• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AAA Texas 500

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Psych Ward that posted about a personal conversation he had with Roger Penske, and Roger told him that he told Brad to remember what happened to Kurt Busch following the incident with Kenseth.

But, he was refering to the after race bullshit of BK punting Kenseth and Hamlin 'after' the race was over, and with his car!!!

As far as what happened on the track, that was racing.

Brad had a shot, jumped in there and when Gordon came down to block it.... bang, back ya go.

I think Brad did the right thing, He saw a shot and he took it. It could of worked either way for the kid. Honestly I congratulate the kid, I haven't seen gutsy ass moves like that since Dale Earnhardt. And honestly Chewbaccer, you have to admit, that was a move that the Great Big E would of done. And same as now, back then piss pants Gordon would of thrown a temper tantrum.

I like Harvick, I have big respect for Harvick, but that push in the back manuver was chicken shit. Back in his younger days he was no different. And if he feels Brad needs some lumps, then get up there and give him some. Don't wait for the kid to turn his back and shove him.

As for everyone wanting to beat the shit out of Brad, maybe he deserves it, maybe he don't. But I remember it being said once, 'lead, follow, or get out of the way' And the same driver that said that was either revered or dispised by all the drivers. I see a lot of Big E in BK, I just dont think Nascar is ready for another balls out racer the likes of Dale!!!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, he was refering to the after race bullshit of BK punting Kenseth and Hamlin 'after' the race was over, and with his car!!!

Brad had a shot, jumped in there and when Gordon came down to block it.... bang, back ya go.

I think Brad did the right thing, He saw a shot and he took it. It could of worked either way for the kid. Honestly I congratulate the kid, I haven't seen gutsy ass moves like that since Dale Earnhardt. And honestly Chewbaccer, you have to admit, that was a move that the Great Big E would of done. And same as now, back then piss pants Gordon would of thrown a temper tantrum.

I like Harvick, I have big respect for Harvick, but that push in the back manuver was chicken shit. Back in his younger days he was no different. And if he feels Brad needs some lumps, then get up there and give him some. Don't wait for the kid to turn his back and shove him.

As for everyone wanting to beat the shit out of Brad, maybe he deserves it, maybe he don't. But I remember it being said once, 'lead, follow, or get out of the way' And the same driver that said that was either revered or dispised by all the drivers. I see a lot of Big E in BK, I just dont think Nascar is ready for another balls out racer the likes of Dale!!!

I agree it was just a racing accident. I actually took Brad's side on the on track incident. There was a hole, he filled it, Jeff moved down and hit Brad. I just dislike Brad almost as much as Gordon.

Brad and the old Kyle Busch drove in a similar fashion as Earnhardt, but the big difference is Earnhardt wouldn't back down from a fight, and you don't win 7 championships making a lot of stupid decisions like Brad does now and Kyle Busch used to do.

As for the Harvick shove, yeah, he probably should have stayed out of it. But, He's my favorite driver, so I'll stand by him. Plus I enjoy seeing a good fight, and we wouldn't have seen it if not for the shove.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the guy saying Harvick should have fought his own fight against Ricky Rudd, Harvick was going after Rudd, his pit crew jumped on Rudd's car, but notice Rudd didn't exactly make any moves to try to get to Harvick other than throw his HANs devise.

Greg Biffle doesn't mess with Harvick after Harvick choked him after a Busch race. Hell, Kyle Busch was so scared of Harvick, he sent Harvick's unmanned car spinning down pit road trying to get away from him.

Harvick isn't gonna back down from a fight. Hell, he trains with MMA fighters. Donald Cerrone to be exact.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad's interview makes me dislike him more.

Fighting isn't a part of racing nd anyone who wants to see a fight isn't a true race fan. Hate to tell him, but Bobby Allison vs Cale Yarborough is what gave NASCAR national attention.

I used to pull for Brad if Harvick or Stewart couldn't win, mainly because he drove a Dodge and I am a MOPAR man. I haven't had much use for him since Penske switched to Ford.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad won't win the title if Gordon doesn't. Harvick played it perfectly.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why weren't Kenseth and Newman going after each other? They were running in the top 5/10 all race, then an aggressive move on a restart resulted in a collision much like Gordon and Keselowski. Kenseth went from having a very solid points day to finishing 25th. Newman wound up 15th. Both had bad tire rubs, but they were saved by another car wrecking and bringing out the caution.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad won't win the title if Gordon doesn't. Harvick played it perfectly.

I don't think Brad has much of a chance whether Gordon wins or not. But Gordon better wait to get his revenge. Because if Gordon takes out Brad Sunday, Gordon will have also sealed his fate for the championship.

Unless of course Kasey Kahne does the dirty work. Dale Jr won't get involved and Jimmie is focused on winning races and finishing the year strong, so it would have to be Kahne.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

The "opening" was only there for a split second and Gordon had no way of reacting or knowing Brad was going to do that. The only reason the hole even opened for that split second is because it was on the entry into the turn. Putting your car in there on the entry of a turn like that is dive bombing and it's pretty damn dirty.

Earnhardt wouldn't have done that either. And while Brad may think he's being like Sr, he's far from it. The most important thing is this - Sr could take what he dished out, Brad can't. Pass in the grass for example. 2nd, Sr didn't try to wreck people and such, he just moved them around a bit. Sometimes he hit them too hard, like T.Labonte at Bristol, but usually he just roughed them up a bit, and usually from behind.

