sure you thought about how your players fit, just that they were big names.
AI doesn't help you at all. You had MJ starting at PG, now you have Kidd starting....so who is the PG the other 18 minutes? AI?....Black Hole. You gonna pair him with MJ? That doesn't work. Gonna pair him with Kidd? Who does he guard, Durant or Iceman? Come on

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys aren't playing one on one. Reggie Miller isn't one of the greatest players ever, he was a great shooter, that's why he is chosen. There are guys undrafted that are more traditional, like Bob Lanier. I took Sikma because I already had great post defenders in Mutombo and McHale, and great post scorers in Pau and McHale. Sikma was a great rebounder and shooter. He was a more athletic, better shooting Laimbeer.
I'm not sure you thought about how your players fit, just that they were big names.
AI doesn't help you at all. You had MJ starting at PG, now you have Kidd starting....so who is the PG the other 18 minutes? AI?....Black Hole. You gonna pair him with MJ? That doesn't work. Gonna pair him with Kidd? Who does he guard, Durant or Iceman? Come on

Doesn't matter, you both have no chance vs my team... since I know what I am doing...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter, you both have no chance vs my team... since I know what I am doing...
Your team is interesting. You'll be tough on some teams, in a bind against others if you keep both centers on the same unit

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team is interesting. You'll be tough on some teams, in a bind against others if you keep both centers oon the same unit

But I am tied down a little... I don't want shaq on my bench due to his awful foul shooting(which I think is the most important thing for a bench player), which then would mean Wilt would be on my bench... kind of feel silly doing that...

edit: just saw that wilt was not much better in the foul shooting...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I am tied down a little... I don't want shaq on my bench due to his awful foul shooting(which I think is the most important thing for a bench player), which then would mean Wilt would be on my bench... kind of feel silly doing that...
It's going to take specific personnel to best you. Picking Steph was a great call, but a team with a great defensive point guard could play a box and one type zone, lane would be totally clogged. On the other end, bigs that can shoot outside would be a major issue

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to take specific personnel to best you. Picking Steph was a great call, but a team with a great defensive point guard could play a box and one type zone, lane would be totally clogged. On the other end, bugs that can shoot outside would be a major issue

If a team has a strong shooting I might move Havlicek up and Barkley down, despite barkley being the superior player... But I don't think I will worry too much about defense....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please vote on all matchups. :suds:

Ritz should text everyone soon.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna post the Championship and 3rd place games but I don't wanna get yelled at if someone wants to change their lineup... How do you call it a night with two games left?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna post the Championship and 3rd place games but I don't wanna get yelled at if someone wants to change their lineup... How do you call it a night with two games left?

Because Shane is driving and I'm old and go to bed after dinner you know that. So go ahead and post it if you like sir. I'll send you my lineup.