• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

32 Team NFL Draft Chat

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it would be nice if people actually gave at least a bit of a reason why they voted the way they did.

I think when people don't give reasons others might think they only voted for someone because they are buddies or because the team had their favorite player.

The problem though is we can't require people to give reasoning. Some people will stop doing these if we do and that's obviously not what we want.

Although I do take these seriously we have to remember it's all in fun and we can't buy beer with vCash...

Solution. Tell hammer to drop down the hammer on those who don't explain. TWO MONTH BAN!!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I am voting next nba draft during the playoffs.
Judging a winner for NBA draft.

Best of starters (7 total votes)
PG
SG
SF
PF
C
UTL
UTL

Best of bench (5 votes)
PG
SG
SF
PF
C

If I come to a tie it's who ever had the most votes for their starters.

Fair or not fair?

Yeah that works great. Anything that shows you have a reasoning for your pick. Everyone might have different key strengths they look for.

Like for baseball if the offenses and defenses were even I really looked at versatility of the bench and speed. I think it is just important to have a consistent mindset for voting and letting people know what you were looking at.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that works great. Anything that shows you have a reasoning for your pick. Everyone might have different key strengths they look for.

Like for baseball if the offenses and defenses were even I really looked at versatility of the bench and speed. I think it is just important to have a consistent mindset for voting and letting people know what you were looking at.

It might be ideal to see a reasoning why a guy voted for someone but it causes problems when you list it as well. I have listed before I think Team A's PG is better then Team B's PG and received holy hell that my choice was wrong and no way Team A's player is better and then they listed their stats. If I just said I vote Team A then I am not judged as harshly. In the above voting I will judged on 12 of my decisions instead of just 1. Yes its more in depth but also more drama comes with it. I say people use that way to judge a team but they are not required to list their results just overall winner.

Also I felt that since I'm normally the first to vote on a matchup then that's half the teams who are now mad at me for voting against them. I keep posting first but I rather find a different way. Maybe send Nos a PM of my vote. There for others can't be influenced by my vote I posted. I'll be honest sometimes if it's a close matchup and I don't know who to vote for I'll look at who everyone else is deciding and saying. Hope my honesty on this subject doesn't get me in trouble but hopefully it will lead to a fair way to judge and decide the best teams.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG
SG
SF
PF
C
UTL
UTL

Best of bench (5 votes)
PG
SG
SF
PF
C

Fair or not fair?

The reason I prefer point system by position is there is often a disparity of more than a point. Example would be team a having Steve Nash and Michael Jordan in the backcourt and the other team having John Stockton and John Starks. In a point per position, that would be 1-1, but if you went 10 points per position, it would be closer to 18-14, which would be more accurate IMO:noidea:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG
SG
SF
PF
C
UTL
UTL

Best of bench (5 votes)
PG
SG
SF
PF
C

Fair or not fair?

Util would be bench.

I like a point system and UK is right Jordan vs Starks should be more than 1 - 0

Maybe giving a without question advantage 2 points instead of 1 could work.

One issue I see that could happen is will people want to send me all these rankings for so many games?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I prefer point system by position is there is often a disparity of more than a point. Example would be team a having Steve Nash and Michael Jordan in the backcourt and the other team having John Stockton and John Starks. In a point per position, that would be 1-1, but if you went 10 points per position, it would be closer to 18-14, which would be more accurate IMO:noidea:

I think 10 points is too much, you will start having crazy numbers. Some people might see something as a huge advantage and give the player 10 pts while others see it as a small advantage and give 1. That 10 points for one player could swing the entire vote.

But I think we are headed in the right direction.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 10 points is too much, you will start having crazy numbers. Some people might see something as a huge advantage and give the player 10 pts while others see it as a small advantage and give 1. That 10 points for one player could swing the entire vote.

But I think we are headed in the right direction.

Yeah, maybe 3 points, 1 for solid, 2 for great, 3 for all time great and the rare 4 for GOAT, Jordan, Ruth, etc

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Util would be bench.

I like a point system and UK is right Jordan vs Starks should be more than 1 - 0

Maybe giving a without question advantage 2 points instead of 1 could work.

One issue I see that could happen is will people want to send me all these rankings for so many games?

They don't have to send you it but honesty code they just use it and send you who they decided the winner is.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe 3 points, 1 for solid, 2 for great, 3 for all time great and the rare 4 for GOAT, Jordan, Ruth, Ritz

Fixed it for you.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solution. Tell hammer to drop down the hammer on those who don't explain. TWO MONTH BAN!!!!