There have been more stupid young kids trying to be "another balls out racer" than we could probably count on all our fingers and toes put together. Such drivers are a dime a dozen in racing and that is not at all what made Sr so special. Honestly I think it's kind of insulting to make such a comparison.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the guy saying Harvick should have fought his own fight against Ricky Rudd, Harvick was going after Rudd, his pit crew jumped on Rudd's car, but notice Rudd didn't exactly make any moves to try to get to Harvick other than throw his HANs devise.

Greg Biffle doesn't mess with Harvick after Harvick choked him after a Busch race. Hell, Kyle Busch was so scared of Harvick, he sent Harvick's unmanned car spinning down pit road trying to get away from him.

Harvick isn't gonna back down from a fight. Hell, he trains with MMA fighters. Donald Cerrone to be exact.

There's no denying Harvick is a BMF, but for him to do what he did.....
If the kid would of done it to him, I can see him jumping in on the melee

Brad's interview makes me dislike him more.

Fighting isn't a part of racing nd anyone who wants to see a fight isn't a true race fan. Hate to tell him, but Bobby Allison vs Cale Yarborough is what gave NASCAR national attention.

I used to pull for Brad if Harvick or Stewart couldn't win, mainly because he drove a Dodge and I am a MOPAR man. I haven't had much use for him since Penske switched to Ford.

Yea, he was really full of shit on that statement...:lol:

And you can thank Nascar for Dodges departure from Nascar, But they really left Penske with no choice but to abandon Dodge

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why weren't Kenseth and Newman going after each other? They were running in the top 5/10 all race, then an aggressive move on a restart resulted in a collision much like Gordon and Keselowski. Kenseth went from having a very solid points day to finishing 25th. Newman wound up 15th. Both had bad tire rubs, but they were saved by another car wrecking and bringing out the caution.

Easy - respect earned over the years.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Pemberton said nobody was called to the hauler after the race, and per rules, a unch can only be given a fine, no suspension or loss of points.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no denying Harvick is a BMF, but for him to do what he did.....
If the kid would of done it to him, I can see him jumping in on the melee

Yea, he was really full of shit on that statement...:lol:

And you can thank Nascar for Dodges departure from Nascar, But they really left Penske with no choice but to abandon Dodge

I can't blame Penske for abandoning Dodge. I still like Logano, I don't pull for him, but I don't mind when he wins(mostly because I don't like Denny Hamlin).

But when brad K lost the Dodge connection, nothing else about him appealed to me.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Pemberton said nobody was called to the hauler after the race, and per rules, a unch can only be given a fine, no suspension or loss of points.

I'm betting Nascar loves all the stuff like this.

Far more interesting than the racing, which sucks but is the truth.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

The "opening" was only there for a split second and Gordon had no way of reacting or knowing Brad was going to do that. The only reason the hole even opened for that split second is because it was on the entry into the turn. Putting your car in there on the entry of a turn like that is dive bombing and it's pretty damn dirty.

Earnhardt wouldn't have done that either. And while Brad may think he's being like Sr, he's far from it. The most important thing is this - Sr could take what he dished out, Brad can't. Pass in the grass for example. 2nd, Sr didn't try to wreck people and such, he just moved them around a bit. Sometimes he hit them too hard, like T.Labonte at Bristol, but usually he just roughed them up a bit, and usually from behind.

There have been more stupid young kids trying to be "another balls out racer" than we could probably count on all our fingers and toes put together. Such drivers are a dime a dozen in racing and that is not at all what made Sr so special. Honestly I think it's kind of insulting to make such a comparison.

I don't care if it was open for a split second or two days, If someone in the chase is right behind you and you feel the need to sweep up the track and open the door, someone is going to walk in. If Brad had enough time to get his car side by side of Gordon, then he went to high and stayed up there to long. It wasn't as if he hit Gordon's rear quarter and spun him out.... he was right beside him.

And I wasn't insulting anyone, sorry you feel that way. But I will say it again, the driving similarities are there. And when you move them around a little bit, you always take the chance of hitting them too hard!! As Dale did on occasion

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Ryan Newman fight another driver. Something about him makes me believe he'd be a tough sumbitch to whoop.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Penske for abandoning Dodge. I still like Logano, I don't pull for him, but I don't mind when he wins(mostly because I don't like Denny Hamlin).

But when brad K lost the Dodge connection, nothing else about him appealed to me.

Understandable

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting Nascar loves all the stuff like this.

Far more interesting than the racing, which sucks but is the truth.

NASCAR would be a fool to bring the hammer down on any of the drivers.

Had the post race fight not happened, Texas would have been a very forgettable race. NASCAR got a lot of exposure because of it.

I'd guess that the events that took place last night will improve Phoenix's ratings a bit.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on a side note, this has to be Jack Roush's worst season performance wise. Stenhouse and Biffle haven't done anything all season, and Carl hasn't done much since winning two early races, and they don't seem competitive at all.

Seems their cars aren't even top 20 performance wise most weeks.

And when Carl leaves for Gibbs(which is a bad move for Gibbs IMO. A 4th car can really stretch a team's resources) and is replaced by Trevor Bayne, next year is sure to be even worse.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR would be a fool to bring the hammer down on any of the drivers.

Had the post race fight not happened, Texas would have been a very forgettable race. NASCAR got a lot of exposure because of it.

I'd guess that the events that took place last night will improve Phoenix's ratings a bit.

You know it will, and you know Nascar force fed it for everything it was worth. I mean look at the victory lane interview....

Why the hell would you ask Johnson his opinion on it????
What the hell would he of cared???
Everything happened behind him, it honestly saved him from having to race Gordon yet the idiots interviewing him kept asking him about it!!!!