• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latter is more likely than the former. Snyder and the redskins still make big bucks for the NFL.
my question is if he stopped rooting for the team , hates the dictatorial moderator, and thinks the politics thread is too toxic , then why post here ?

if it were me i dont know why i would bother and just go to another forum

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt your analysis is correct as far as marketing and ticket sales . It had everything to do with not liking KC. And shanny being right about Mesus and right about KC

right. Snyder doesnt care about bottom line at all. He is just a vindictive guy

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is if he stopped rooting for the team , hates the dictatorial moderator, and thinks the politics thread is too toxic , then why post here ?

if it were me i dont know why i would bother and just go to another forum

word I forgot you like to just talk to yourself like you do on the politics thread.

I'm sure a couple more seasons of this and you will get your wish

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latter is more likely than the former. Snyder and the redskins still make big bucks for the NFL.

yeah probably but....

Redskins suffer league’s worst attendance drop by a wide margin
Skins attendance dropped by 18% last year. The next closest team was Bucs at 9% and they are a Florida team....

Also dont forget that Carson Wentz jersey at one time was the biggest selling jersey in DMV
Redskins at one time were a proud NFL organization that now has the looks of an expansion team thanks to Snyder.

The NFL cant be too happy about that... also apparently every owner hates Snyder.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word I forgot you like to just talk to yourself like you do on the politics thread.

I'm sure a couple more seasons of this and you will get your wish
people come and go over the years nothing has changed

and as i said if you dont like it here why post here ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt your analysis is correct as far as marketing and ticket sales . It had everything to do with not liking KC. And shanny being right about Mesus and right about KC

Not only is that analysis not correct - it is laughable. In what world does Alex Smith push ticket sales? People must have short memories. During the beginning of the season when the team was winning w/ Smith their attendance was horrendous & of the few fans that attended many rooted for the visitors.

You could be rt about Cousins, but that is water under the bridge. If true then the silver lining here is that the Smith trade was the last straw that helped minimize Allen's role in personnel moves. We will see.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%

Which is why that was the trade that pushed me over the edge.

The trade wasnt about winning SBs it was about staying relevant enough to capitalize on merchandising and ticket sales.

It was obviously not a football decision and its why I stopped rooting for the team. Ownership and management is as fucked up as it can possibly be.

Still holding out some hope that the NFL steps in ala New Orleans Pelicans and forces a sale. Or a wiseguy pays Snyder a home visit that forces a sale.

Forces a sale? LOL. The Skins have actually made some good moves over the last few offseasons (granted the Smith trade was not one of them, but that is one move). They appear to at least be making some good decisions especially in the draft (granted some of those picks won't work out - that is true for every team).

They are not tanking or anything close so why in the hell would the NFL step in and force a sale? What the hell are you smoking?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i will be here long for the long haul . you i doubt it

You are doing a good job buddy. Don't let this troll state otherwise. He repeatedly states that he is no longer a Redskins fan yet posts a lot here about the team. Whatever. Even if the team does well this season he will focus just on the negative. I do this to a degree, but I also acknowledge the positives for this team & would never abandon them. HTTR

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are doing a good job buddy. Don't let this troll state otherwise. He repeatedly states that he is no longer a Redskins fan yet posts a lot here about the team. Whatever. Even if the team does well this season he will focus just on the negative. I do this to a degree, but I also acknowledge the positives for this team & would never abandon them. HTTR
i now what he is . i gave him a chance and he showed his stripes

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is that analysis not correct - it is laughable. In what world does Alex Smith push ticket sales? People must have short memories. During the beginning of the season when the team was winning w/ Smith their attendance was horrendous & of the few fans that attended many rooted for the visitors.

You could be rt about Cousins, but that is water under the bridge. If true then the silver lining here is that the Smith trade was the last straw that helped minimize Allen's role in personnel moves. We will see.

its water under the brideg for sure . but again the guy doesnt look at tape at all as his comments surely show

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its water under the brideg for sure . but again the guy doesnt look at tape at all as his comments surely show

I literally just spit my drink out. I’m not even kidding

I’m not sure what is more rich, you trying to shame me for not watching enough “tape” or you puffing your chest out for supposedly watching “tape”

Do scouts send tape to your house or are you just watching the same exact shit that we all have access to on Twitter.

I spit my drink out. Wow that was too much haha

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally just spit my drink out. I’m not even kidding

I’m not sure what is more rich, you trying to shame me for not watching enough “tape” or you puffing your chest out for supposedly watching “tape”

Do scouts send tape to your house or are you just watching the same exact shit that we all have access to on Twitter.

I spit my drink out. Wow that was too much haha

I have no more access then anyone else. Does . I use multiple sources and again I am not shaming anyone . Anyone looking at tape and seeing JC in the mirror just doesn’t know what they are talking about . More likely you aren’t watching it or you don’t know what you are looking at

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah probably but....

Redskins suffer league’s worst attendance drop by a wide margin
Skins attendance dropped by 18% last year. The next closest team was Bucs at 9% and they are a Florida team....

Also dont forget that Carson Wentz jersey at one time was the biggest selling jersey in DMV
Redskins at one time were a proud NFL organization that now has the looks of an expansion team thanks to Snyder.

The NFL cant be too happy about that... also apparently every owner hates Snyder.

You are clueless. When you say "The NFL" you do realize that Snyder is a part of that group - correct? It is not as if there is this magical entity know as "The NFL" that reigns over the owners or that Goodell has power over them ( he works for them).

For the most part these guys are buddies & part of a very exclusive fraternity. They are not going to treat each like fans would towards owners. Most are billionaires living the good life & enjoying each others company. Why in the hell would these owners have any desire to take control of another franchise unless it was in horrific shape.

The Skins issues are very correctable & they nowhere near the pt of having to give up control of their organization. You might believe in your little fantasy world, but it is way off base. Also - the Skins certainly have the potential to turn things around over the next few years especially if Allen stays out of personnel matters which I believe to be the case for the most part.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are clueless. When you say "The NFL" you do realize that Snyder is a part of that group - correct? It is not as if there is this magical entity know as "The NFL" that reigns over the owners or that Goodell has power over them ( he works for them).

For the most part these guys are buddies & part of a very exclusive fraternity. They are not going to treat each like fans would towards owners. Most are billionaires living the good life & enjoying each others company. Why in the hell would these owners have any desire to take control of another franchise unless it was in horrific shape.

The Skins issues are very correctable & they nowhere near the pt of having to give up control of their organization. You might believe in your little fantasy world, but it is way off base. Also - the Skins certainly have the potential to turn things around over the next few years especially if Allen stays out of personnel matters which I believe to be the case for the most part.

Ummmm the nfl profit shares so Snyder makes money even though the Redskins aren’t pulling their weight.

This would piss off 31 other owners. It’s actually no secret that Snyder is disliked by all the other owners.

Can you imagine 20 years ago the Redskins of all teams not pulling their weight? They were once the most valuable franchise in American sports. Now they are practically an expansion team

Keep drinking the koolaid

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm the nfl profit shares so Snyder makes money even though the Redskins aren’t pulling their weight.

This would piss off 31 other owners. It’s actually no secret that Snyder is disliked by all the other owners.

Can you imagine 20 years ago the Redskins of all teams not pulling their weight? They were once the most valuable franchise in American sports. Now they are practically an expansion team

Keep drinking the koolaid

That is your fans view of the situation & it is incorrect. Redskins not pulling their weight? LOL. It is not as if attendance for a few teams is going to drag down the league. There are always going to be bad teams & it runs in cycles. As bad as the Skins are (actually not that bad - they won 7 games in spite of a ton of injuries - this is certainly better than say the 2017 Browns who didn't win a game) they could just as easily turn it around & be in the playoffs in the next few years. You could say the same for any other team that is having issues.

NFL profits (which are just fine) don't go down because of poor performance by a few teams. If they suffer it is due to competition from other sports & entertainment options, political reasons or economic reasons. If the Redskins are deemed as a bad draw they simply won't be on national games. Hmm - funny how they are still on a lot of national games in spite of your claim that they are not pulling their weight.

I am not arguing that the Redskins are great at this time. I am just stating that your opinions on this subject are laughable. Also funny how you hate this team yet you post here constantly. Again - please join that Eagles bandwagon. HTTR

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins on the Forbes NFL Team Valuations List

Financial info for Redskins as of fall of last year. No they are not the most valued NFL franchise, but they are still doing alright. Home attendance is currently near the bottom of all teams, but they still generate a lot of revenue & are certainly pulling their weight $$ wise. A certain poster here needs to stop acting like a know-it-all on these matters. The Redskins certainly need to improve the team & make it more attractive to fans (& appear to be making some moves in that direction - we will see). However to suggest that they are in danger of being taken over by the league is ridiculous.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins on the Forbes NFL Team Valuations List

Financial info for Redskins as of fall of last year. No they are not the most valued NFL franchise, but they are still doing alright. Home attendance is currently near the bottom of all teams, but they still generate a lot of revenue & are certainly pulling their weight $$ wise. A certain poster here needs to stop acting like a know-it-all on these matters. The Redskins certainly need to improve the team & make it more attractive to fans (& appear to be making some moves in that direction - we will see). However to suggest that they are in danger of being taken over by the league is ridiculous.
i have seen a few sites saying the skins are right up there in terms off franchise value they are at least top 5 in the nfl and top 25 of all kinds of franchises from other sports

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbes' list of the most valuable sports teams - Wikipedia

as of 2018 the skins rank 10th in the WORLD for sports teams values

to make the argument the skins arent "pulling their weight " is uninformed at best

its a dumb talking point with zero factual basis spouted by people who dont know what they are talking about