• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't gotta be Fields. Like I said in the general forum:

-----

I'd see them go after a FA Tannehill before trading for Fields.

My opinion is to build the offensive support this year, and then draft a QB next year.

Get the OL fixed, get some WR's, then bring a shiny new QB into a stable situation.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @Yo Tee

It was great while it lasted. I will NEVER.....EVER.....forget.....

THEE......BRETT......MASON......RUDOLPH!!!!!!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Russell Wilson our starting QB? Pickett and #120 was just traded to the Eagles for #98 and 2 2025 7ths......

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't gotta be Fields. Like I said in the general forum:

-----

I'd see them go after a FA Tannehill before trading for Fields.

My opinion is to build the offensive support this year, and then draft a QB next year.

Get the OL fixed, get some WR's, then bring a shiny new QB into a stable situation.
Without a doubt not worth wasting anything but a 7th on Fields.

With that said they need a warm bodies at QB and WR now. Hopefully they get people in here or the depth is scary bad.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kahn is way more aggressive than Colbert ever was. Its fun at least. Happy Pickett gets a shot with a real coaching staff. He deserves it.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers sign Jefferson, WR.

No not that one. The 'Van' one

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry @SteelersPride.

Honestly had no clue they would revamp their QB room but I am liking to aggressive approach and willingness to change. I hope the depth gets filled soon enough.
Im not mad. Rumors flying that kenny was a diva. Also that kenny reacted badly to the signing, felt mislead. If he was being a diva then bye bye. I loved hilm because he was the polar opposite of that. Mere rumors, but alot of them.
Kahn is way more aggressive than Colbert ever was. Its fun at least. Happy Pickett gets a shot with a real coaching staff. He deserves it.
Man hes been awesome imo. Hes just been crushing it. Hes making just about every right move.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this on the general:

Well I have mixed emotions about the Pickett trade… Obviously I was higher on Kenny than most, and I defended him all the time.

But after hearing about him acting up & feeling betrayed or lied to after they signed Wilson makes me think very little of him.

Honestly dont give a sh!t if the Steelers went back on their word; their job is to win. Period. Put the best players out there to win.

Choosing not to dress, choosing not to compete, demanding a trade is not the Steelers way. It’s about the logo, not the name on the back. Kenny feeling slighted indicates he has a fragile ego.

Steelers sent him outside of the conference to be in QB purgatory as a backup. By the time he becomes a FA again he will be 28 years old with little to no tape out there motivating any team to think he could compete for a starting role.

Kenny’s career is in serious jeopardy… All because of a fragile ego. Had he kept his head on straight he could have still had a great shot in 2025 to start once more.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive upgrade to your QB room.

RW AND FIELDS?

WOW.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am loving our QB room right now. Perfect fit to backup Russell Wilson for the PERFECT price. 4th at most? Come on now! How can you hate that trade? I know it's probably not a fan-favorite choice on this thread, however, I am stoked for this combination. I've always been saying we need a mobile QB and Pickett could have been that if he were better than he is. Pickett was never the guy and as an organization, we didn't have the time to be waiting another year to see if he could get his shit together. It was the right move to move on from Pickett and Trubs and essentially, start over. Holy hell did we start over. Russell Wilson with Justin Fields learning behind him. I hope and hope and hope and hope and hope and hope and hope that this works out well because if this doesn't......I truly don't know what is left outside of firing Mike Tomlin or the Rooney's selling the team. At that point, that's the only 2 changes left to make.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest, I would have felt more confident in Wilson & Kenny. But Fields isn’t a bad get. He gives us just as much upside as Kenny did. Fields has better arm talent though, so there’s that.

I think we can all be happy they got rid of Mason & Trubisky… Except for Terry lol.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what to think of Wilson or Fields to be honest. I know they basically didn’t pay shit for either so that’s cool. I’m in the “at least we aren’t standing still” camp. At least we aren’t doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Omar Khan is a fucking bully. Fuck yeah.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest, I would have felt more confident in Wilson & Kenny. But Fields isn’t a bad get. He gives us just as much upside as Kenny did. Fields has better arm talent though, so there’s that.

I think we can all be happy they got rid of Mason & Trubisky… Except for Terry lol.
I am looking at it this way that Pickett and Fields are a wash and moved up 22 picks in the draft. Then Wilson is an upgrade over Trubisky and Rudolph, so those alone make this a better QB room.

And l love that Khan is willing to make moves, like @Bridgeburner stated.