Says the guy that posted throw some Ds on that, after I was one of 2 that explained why I voted the way I did... Couple of things...

While I like the premise, the 3 stat thing is kind of crazy IMO... First some people are listing more than 3 and it's also a ton of shit to go through when people aren't just posting numbers... I honestly think it should be tweeked to a certain word count description of what you put together and how you would position your team/players... A strategy maybe stats your choice but you get a word count...

Example... With my offense I plan to stretch the field with my WR and run underneath routes focusing on my short passes... Defense I plan to blitz every play...

Or

Example... My receiver is the greatest of all time stats are... My MLB is the best, stats...

I think it would give the voters a better feel for teams and strategy comes more into play... While I like adding the stats, who doesn't know blah blah blah was HOF and blah blah blah caught...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy that posted throw some Ds on that, after I was one of 2 that explained why I voted the way I did... Couple of things...

While I like the premise, the 3 stat thing is kind of crazy IMO... First some people are listing more than 3 and it's also a ton of shit to go through when people aren't just posting numbers... I honestly think it should be tweeked to a certain word count description of what you put together and how you would position your team/players... A strategy maybe stats your choice but you get a word count...

Example... With my offense I plan to stretch the field with my WR and run underneath routes focusing on my short passes... Defense I plan to blitz every play...

Or

Example... My receiver is the greatest of all time stats are... My MLB is the best, stats...

I think it would give the voters a better feel for teams and strategy comes more into play... While I like adding the stats, who doesn't know blah blah blah was HOF and blah blah blah caught...

Uhhh because if none of the other robots on here are going to rationally explain I'm not gonna waste my time.

Funny thing is. When it's been close I actually still have been.

Great try though. This post actually took a rare effort.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh because if none of the other robots on here are going to rationally explain I'm not gonna waste my time.

Funny thing is. When it's been close I actually still have been.

Great try though. This post actually took a rare effort.

I wasn't expecting a thesis... When I voted in your game I felt the 2 teams were very closely matched and I felt his offensive line was a bit better... I don't blame you for not going into detail about your vote when most aren't, it's weak as hell IMO to not give an explanation about why you voted a certain way when that's one of he purposes of this (I thought)... But to vote in my match that way is hypocritical since I give you an explanation as to why I voted against you... I admit I could have gone into more detail but bottom line was Oline and so it was stated... It's whatever... I know I sound like a bitch right now and I'm fine with that... All I can do is argue my points or quit... IMO the arguements of points and winning these things are the other 2 purposes, otherwise we can start threads On the other boards... Fuck all the being nice about it... I'm here to kick ass... I'll be respectful in terms of shit like (listen asshole, you don't know shit... Type of stuff...) and hope the same in return... But talk that shit, say what you need to... If we were playing pick the biggest booger I'd put my whole hand up my nose to pick a winner... So if I feel like I got robbed I'm gonna say it, if you think I'm wrong drop the knowledge or admit you don't know what the hell is going on like I do when I have to look shit up, or that you didn't really give a fuck since it wasn't your match... By the way, this isn't only toward you it's basically a call to all if you will... I hate seeing people say it's all for fun, or I don't care if I win... Fuck that! I want to win.:yahoo:

Rant over... By the way...

My rankings of this draft...

1. WLK
2. Nos
3. UK
4. Shane

So like I said Shane had a squad, but not better than mine... And I voted for UK because with strength and weaknesses factored in and benches, I liked UKs Oline better... In my experience, the Oline is where you win and lose... Skill positions have rare players that do rare things, but those players need time from the Oline to make that happen... Felt that UKs Oline would do slightly better than Nos... That is why I went with J...

I'll copy and paste this to the game thread...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and like I said I am fully for people giving reasoning to their votes and I would every single time if everyone else were. But I am not going to put forth the time and effort if others are not.

Last draft for the MLB we had pretty much everyone giving sound reasoning for their picks and it went way better. Nos bitched but hes just a natural lunatic. I thought it went well.

Maybe the group cant function without Smitty :noidea:

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget were basically playing a game. We all draft differently and we all have our own opinions about players, stats, awards and eras. Some of us like accumulation stats better than rate stats. Some of us liked awards. Some of us liked the Hall of Fame.

I don't think we can tell others how to vote. We can explain why we voted and if our opinion is different than yours, don't try to diminish the opinion... I noticed some people listed "Super Bowl MVP" as one of their stats. I completely dismissed that. In almost every instance there was a better player that season that was not lucky to get into the big game... IMO, hat is a useless 'stat' to differentiate between players, but I wont take anything away from someone that likes that award.

The main goal is to have fun. I really enjoyed this one and thought my team kicked ass (except for my O-Line)...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget were basically playing a game. We all draft differently and we all have our own opinions about players, stats, awards and eras. Some of us like accumulation stats better than rate stats. Some of us liked awards. Some of us liked the Hall of Fame.

I don't think we can tell others how to vote. We can explain why we voted and if our opinion is different than yours, don't try to diminish the opinion... I noticed some people listed "Super Bowl MVP" as one of their stats. I completely dismissed that. In almost every instance there was a better player that season that was not lucky to get into the big game... IMO, hat is a useless 'stat' to differentiate between players, but I wont take anything away from someone that likes that award.

The main goal is to have fun. I really enjoyed this one and thought my team kicked ass (except for my O-Line)...

:agree: 100%. I add some players that I think would be great in the scheme of my team, even though their numbers may not stack up HOF wise or whatever. An example for me is Desean Jackson. Jackson has gone to 3 Pro Bowls, probably not gonna be a Hall of Famer.....but....on my Squad, I have Megatron on one side, which means your #2 CB plus a safety over the top, as even the best CB's aren't playing this freak straight up. You'd put your #1 on Lofton, which is still no bargain. When I go 3 wide and bring in Jackson as the slot, he will eat man coverage alive, which will put most teams in a two deep zone out of necessity. Then I have Casper to work the middle of the field against the linebackers, not to mention Terrell Davis running behind a great line against a D that's an LB short. Also, with 3 guys who are among the all time leaders in yards per catch, if all else fails, Rodgers can just take off for 8-10 yards a pop after the receivers run everyone deep. Desean may not be an all time great, but he's one of the toughest matchups ever

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not at all trying to tell somebody how to vote... My main point, and I may be alone here, is some teams are picked with a mind set of best player available... IMO opinion you may get a high grade in my rankings, but if you have 2 3-4 OLB because they have high sack totals then put them in a 4-3, you don't benefit for having those stats if they won't be doing what got them those numbers... It's basically like collecting baseball/football/basketball cards and saying who has the better deck... It's my assumption (assume joke here) we are playing GM...

As UK stated, there has to be purpose to picks... When I selected a QB I was like in round 18 or so... I could have grabbed Otto Graham for all his awards, but I grabbed Warren Moon for his skill set... That type of thing should be taken into account, not because I want you to vote for me, but because of the actual fit... While Graham is considered "better", there is no way you can argue he fits a throw first system over Moon...

This is why I feel we should maybe tweek the stat thing into a few points that each gm wants the other gms to know about his overall team... If stats is all you want to post that's your choice, but the players we select should have purpose and we should be able to explain that purpose, even if the voter disagrees with said purpose... Just my thoughts...

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at all trying to tell somebody how to vote... My main point, and I may be alone here, is some teams are picked with a mind set of best player available... IMO opinion you may get a high grade in my rankings, but if you have 2 3-4 OLB because they have high sack totals then put them in a 4-3, you don't benefit for having those stats if they won't be doing what got them those numbers... It's basically like collecting baseball/football/basketball cards and saying who has the better deck... It's my assumption (assume joke here) we are playing GM...

As UK stated, there has to be purpose to picks... When I selected a QB I was like in round 18 or so... I could have grabbed Otto Graham for all his awards, but I grabbed Warren Moon for his skill set... That type of thing should be taken into account, not because I want you to vote for me, but because of the actual fit... While Graham is considered "better", there is no way you can argue he fits a throw first system over Moon...

This is why I feel we should maybe tweek the stat thing into a few points that each gm wants the other gms to know about his overall team... If stats is all you want to post that's your choice, but the players we select should have purpose and we should be able to explain that purpose, even if the voter disagrees with said purpose... Just my thoughts...

I agree with all of this... I didn't intend to single anyone out... I didn't even read all the posts about how to vote in the next draft...

These are fun beacuse of our different opinions... I picked LT first. IMO, the greatest defender ever - and my favorite growing up. By picking him, I assumed a 3-4 defense. But, that didn't stop me from grabbing Urlacher, a slighty overrated middle linebacker that never played in a 3-4 lineup. I think he would have excelled in that setup... And, for me, it was worth the short day dream...

I agree with tweaking the 'stats' listed at the end. I think a short paragraph about the intent of your lineup, with a summary of it's strenghts, is a great idea....

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't see what the issue is. The vote is very close and I can't argue with the 3 teams there. I mean I could for my team but I wont :suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we decide the winner?