• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally! Sadly for him the team screwed him in the end shipping him to Carolina. Limiting the deal to the NFC, I wonder if they would have had better offers from the likes fo the Chiefs? Granted that would scary if he had a chance to play with Mahomes full-time, I don't blame the Steelers for not letting that happen.
Omar Khan is ruthless. Fed DJ & Kenny to the slaughterhouse. DJ's situation is slightly more optimistic. Kenny looks destined to hold clipboard for the rest of his career unless some sort of trade or injury happens.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for Pickett honestly. And I don't trust that the team is being honest with us about whether they were honest with him. They have a history of outright lying when parting ways with employees (Bruce Arians?). They did Pickett dirty by mismanaging his coaching, development, evaluations, and expectations. IMHO they lied to him and us. I'm not saying Pickett handled shit the best way he could have but I can see where he might not trust them and want out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for Pickett honestly. And I don't trust that the team is being honest with us about whether they were honest with him. They have a history of outright lying when parting ways with employees (Bruce Arians?). They did Pickett dirty by mismanaging his coaching, development, evaluations, and expectations. IMHO they lied to him and us. I'm not saying Pickett handled shit the best way he could have but I can see where he might not trust them and want out.
Agreed. This team terribly mismanaged all facets of the transition of life after Ben. Fundamentally they setup the offense for failure by not rebuilding the OL, and doing a shit job of choosing a capable OC. Ben covered up a LOT of problems, even in his final years. They put too much on Kenny to come in and cover up those same problems.

We'll never know what could have been with Pickett. He showed plenty to believe he has the capability to be a starter in this league. Its a shame we won't get to see him play under Arthur Smith.

I hope he finds success in this league. Really do.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I am with the both of you on that. On a similar topic you could argue Rudolph was handed a shit deal also. It didn't help Ben wanted nothing to do with mentoring him.

Glad for both of them, they got out. Rudolph got paid one last time, and hopefully Pickett will get a chance to start with a real offense at some point.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I am with the both of you on that. On a similar topic you could argue Rudolph was handed a shit deal also. It didn't help Ben wanted nothing to do with mentoring him.

Glad for both of them, they got out. Rudolph got paid one last time, and hopefully Pickett will get a chance to start with a real offense at some point.
When we bring up Colbert failing to transition this team for life after Ben, we should also bring up Ben in the same vein. Ben was very vocal about his distaste over certain draft picks and always pushed the team to draft with a "win now" strategy. Drafting Najee & Freiermuth was a big indicator of that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming this means Sutton will get signed soon.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder why did he run?
Without knowing more about the situation its hard to tell... Sutton didn't strike me as the type to do something like that in the first place. But he could have been meeting with lawyers about it trying to build his case before turning himself in?

Seems odd they are saying he was on the run for "nearly a month" when he turned himself in 2 weeks after the warrant was posted.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling he is hoping to get a better deal post draft if a team doesn't upgrade their WR's in the draft (IE...Steelers).
Doubt there is much of a market for a WR3 in decline. And the draft is chock full of WR talent.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt there is much of a market for a WR3 in decline. And the draft is chock full of WR talent.
Oh yeah, I doubt it also was making mention he is probably making the wrong decision.

Doesn't help there are alot of options out there:
1712156931318.png

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without knowing more about the situation its hard to tell... Sutton didn't strike me as the type to do something like that in the first place. But he could have been meeting with lawyers about it trying to build his case before turning himself in?

Seems odd they are saying he was on the run for "nearly a month" when he turned himself in 2 weeks after the warrant was posted.
Totally.... it is all rhetorical until he releases any details.

As for the "nearly a month" it seems someone wanted to sensationalize the story more than it really was.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mind blowing.

You strangle someone, and then go on the run for a month and come out the other end with a misdemeanor.

I can't even comprehend.
What is sad, I thought the same and I realized it is Florida and then...oh it makes sense now.

Last edited: