• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AAA Texas 500

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on a side note, this has to be Jack Roush's worst season performance wise. Stenhouse and Biffle haven't done anything all season, and Carl hasn't done much since winning two early races, and they don't seem competitive at all.

Seems their cars aren't even top 20 performance wise most weeks.

And when Carl leaves for Gibbs(which is a bad move for Gibbs IMO. A 4th car can really stretch a team's resources) and is replaced by Trevor Bayne, next year is sure to be even worse.

I think Roush is slowly trying to back out of Nascar....Just my opinion.... He has been on a slow decline since he became partners with Fenway. But yea this has definatly been his worste by far!!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if it was open for a split second or two days, If someone in the chase is right behind you and you feel the need to sweep up the track and open the door, someone is going to walk in. If Brad had enough time to get his car side by side of Gordon, then he went to high and stayed up there to long. It wasn't as if he hit Gordon's rear quarter and spun him out.... he was right beside him.

And I wasn't insulting anyone, sorry you feel that way. But I will say it again, the driving similarities are there. And when you move them around a little bit, you always take the chance of hitting them too hard!! As Dale did on occasion

It doesn't matter how far he got up. What matters is how much time is given to the other driver to react. If you do something like that in a situation were the other driver has no way of reacting, then it's dirty. How long the hole is "open" matters a ton between racers. There is a reason Brad isn't liked, and it's shit like this.

Again, roughing up people isn't what made Sr special. Any tool can go out there and rough people up/wreck them. It doesn't take any kind of talent at all. Kurt Busch went out there and roughed people up to get wins. Sr was special because he could take it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it will, and you know Nascar force fed it for everything it was worth. I mean look at the victory lane interview....

Why the hell would you ask Johnson his opinion on it????
What the hell would he of cared???
Everything happened behind him, it honestly saved him from having to race Gordon yet the idiots interviewing him kept asking him about it!!!!

It'll be the talk the entire race next week for sure.

Sold out grandstands for Phoenix. Don't hear that much about NASCAR races anymore.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter how far he got up. What matters is how much time is given to the other driver to react. If you do something like that in a situation were the other driver has no way of reacting, then it's dirty. How long the hole is "open" matters a ton between racers. There is a reason Brad isn't liked, and it's shit like this.

Again, roughing up people isn't what made Sr special. Any tool can go out there and rough people up/wreck them. It doesn't take any kind of talent at all. Kurt Busch went out there and roughed people up to get wins. Sr was special because he could take it.

How was it dirty when Brad had his car right along side of Gordon????
Yes it does matter, he went high and lost the position. React.... Gordon had older tires went high because he wanted to keep his rpm's up and Brad with fresher tires made it stick... I think he reacted quite well!!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on a side note, this has to be Jack Roush's worst season performance wise. Stenhouse and Biffle haven't done anything all season, and Carl hasn't done much since winning two early races, and they don't seem competitive at all.

Seems their cars aren't even top 20 performance wise most weeks.

And when Carl leaves for Gibbs(which is a bad move for Gibbs IMO. A 4th car can really stretch a team's resources) and is replaced by Trevor Bayne, next year is sure to be even worse.

Gibbs owns damn near half an office park outside of Charlotte NC, He has plenty of resources and area to house another team. Bringing in someone of Carl's talent is a big win for him. Gibbs shop even has its own Dyno shop, which several teams are without.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was it dirty when Brad had his car right along side of Gordon????
Yes it does matter, he went high and lost the position. React.... Gordon had older tires went high because he wanted to keep his rpm's up and Brad with fresher tires made it stick... I think he reacted quite well!!!

It's that it's in the entry of the corner that makes it a big deal.

Middle of the corner - not a big deal

Exiting corner - not a big deal.

Entering corner - big deal.

Gordon just took a wider arc on the entry, not a higher line. And yes it was to keep the RPMS up.

If it had been a plate track - also not a big deal.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that it's in the entry of the corner that makes it a big deal.

Middle of the corner - not a big deal

Exiting corner - not a big deal.

Entering corner - big deal.

