• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AAA Texas 500

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10505340_10152087765432168_6093286639800235012_n.jpg

I think Harvick has been wanting to get his hands on Brad for a while, but there's never been a real opportunity. I remember a road course Nationwide race where Brad completely missed a turn a took out like 3 other cars because Harvick was in his rearview mirror and had said he was gonna take out Brad if given the opportunity. Brad did the job for Kevin.

This was back when Brad drove for Dale Jr.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harvick has been wanting to get his hands on Brad for a while, but there's never been a real opportunity. I remember a road course Nationwide race where Brad completely missed a turn a took out like 3 other cars because Harvick was in his rearview mirror and had said he was gonna take out Brad if given the opportunity. Brad did the job for Kevin.

This was back when Brad drove for Dale Jr.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hztb4MxjYzE]Kevin Harvick VS. Brad Keselowski Watkins Glenn 2008 - YouTube[/ame]

This right here

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. I've been into racing since I was a boy, late 70's to early 80's. My Mama finally took me to my first race when I was about 15, 86 or so, because racing WAS NOT a family event back then, and I have bee hooked ever since.

I was born in a household where Dale Sr was the biggest name in sports. My dad couldn't have told you what team Michael Jordan played for, or who John Elway was. He did and still does follow the Braves, but come Sunday the race was on the tube, or we were in the grandstands.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in a household where Dale Sr was the biggest name in sports. My dad couldn't have told you what team Michael Jordan played for, or who John Elway was. He did and still does follow the Braves, but come Sunday the race was on the tube, or we were in the grandstands.

About the same here. My Grandaddy was a Bill Elliot fan, my Grandmama was a Dale Sr. fan, my Mama was Richard Petty and Tim Richmond fan, My Aunt and Uncle both followed Grandmama with Big E. I went with the majority and Big E until Ernie Irvan came along. I heard that Dale got him his first Cup ride and since there was a connection, I went with Irvan. After Irvan fried his egg in Michigan, I laid low. Then when Dale died and Harvick got in that car and drove the fuckin wheels off of it. I picked him up.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the video...missed this live...hilarious doin's a-transpiring.

Saw Harvick's post-race presser, he basically said he shoved Brad because "he needs to fight his own fights," and said he expects there to be this kind of stuff happening with the new format, but be man enough to take your lumps afterwards when there are people pissed at you. That's fucking GOLD.

Harvick just went up ten notches in my book

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of drivers Brad K has been on the bad side of through the years:

Jeff Gordon
Kevin Harvick
Tony Stewart
Kurt Busch
Denny Hamlin
Matt Kenseth
Kyle Busch
Carl Edwards
Ryan Newman

Those are the ones I can remember where at least wrods were exchanged. I'm sure I forgot a few.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same here. My Grandaddy was a Bill Elliot fan, my Grandmama was a Dale Sr. fan, my Mama was Richard Petty and Tim Richmond fan, My Aunt and Uncle both followed Grandmama with Big E. I went with the majority and Big E until Ernie Irvan came along. I heard that Dale got him his first Cup ride and since there was a connection, I went with Irvan. After Irvan fried his egg in Michigan, I laid low. Then when Dale died and Harvick got in that car and drove the fuckin wheels off of it. I picked him up.

I was a Dale Sr fan until he died. Before Stewart came along, whoever was driving the Texaco 28 was my second favorite driver. Irvan, Irwin Jr and Ricky Rudd that I can remember. Stewart was my number 2 driver from day one. Big E died. I was sitting at the start-finish line when Harvick edged Jeff Gordon for his first win just 3 weeks after Dale died. I've been a fan ever since. Stewart has been my number 2 since his rookie season in 99.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw Harvick's post-race presser, he basically said he shoved Brad because "he needs to fight his own fights," and said he expects there to be this kind of stuff happening with the new format, but be man enough to take your lumps afterwards when there are people pissed at you. That's fucking GOLD.

Good to know that was Harvick's reasoning. I was worried he was pissed about having to move Brad out of the way to get around him for second.

But it's always a good night when two of my least favorite drivers are involved in a fist fight.

All things considered, 2nd place isn't bad for Harvick tonight. His car was a 4th or 5th place car, and he wasn't gonna pass Johnson even if he immediately got around Brad IMO.

This is one of the few races that I didn't mind seeing Jimmie Johnson win. If Harvick can't win, I want a non chaser to win.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is gold! That's the first I've heard of his presser. Good shit.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The absolute best case scenario for the next two races is Harvick win next week. Phoenix is his best track. He's won 3 of the last 4 there and 5 times in all, sp it's not a stretch.

And then Stewart win at Homestead to keep his streak alive of winning a race in every season he's competed in with Harvick finishing second and winning the championship.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The absolute best case scenario for the next two races is Harvick win next week. Phoenix is his best track. He's won 3 of the last 4 there and 5 times in all, sp it's not a stretch.

And then Stewart win at Homestead to keep his streak alive of winning a race in every season he's competed in with Harvick finishing second and winning the championship.

Yea, without a win, I don't think he's making the cut, unless a lot of people have a bad day.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to admit it but I kinda like this system lol.

Only change I would make is that a win shouldn't secure your birth into the next round.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone involved tonight should be scared. Back when Edwards and Keselowski were in their feud, Brad's dad threatened to drive the race car for Brad and take out his enemy.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to admit it but I kinda like this system lol.

Only change I would make is that a win shouldn't secure your birth into the next round.

I hear ya, but it puts a premium on winning. I don't know yet, what I like and don't like. It has made for a lot more talk, a lot more competition, a lot more tension, and a lot more entertainment. Dis is pretty good shit so far.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, without a win, I don't think he's making the cut, unless a lot of people have a bad day.

He's only 6 points back of the cutoff, but he'd have to pass Brad k, Kenseth, Hamlin and Gordon in the points and hope a non chaser wins the race, so it's possible to point his way in, but I'd feel safer with a win, and whether he makes the cut or misses it, I'm just glad he gets his shot to make the championship round at his best track.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the excitement of this version of the Chase. Under last years format, Joey Logano would have already been on cruise mode to the championship.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we're gonna use this format, I wouldn't mind cutting the Chase field back to 12.

First 3 races eliminates 3
Next 3 eliminates 3
Next 3 eliminates 3

Remaining 3 race for the championship at Homestead.

16 is too big of a playoff field IMO.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...what the shit? Man enough to fight his own fights?

...it's not like he was walking away from him or had his back turned. ...he was standin there letting Gordon bitch and moan.

Why didn't anyone tell Harvick to fight for himself when Ricky Rudd was ready to cave his head in?