• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AAA Texas 500

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon last week on what he would have done to Jr:

''I would have moved him for sure. There's no doubt in my mind,'' Gordon said after finishing second to Earnhardt at Martinsville. ''Everybody who is out there racing has to weigh risk versus reward. For me, to win this race, it's worth taking a lot of risk, even if you upset your teammate.

''I think everybody out there that's not in the Chase understands that if that guy can win that race and put himself in Homestead for the championship, you can pretty much guarantee that you're going to get the bumper or get slammed or something.''

Jeff Gordon freaking cracks me up. Last week he admitted if he had a chance to win a race he would basically do what Brad did to him but Brad is in the wrong right?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey 4down20. It is refreshing to see someone understand racing here.

& psych ward that is an impossible call by a spotter. No way you can blame a spotter for that move.

That is like a driver that bonsai's a corner & gets under another driver turning him. Then saying hey I was under him (acting as if it was his line) I saw a hole & I took it. Maybe his spotter should have told him I was there.

That is impossible for a spotter to help with. (spotters cant help his driver against numbskull racing moves)

you can say Brad had every right to do it for whatever reason that justifies it for ya, but it is still dirty racing, & I believe he sealed his fate this year (& maybe next year) & wont be given the chance to win the championship. So if you think that was worth it for Brad. Well that could be a great debate, but I will say as long as there is a playoff style system in Nascar he wont win another championship, racing like that.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey 4down20. It is refreshing to see someone understand racing here.

& psych ward that is an impossible call by a spotter. No way you can blame a spotter for that move.

That is like a driver that bonsai's a corner & gets under another driver turning him. Then saying hey I was under him (acting as if it was his line) I saw a hole & I took it. Maybe his spotter should have told him I was there.

That is impossible for a spotter to help with. (spotters cant help his driver against numbskull racing moves)

you can say Brad had every right to do it for whatever reason that justifies it for ya, but it is still dirty racing, & I believe he sealed his fate this year (& maybe next year) & wont be given the chance to win the championship. So if you think that was worth it for Brad. Well that could be a great debate, but I will say as long as there is a playoff style system in Nascar he wont win another championship, racing like that.

Impossible my ass.... he could of very well told Gordon to hold it down the 2 car was coming up quick. Y'all with your worldly knowledge of Nascar.... whatever....

I don't care if your the 7 time internet racing champ or know every driver personally.... fact is there was an opening, BK put his car in it, Gordon came down on him and blew his tire..... this is for a championship not a run to see who the classiest guy in Nascar is. Because with the position any one of them are in all 8 of the chase guys would of done it..... Hell Gordon admitting he'd of wrecked his team mate at Martinsville is proof of that. To think any different is just foolish, no one remembers the nice guy who finished second in the points.... understand that. As for Brad, I could care less what you think of him or where he finishes, and your right its far from over, but bet your last dollar he will be there in Homestead.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

''I would have moved him for sure. There's no doubt in my mind,'' Gordon said after finishing second to Earnhardt at Martinsville. ''Everybody who is out there racing has to weigh risk versus reward. For me, to win this race, it's worth taking a lot of risk, even if you upset your teammate.

''I think everybody out there that's not in the Chase understands that if that guy can win that race and put himself in Homestead for the championship, you can pretty much guarantee that you're going to get the bumper or get slammed or something.''

Jeff Gordon freaking cracks me up. Last week he admitted if he had a chance to win a race he would basically do what Brad did to him but Brad is in the wrong right?

He's talking about moves on the straights not about corner entry. It's understood that bumpers are in play on the straightaways. But its a no-no amongst drivers to get into each other going into a corner. The car is at its most unstable there and often where the driver is most blind. To put it bluntly, its dangerous. That goes back to the code and respect thing. You have to be able to trust the guys around you aren't going to do something reckless.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a totally different thing. Again, it's the fact it's on corner entry that makes the difference. I'm just not sure how else to explain it.

What you are describing is just racing. Middle of corner bumper hit? Love it. Exiting the turn bumper hit? Love it. Any contact on entry of corner - Big no no.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible my ass.... he could of very well told Gordon to hold it down the 2 car was coming up quick. Y'all with your worldly knowledge of Nascar.... whatever....

I don't care if your the 7 time internet racing champ or know every driver personally.... fact is there was an opening, BK put his car in it, Gordon came down on him and blew his tire..... this is for a championship not a run to see who the classiest guy in Nascar is. Because with the position any one of them are in all 8 of the chase guys would of done it..... Hell Gordon admitting he'd of wrecked his team mate at Martinsville is proof of that. To think any different is just foolish, no one remembers the nice guy who finished second in the points.... understand that. As for Brad, I could care less what you think of him or where he finishes, and your right its far from over, but bet your last dollar he will be there in Homestead.

:noidea:

I'm not just making it up. It's not just about making contact or going for the win. It's about where and how.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

I'm not just making it up. It's not just about making contact or going for the win. It's about where and how.

Dude, not saying you are making it up. and yes I understand the where, when, and how. That late in the race, that late in the season, that much on the line is no different than say a Daytona or Talladega race.... You play by the rules until the very end, but in the very end all partnerships, all etiquette, all gentlemans agreements are null and void. This is for all the marbles and its been said before, most of these guys would wreck their own mother to win a championship.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, not saying you are making it up. and yes I understand the where, when, and how. That late in the race, that late in the season, that much on the line is no different than say a Daytona or Talladega race.... You play by the rules until the very end, but in the very end all partnerships, all etiquette, all gentlemans agreements are null and void. This is for all the marbles and its been said before, most of these guys would wreck their own mother to win a championship.

That's fine if that's the route Brad wants to go, but it's going to have consequences because it is dirty.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties were announced today.

Brad Keselowski, Jeff Gordon and Kevin Harvick all got away with no penalty of any kind.

A few of Jeff Gordon's crew members were fined, and suspended for 3 and 6 weeks. Which could have a Chase impact, not sure if the h\guys suspended were over the wall crew members or not.

And one of Kasey Kahne's crew members got the same punishment.

Gordon and Kahne's crew chiefs were both fined 50k and put on probation.

Not sure how none of Keselowski's crew got any kind of penalty. Or at least Paul Wolfe.

NASCAR says it's the crew chief's responsibility to keep his team under control, Brad's crew was brawling too.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad's crew was trying to keep the peace and would have if not for Harvick.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad's crew was trying to keep the peace and would have if not for Harvick.

They tried, but they weren't exactly trying to pull Brad away and get out after Brad was grabbed. I don't think Gordon's lip was busted by one of his own crew members.

And I think keeping peace is stretching a bit, maybe trying to protect their wuss of a driver from a beatdown and keeping Gordon's crew from getting to him.

Sort of like when Gordon's crew surrounded Gordon when Clint Bowyer wanted to whoop Gordon's crybaby add.

They weren't really peace keeping, they were just protecting a bitch.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the penalty is effectively nothing. It could affect Gordon is those are pit crew members and not just mechanics but it still might not matter. If they are pit crew members, then if Hendrick is smart, he'll just swap pit crews with the 48 or 88 (which ever has graded out the best this year) with the 24.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the penalty is effectively nothing. It could affect Gordon is those are pit crew members and not just mechanics but it still might not matter. If they are pit crew members, then if Hendrick is smart, he'll just swap pit crews with the 48 or 88 (which ever has graded out the best this year) with the 24.

....they already were switched.

I suppose Gordon's getting some guys back then.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=5781565

Last edited by a moderator:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much. NASCAR has set the precedent that they don't really care if you settle things on pit road or the garage area, just don't use your car as a battering ram on pit road and you'll be fine.

And Johnson's crew was spectacular at Texas, so if it was over the wall guys, I'd say Jimmie might be down a crew member or two.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denny Hamlin on Brad Keselowski: 'Lack of remorse' angers drivers

A good article for some of you who doubt what some have said here about this topic.

Denny Hamlin said Brad Keselowski's on-track aggression isn't well received by his peers, but it's the Team Penske driver's "lack of remorse" that really angers other NASCAR drivers.

And as for the hole and all that:

"(Keselowski) was on fresher tires, so saying that was his only opportunity to get the win may not necessarily be a true statement," Hamlin said. "He still had two laps to get around him. Everyone has a different way of doing things. But a common feel amongst drivers is … that was a very small hole. The car is 6½, 7 foot wide. That hole was not enough that a car was going to fit without being contact. Somebody was going to have to pay the price."

He also talks about it's going to be hard for Brad to win the championship, other drivers are going to make it hard on him.

Rusty Wallace defense Brad at the end and does the Dale Sr routine, but as I stated before I think it's BS and Rusty is just a Nascar shill now so I don't put much into it.