• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

32 Team NFL Draft Chat

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it would be nice if people actually gave at least a bit of a reason why they voted the way they did.

I think when people don't give reasons others might think they only voted for someone because they are buddies or because the team had their favorite player.

The problem though is we can't require people to give reasoning. Some people will stop doing these if we do and that's obviously not what we want.

Although I do take these seriously we have to remember it's all in fun and we can't buy beer with vCash...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on both sides of this outcome, and it sucks, but it works better than having someone who doesn't give a squirt about the draft deciding a winner. You get, "well, I like the Steelers, and he has Bradshaw, so, winner chicken dinner". I normally explain my picks, but that usually leads to the same thing. I feel bad for Jeffro as well, his team was as good as any. There are just a lot of stacked teams. Everyone is getting better and better at this

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it would be nice if people actually gave at least a bit of a reason why they voted the way they did.

I think when people don't give reasons others might think they only voted for someone because they are buddies or because the team had their favorite player.

The problem though is we can't require people to give reasoning. Some people will stop doing these if we do and that's obviously not what we want.

Although I do take these seriously we have to remember it's all in fun and we can't buy beer with vCash...

I voted for Team J in honor of Homer J Simpson.:whistle:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on both sides of this outcome, and it sucks, but it works better than having someone who doesn't give a squirt about the draft deciding a winner. You get, "well, I like the Steelers, and he has Bradshaw, so, winner chicken dinner". I normally explain my picks, but that usually leads to the same thing. I feel bad for Jeffro as well, his team was as good as any. There are just a lot of stacked teams. Everyone is getting better and better at this

I gotta say I love you used the Steelers to make your point being it was a Steelers fan who cost you the Championship... I think it was actually Bradshaw to wasn't it? lolzzz :suds:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What idiots would just vote for a team because Bradshaw was the QB :noidea:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Team J in honor of Homer J Simpson.:whistle:

My middle name is James that starts with J, you should have voted for me... :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that might help in the future is having the rankings be broke down, like Passing Game 10, Running Game 8, Run D 9, etc, then when Nos gets the rankings from everyone, toss the top position grade and low position grade for each team and use the mean average added together as the rankings. This would eliminate the stray wild vote and show the true consensus

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I love you used the Steelers to make your point being it was a Steelers fan who cost you the Championship... I think it was actually Bradshaw to wasn't it? lolzzz :suds:

Yes I had Bradshaw and StealersPride got 4 guys to vote for my team with minutes left in the voting process. Which resulted in UK being screwed out of a Championship and 1,000vbucks.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need votes so we can move on to the NBA draft....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL YEAH...

my Monday is almost over.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Team I because I am a Idiot.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it still chaps my ass lol. 3 turds who'd never even been on the mock thread vote in the last 5 minutes for a Steeler. That's why I'm all for rankings, it may be shit, but at least it's not fresh:L

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that might help in the future is having the rankings be broke down, like Passing Game 10, Running Game 8, Run D 9, etc, then when Nos gets the rankings from everyone, toss the top position grade and low position grade for each team and use the mean average added together as the rankings. This would eliminate the stray wild vote and show the true consensus

Works for me, lets try to come up with a scoring method thats fair...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I had Bradshaw and StealersPride got 4 guys to vote for my team with minutes left in the voting process. Which resulted in UK being screwed out of a Championship and 1,000vbucks.

I still appreciate the fact that you not only voted for me , but tried to split the pot. Makes it fun to play with stand up guys:suds:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we come up with a scoring method that will probably only work for NFL though...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we set up our lineups and people gave a point for each position and gave an overall score like in the NFL drafts we had 32 players

So the score would be something like 18-14

After receiving all the scores I could add them up and that would determine the rankings.

If we did it this way everyone would always have to draft the same positions, we would have to decide on a 4-3 defense or a 3-4 prior to the draft to make it fair...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still appreciate the fact that you not only voted for me , but tried to split the pot. Makes it fun to play with stand up guys:suds:

That was a horrible feeling for me. It still feels like a kick in the balls every time it's brought up. That's why I think we really want these drafts 100% accurate, fair, fun so guys come back and play again. People were getting screwed by outside voting it was who has the most friends on SportsHoopla. We keep trying to add new rules so we never run into that again. Will these drafts ever be 100% fair to everyone? NO because someone has to loss for someone to be crowned champ. However we can have the majority of the participants agree on the outcome and that's what I am achieving for, the majority agreeing with the winner. This draft is by far the hardest to judge a winner with soooo many awesome teams. A team that lost in the 1st round could have a arguement for best team because it's so close with these teams. Please everyone be patient with the process. We appreciate your input on how we can make these drafts more fair and enjoyable for you.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we set up our lineups and people gave a point for each position and gave an overall score like in the NFL drafts we had 32 players

So the score would be something like 18-14

After receiving all the scores I could add them up and that would determine the rankings.

If we did it this way everyone would always have to draft the same positions, we would have to decide on a 4-3 defense or a 3-4 prior to the draft to make it fair...

Almost like a fantasy football formula? I'm sure we could come up with a point system if we put our heads together

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I am voting next nba draft during the playoffs.
Judging a winner for NBA draft.

Best of starters (7 total votes)
PG
SG
SF
PF
C
UTL
UTL

Best of bench (5 votes)
PG
SG
SF
PF
C

If I come to a tie it's who ever had the most votes for their starters.

Fair or not fair?