• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: aaarrrggghhh

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zajac & Henrique out tonight. No call ups, Brunner and Tootoo in. Probably see Zubrus move to center

fun

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol loving every min of this train wreck.

Crash and burn baby only way people will realize this team needs a rebuild and not sign anyone come July 1st.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I'm Pete I would've pulled Cory right off that face off to make it a 6on3.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team does need a rebuild. Will be brutal for a couple years, but it has to be done.

Sick of the same old song and dance every night.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't worry dabs because while lou is here we won't ever rebuild just keep plugging the holes with 30 year old ufas Elias is good for one more 3 year deal.

Camaleri actually playing better then I thought he would. Still a waste of a contract IMO. Like putting lipstick on a pig.

Now I will admit I haven't watched much of the games lately but Corey outplayed by miller and now halak both of which didn't cost a top 10 pick nor a 7 year contract!

IMO this whole team went downhill obviously with praise and kovy leaving. The tipping point though was drafting larrson who won't live up to the hype and keeping the 29th pick. Two bone head moves that will cost this team in the long run. Without looking at the #s I beleieve we would've had a top 10 pick this past year?

So we would've had a 4/9/10 in 4 years somehow we got 4/29/9/30. All we have to show for it is larrson Cory 2 so so prospects. Give me the picks. Hell they would've messed them up anyway.

Can't tell me strome nishikin a top prospect with either halak or miller in net isn't better then

Larrson mattuea Cory and quinnville. Two bottom 6 prospects a #4 that won't live up to that. Cory who just isn't cutting it

Guess what I'm saying is we have been sucking the past what 5 years outside a cup run and we would've had 3 top 10 picks. What do we really have to show for sucking those years

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Be VERY afraid if Lou gets dropped. Harris is not good at picking up GMs. Look at the Sixers, they're non-existent.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whoever they pickup literally can't be as bad as lou has been.

4 playoff misses in 5 years. Zero playoff success except a cup run in the last what 10 years.

Anyone who comes in won't have any prospects to deal we have almost every type of over paid ufa already

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest mistake of all by Lou is not signing Parise before he even thought about signing somewhere else. Maybe he had it in his mind all along he was going to return home. But, I seem to remember many articles saying Parise hadn't heard from Lou about signing early on. Teams are locking up their star players now, and they aren't hitting the market as much anymore. But good old Lou has his principles....

Obviously, not much could be done about Kovy. We'll never know if there were more issues with Kovy other than he just wanted to go to Russia.

Regardless, how many solid players did we lose in the last 10 years because Lou won't talk contact until a month before the player hits the open market. If you're a player and you are that close to free agency, why wouldn't you explore your options? Not only that, waiting so long gives the player the idea that he is expendable. We see how well that has served us...

Don't even get me started on drafting. When you have the 4th overall pick, and you take a defenseman in an offensive minded game. Well, once again, we can see the results.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Larsson was projected to be another Niklas Lidstrom. Big defenseman who can play well defensively as well as offensively. He was supposed to go number 1 overall and this isn't based on the Devils scouts, but most experts. Almost every mock draft had him going first overall.
The day after the draft, in every newspaper or hockey site, the opinion was the Devils got very lucky and stole Larsson.

If you also remember, in 2011, on defense, we really had nothing both on the team or anywhere in the organization.

I do agree this team needs to rebuild. Its probably few years overdue. Doesn't even matter why Parise or Kovy left at this point. They are gone. Team needs more speed and youth on offense.

Elias is aging very quickly this season. I missed last night's game, but friday night, on that 5-3, he made at least 3 horrible passes, including to the wrong side of the receiving player's stick. That split second it takes for the player to adjust the puck in that scenario is just too much time in the NHL. Little surprised nobody is really bashing him and his team leading -12 stat yet. There are other guys. Zajac is not a number one center in my opinion either. Him and Ryder are just way to inconsistent offensively.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever they pickup literally can't be as bad as lou has been.

4 playoff misses in 5 years. Zero playoff success except a cup run in the last what 10 years.

Anyone who comes in won't have any prospects to deal we have almost every type of over paid ufa already

so Mike Milbury, Kevin Lowe, literally would be upgrades, since we are being literal

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol the good thing with millburry is there aren't any prospects to give up in a trade

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't like the larrson pick when they made it.

Keep in mind this team already had drafted Merrill gelinas hedgeson in the 2 years before the they took larrson. Reese scarlet and Alex urbom also taken in those 2 drafts. 5 d men taken let's add a #4 on top it?
yeah I know draft picks bust but still you take 5 d men why waste the #4 on larrson? When this team is clearly thin up front.

i just looked at that 12 draft. Tanner Pearson taken the pick after mattuea lol what a bust of a pick he was.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea, I remember you didn't like the pick.
But remember, this team still had Kovy and Parise with the thinking that they would remain on the team for years to come. Merrill, Gelinas, Urbom, none of those guys were compared to Lidstrom. People were calling Larsson a franchise defenseman.

Looking back now? You are right.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it really sucks when you look at past drafts you have bogosian pieterangelo schenn ekman larrson taken we and get larrson. he will probably be a 4th d man on a team.

comparing him to lidstrom is some pretty big shoes to fill lol but he just looks/ed like a goofy scrawny kid. him being from swed and our history with players from there should've raised a big red flag also.

who knows though rushing him up here probably hurt him the most.

i can actually see him getting to ufa and just splitting and going elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gomez is signed and will probably play tomorrow.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just when you dont think this team can't get any older they do.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating, that was one of our best efforts of the season and we still just cannot score.