• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest, I would have felt more confident in Wilson & Kenny. But Fields isn’t a bad get. He gives us just as much upside as Kenny did. Fields has better arm talent though, so there’s that.

I think we can all be happy they got rid of Mason & Trubisky… Except for Terry lol.
Wilson and Fields give you a more mobile duo at QB, which is needed behind the OL IMO. Wilson no longer runs a lot but he can dance around in the pocket to buy time.

And Fields can flat out make plays with his feet. I would even expect him to get 3-5 snaps a game as a WC QB.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe even give Fields a few RZ snaps here and there.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All joking aside, Russell Wilson and Justin Fields is a better QB room than any combination Trubisky, Pickett and Rudolph could have ever given us. With that said, we are running into the situation where we have essentially admitted that the Trubisky signing was a bust, drafting Kenny Pickett was a bust and that the "pocket passer" type QB is not a thing that the Steelers are putting their chips in now. This to me means a totally different offensive attack, different offensive playbook and, in all honesty, a totally different outlook on how the offense will operate on a baseline level. With all that said (again), if this does not work, and this is just my opinion, but if this doesn't propel us to at least a division title or if we are still stuck at 10-7, 9-8 and don't make it out of the first round, then it's time to fire Mike Tomlin. That's the only change left. We've changed QBs, OCs, DCs, signed the right guys at the right prices, the only thing left to change is the Head Coach and I think it's time for all Steelers fans to realize that if this season doesn't improve at all. Even a first round playoff win would be worthy of saying this season was a success in my opinion. But we can't keep making changes to every position on the team, players and staff, keep barely making the playoffs and exiting in the first round and keep Mike Tomlin.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All joking aside, Russell Wilson and Justin Fields is a better QB room than any combination Trubisky, Pickett and Rudolph could have ever given us. With that said, we are running into the situation where we have essentially admitted that the Trubisky signing was a bust, drafting Kenny Pickett was a bust and that the "pocket passer" type QB is not a thing that the Steelers are putting their chips in now. This to me means a totally different offensive attack, different offensive playbook and, in all honesty, a totally different outlook on how the offense will operate on a baseline level. With all that said (again), if this does not work, and this is just my opinion, but if this doesn't propel us to at least a division title or if we are still stuck at 10-7, 9-8 and don't make it out of the first round, then it's time to fire Mike Tomlin. That's the only change left. We've changed QBs, OCs, DCs, signed the right guys at the right prices, the only thing left to change is the Head Coach and I think it's time for all Steelers fans to realize that if this season doesn't improve at all. Even a first round playoff win would be worthy of saying this season was a success in my opinion. But we can't keep making changes to every position on the team, players and staff, keep barely making the playoffs and exiting in the first round and keep Mike Tomlin.
We're the Poverty Edition Ravens offense now.

Not that that's a bad thing, that's juat the kinds of qbs that were available right now.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be brutal when your franchise quarterback retires. The Broncos have been in QB purgatory since Manning left and Rothlisberger left a big gaping hole in Pittsburgh. It can take years or even decades to find the next one. Broncos are headed into year 8 without a legit QB and they're nowhere closer to having one.

I think Pittsburgh has done really well for themselves, given the fact that their current QB situation cost them nearly nothing. If Wilson plays well, the Broncos will be covering his salary for you for a couple of years. The potential upside with Fields is also there. Minimally, the Steelers bought themselves a couple of years of still being competitive, while they search for the long term answer. That answer won't be Wilson but he'll win you some games. Fields is kinda the wild card in this one.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arthur Smith is the new OC. He can figure it out IMO.

Fire Tomlin? Fuck no.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arthur Smith is the new OC. He can figure it out IMO.

Fire Tomlin? Fuck no.
Absolutely, fuck yes. Its been time to cut his ass loose

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be brutal when your franchise quarterback retires. The Broncos have been in QB purgatory since Manning left and Rothlisberger left a big gaping hole in Pittsburgh. It can take years or even decades to find the next one. Broncos are headed into year 8 without a legit QB and they're nowhere closer to having one.

I think Pittsburgh has done really well for themselves, given the fact that their current QB situation cost them nearly nothing. If Wilson plays well, the Broncos will be covering his salary for you for a couple of years. The potential upside with Fields is also there. Minimally, the Steelers bought themselves a couple of years of still being competitive, while they search for the long term answer. That answer won't be Wilson but he'll win you some games. Fields is kinda the wild card in this one.
Look at all the QB's the Steelers had after Bradshaw retired until Ben was drafted. Complete dog shit for the most part.

And now since Ben retired they are already guaranteed to have their 4th starting QB, this doesn't happen over night and honestly I am glad they aren't sitting on one player too long hoping they become good (IE..Pickett) and moving on quickly.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all the QB's the Steelers had after Bradshaw retired until Ben was drafted. Complete dog shit for the most part.

And now since Ben retired they are already guaranteed to have their 4th starting QB, this doesn't happen over night and honestly I am glad they aren't sitting on one player too long hoping they become good (IE..Pickett) and moving on quickly.

Dog Shit? You had a problem with Malone, Brister, O’Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart and Maddox before they drafted Ben?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One telling thing to me with Pickett moving on is not one of his old teammates said anything.... like good luck.etc...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dog Shit? You had a problem with Malone, Brister, O’Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart and Maddox before they drafted Ben?
Don't forget Stoudt, Woodley, Scott Campbell, Jim Miller, Steve Bono,Todd Blackledge and Kent Graham. :D

Batch, Pistol Pete and Rick Strom don't count since they only played but never started a game during that gap.

The wind on the lake caused them all to be awful.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially, this is the highlight of that period of Steeler QB's.

Pissed the SB away……lives a few towns away, have seen him in local bars…..tempting to club him…..