Gordon just took a wider arc on the entry, not a higher line. And yes it was to keep the RPMS up.

If it had been a plate track - also not a big deal.

And Gordon came down into him. :scratch:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Gordon came down into him. :scratch:

No he didn't. See, that is why entry of corner matters. Gordon merely ran his line. Yes, physically on the track he is coming down, but as far as running a line - no. He made an entry into the corner, in which all lines do that because it's the optimal line.

It's called dive bombing because all cars technically do that, and it's considered dirty because it's near impossible for the other driver to react to the last second line change. The only thing you can do to avoid that is to just give up the spot, and that's just lame.

You just don't go inside someone on corner entry like that.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. See, that is why entry of corner matters. Gordon merely ran his line. Yes, physically on the track he is coming down, but as far as running a line - no. He made an entry into the corner, in which all lines do that because it's the optimal line.

It's called dive bombing because all cars technically do that, and it's considered dirty because it's near impossible for the other driver to react to the last second line change. The only thing you can do to avoid that is to just give up the spot, and that's just lame.

You just don't go inside someone on corner entry like that.

So what your saying is that any driver such as Brad, who had a faster car knew that Gordon was running that line and should of just rolled over and given up because dear God we don't want to take away his line.

Sorry but ANY driver trying to stay in the chase would not of conceded the line to Gordon... he opened the door, Brad on fresher tires, could hold the line and took the line. Gordon's spotters should of told him Keslowski was coming up fast then maybe he could of eased off the throttle and kept his car down!!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what your saying is that any driver such as Brad, who had a faster car knew that Gordon was running that line and should of just rolled over and given up because dear God we don't want to take away his line.

Sorry but ANY driver trying to stay in the chase would not of conceded the line to Gordon... he opened the door, Brad on fresher tires could hold the line and took the line. Gordon's spotters should of told him Keslowski was coming up fast then maybe he could of eased off the throttle and kept his car down!!!!

Yes, it's often common for a car to be faster going into a corner, and no it's not ok to just throw your car in there because you are going faster. It's considered dirty racing. Because the other driver is unable to react to such an action, it's not much different than just wrecking the guy in front of you.

Gordons line had nothing to do with how fresh his tires were. He didn't drift up, he took a SLIGHTLY higher arc entering the turn than Jimmie Johnson, which btw is very common as well because the car on the inside needs to make room for the car on the outside.

I don't know how else to say it honestly. I realize the extent of my racing as a driver is online racing(I have raced for and won money online, I'm pretty good at it), but there is a bit of etiquette with these kinds of things and brad did not at all respect it. I personally would never do what Brad did, and I get extremely pissed off when some stupid noob comes along and does it. An experienced driver doing it as in the case with Brad it becomes completely intentional, disrespectful.

You just don't do that on a corner entry.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's often common for a car to be faster going into a corner, and no it's not ok to just throw your car in there because you are going faster. It's considered dirty racing. Because the other driver is unable to react to such an action, it's not much different than just wrecking the guy in front of you.

Gordons line had nothing to do with how fresh his tires were. He didn't drift up, he took a SLIGHTLY higher arc entering the turn than Jimmie Johnson, which btw is very common as well because the car on the inside needs to make room for the car on the outside.

I don't know how else to say it honestly. I realize the extent of my racing as a driver is online racing(I have raced for and won money online, I'm pretty good at it), but there is a bit of etiquette with these kinds of things and brad did not at all respect it. I personally would never do what Brad did, and I get extremely pissed off when some stupid noob comes along and does it. An experienced driver doing it as in the case with Brad it becomes completely intentional, disrespectful.

You just don't do that on a corner entry.

etiquette has nothing to do with jack shit when it means you move on or just become another driver in two races if you perform poorly.

I totally understand that Gordon didn't drift up, he was running his line.... But Maybe like a football coach studing film Brad knew he was going to go high to maintain rpm's, and took advantage of it. Gordon is a veteran driver and should of know better than to give anyone a thin dicks chance of getting in there. Gordon swinging high caused two drafting lanes and also allowed cars behind him a JJ to close in on them. Gordon is just as much to blame as anyone.... etiquette plays no part in winning a championship. There are no points given for etiquette.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
etiquette has nothing to do with jack shit when it means you move on or just become another driver in two races if you perform poorly.

I totally understand that Gordon didn't drift up, he was running his line.... But Maybe like a football coach studing film Brad knew he was going to go high to maintain rpm's, and took advantage of it. Gordon is a veteran driver and should of know better than to give anyone a thin dicks chance of getting in there. Gordon swinging high caused two drafting lanes and also allowed cars behind him a JJ to close in on them. Gordon is just as much to blame as anyone.... etiquette plays no part in winning a championship. There are no points given for etiquette.

That's all well and fine, but there will be consequences for his actions among other drivers. It's not just a gentlemens agreement that people can dump on.

And then we'll find out that Brad is just like every other tool to come into Nascar thinking they are somehow special because they take risks at the expense of others.

Or, maybe he will be like Sr and be able to take it - I personally doubt he has near the talent considering how much talent Nascar has removed from the equation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4y7MJfeIs

PS: Note that even after getting Earnhardt loose enough for the pass in the grass to happen, Elliot lifts and falls in line entering turn 1 rather than throwing his car under him even though he was "faster".

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and fine, but there will be consequences for his actions among other drivers. It's not just a gentlemens agreement that people can dump on.

And then we'll find out that Brad is just like every other tool to come into Nascar thinking they are somehow special because they take risks at the expense of others.

Or, maybe he will be like Sr and be able to take it - I personally doubt he has near the talent considering how much talent Nascar has removed from the equation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4y7MJfeIs

PS: Note that even after getting Earnhardt loose enough for the pass in the grass to happen, Elliot lifts and falls in line entering turn 1 rather than throwing his car under him even though he was "faster".

Apples and oranges........
Wasn't for a championship, Elliott clipped Dale causing him to go in the grass, then bumped him again as he came out of the grass.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges........
Wasn't for a championship, Elliott clipped Dale causing him to go in the grass, then bumped him again as he came out of the grass.

That makes it less excusable since they are both in it. It's not like Gordon was a lap down blocking him and stuff.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes it less excusable since they are both in it. It's not like Gordon was a lap down blocking him and stuff.

So it boils down to who wants it worse. When they touched Gordon was moving down the track, i don't care whose line it is, Brad had his entire car there.... they were door to door. Brad didn't nudge him, move him, or wreck him....... Gordon's spotter should of told him and he should of stayed low.... or he should of just let Brad take the spot then maybe dove under him and taken it back.... maybe even wrecked him Gordon has plenty of experience in that too.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no excuses, Gordon left the door open and didn't like what walked in. And that whiner would of done the same Damn thing given the chance. The best offense is a good defense, maybe Gordon should of been happy where he was and protected what he had instead of giving any one an opening. I'll bet good money if Harvick would of been where Brad was, he'd of done it too

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it boils down to who wants it worse. When they touched Gordon was moving down the track, i don't care whose line it is, Brad had his entire car there.... they were door to door. Brad didn't nudge him, move him, or wreck him....... Gordon's spotter should of told him and he should of stayed low.... or he should of just let Brad take the spot then maybe dove under him and taken it back.... maybe even wrecked him Gordon has plenty of experience in that too.

Gordon would need a psychic spotter for that. Again, there is a reason why doing that entering a turn is considered dirty. Not sure what else I can say about it.

If Brad wants to go the "racing hard" route, that's fine. He's going to get what he has coming to him.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no excuses, Gordon left the door open and didn't like what walked in. And that whiner would of done the same Damn thing given the chance. The best offense is a good defense, maybe Gordon should of been happy where he was and protected what he had instead of giving any one an opening. I'll bet good money if Harvick would of been where Brad was, he'd of done it too

Personally, with the experience Harvick has now in racing, I would like to think he wouldn't be dumb enough to do such.

Rookie Harvick? Sure. Harvick that now has over 10 years in Nascar? Nah.