• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All 8 Draft Picks Signed

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No signing here or there. Bengals sign all 8 draft picks at once and announce them at same time. That is a first.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No signing here or there. Bengals sign all 8 draft picks at once and announce them at same time. That is a first.
Yeah, the days of holdouts are, nearly, long gone. You may have the occasional outlier here or there, and usually not for money but for language in the contract. That being said, for the most part - the slot system pretty much does the majority of the work.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the days of holdouts are, nearly, long gone. You may have the occasional outlier here or there, and usually not for money but for language in the contract. That being said, for the most part - the slot system pretty much does the majority of the work.
Yeah, but who else has all their draft picks signed right now and I can almost guarantee no one else did it all at once. That is still pretty amazing in itself.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but who else has all their draft picks signed right now and I can almost guarantee no one else did it all at once. That is still pretty amazing in itself.
It's a new era of Bengals football...

I never thought I'd live to see the day. At least, not while Mike Brown was also still alive...

He is still alive, right?!

Bom Dia Hello GIF

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a new era of Bengals football...

I never thought I'd live to see the day. At least, not while Mike Brown was also still alive...

He is still alive, right?!

Bom Dia Hello GIF
Every owner, coach, GM looks like a fucking genius if you get lucky enough to draft a guy like Joe Burrow. I also think Taylor is doing a great job of instilling a roster with accountability and leadership. Mike has turned over control basically to Duke, Katie and her marketing daughters who have helped change the way the franchise is being led. Everything is being done the right way, right now. Just have to hope they document how this occurred, and make sure they keep doing it well into the future.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every owner, coach, GM looks like a fucking genius if you get lucky enough to draft a guy like Joe Burrow. I also think Taylor is doing a great job of instilling a roster with accountability and leadership. Mike has turned over control basically to Duke, Katie and her marketing daughters who have helped change the way the franchise is being led. Everything is being done the right way, right now. Just have to hope they document how this occurred, and make sure they keep doing it well into the future.
True on Burrow, and add in Chase and Higgins, but it's not just the players. This organization has a plan, a path forward now. They have a way they want to build this team, and they are doing it.

The days of signing guys in their mid-30's after they've long since passed their peak years is gone. This team targets guys in their mid 20's, and gets them at their peak. They don't reach for needs in the draft, and continue to find guys, both in the draft and in F/A, that actually fit what they want to accomplish with their schemes.

This is what it looked like for years with Pitt - getting guys who were good, not great, but then getting near greatness out of them because they fit exactly what they wanted to do.

Impressive from the top (Brown getting out of the way) all the way down.