• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Official Seahawk Draft thread

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Atlanta will make a move. A decent OL, London, Robinson, Pitts... an average defense... I think he'd have it pretty good there and the Falcons have a top 10 pick, dome stadium, and Ciara was born in Atlanta... I know Cousins is strongly linked to Atlanta... but you'll still have to pay Cousins way more than Wilson... Cousins is gonna be 36 when the season starts so I don't know how viable that really is... I know Falcons are in win now but is Cousins going to be that much better than Wilson in 2024?
I figure Atlanta weighed that option full well knowing Russ was getting cut. Shit, dipshit Sean Peyton told us he was dumping Russ once he got benched. Too me it's a tough call cause Cousins is coming off an injury and Russ's play isn't going to get any better.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure Atlanta weighed that option full well knowing Russ was getting cut. Shit, dipshit Sean Peyton told us he was dumping Russ once he got benched. Too me it's a tough call cause Cousins is coming off an injury and Russ's play isn't going to get any better.

True, but Russ is CHEAP (in theory), Kirk Cousins I don't think would be (correct me if wrong)? Is Wilson that much worse than Cousins? If Cousins comes at full price (or even $30M) is $50-60M over the next couple years on your cap worthwhile over let's say $5M for a younger QB? I dunno.

Either way, with Wilson gone, it basically ensures Denver will pick a QB (which we knew was happening anyway), but also possibly allows a team ahead of us to not draft a QB. I still think one of the top 5 QBs will be available by pick 16... and we can leap from Denver/Minny if we want... really depends what Schneider wants to do.

The other part of me wonders if they'll trade into the 2nd, acquire another 2nd (basically trade back to the Giants) and take Nubin (fits FS/SS hybrid MacDonald's scheme runs on - his scheme requires basically SAFETY play, not a dedicated FS/SS) and someone like Cooper to fix the defense. I do agree with Harold that this is the draft to take a QB.. but I still think with a fairly competent defense and some upgrades to the OL Seattle can more than compete in the NFC. If you can get the best S, ILB in the draft (do-able by trading down) that both fit the scheme, and snag IOL/QB in the 3rd frame with maybe some DL splashed in... could get things going quick... and then you can spend your FA money on some cheap positions and ones you SHOULD be spending bigger money on (lines).

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB Payton wilson blew the doors off the combine, not sure where he is supposed to go but could a possibility

Projection: Early Second Round Pick

WILSON’s Strengths

• He has elite speed and acceleration. He runs sideline to sideline with ease and beats the offensive lineman to the spot when coming downhill.
  • He closes in on the ball carrier quickly with acceleration and ferocity to make tackles and sacks.
  • He can be a weapon as a blitzer in a creative scheme. He has a good cross chop and speed rush to get to QB
  • He is a good size for the LB position, and he can put more weight and muscle with his well-built frame.
  • Terrific film in zone coverages. He reads routes and the Quarterback’s eyes well to make plays on the football.
  • He has good hips and quickness in man coverage and could do more at the next level.
  • He takes good angles and is a good tackler in space.

WILSON’s Weakness

• Extensive, long injury history of hamstring injuries, major shoulder injury, and torn ACL. He missed multiple seasons, one in high school due to an ACL and one in college due to shoulder surgery.
  • Needs to get stronger to better shed blocks instead of relying on his quickness. The NFL has better offensive linemen; quickness does not always work.
  • Turns 24 before the start of the upcoming. It could be a turn-off for NFL teams.
  • He needs to be schemed up to rush the player.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are talking about Qb's of the Future (which i am all in on). This guy should deserve a look too

Tulane image
Michael Pratt, QB, Tulane
Height: 6-2. Weight: 217. Hand: 9.25.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2024): 4-6.

3/5/24: Pratt was a consistent quarterback for the Green Wave over the last four years. In 2023, he completed 66 percent of his passes for 2,406 yards, 22 touchdowns and five interceptions. In 2022, he completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,010 yards, 27 touchdowns and five interceptions. Pratt has quality size to him. At the Senior Bowl, he did not impress enough to boost his draft stock.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Alabama image
Carter Bradley, QB, South Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 216.
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
Projected Round (2024): 7-FA.

3/5/24: Bradley earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl after back-to-back quality seasons for the Jaguars. In 2023, he completed 68 percent of his passes for 2,660 yards, 19 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He connected on 65 percent of his throws in 2022 for 3,336 yards, 28 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have the WR's that can overlook Carter's weaknesses

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Russ is CHEAP (in theory), Kirk Cousins I don't think would be (correct me if wrong)? Is Wilson that much worse than Cousins? If Cousins comes at full price (or even $30M) is $50-60M over the next couple years on your cap worthwhile over let's say $5M for a younger QB? I dunno.

Either way, with Wilson gone, it basically ensures Denver will pick a QB (which we knew was happening anyway), but also possibly allows a team ahead of us to not draft a QB. I still think one of the top 5 QBs will be available by pick 16... and we can leap from Denver/Minny if we want... really depends what Schneider wants to do.

The other part of me wonders if they'll trade into the 2nd, acquire another 2nd (basically trade back to the Giants) and take Nubin (fits FS/SS hybrid MacDonald's scheme runs on - his scheme requires basically SAFETY play, not a dedicated FS/SS) and someone like Cooper to fix the defense. I do agree with Harold that this is the draft to take a QB.. but I still think with a fairly competent defense and some upgrades to the OL Seattle can more than compete in the NFC. If you can get the best S, ILB in the draft (do-able by trading down) that both fit the scheme, and snag IOL/QB in the 3rd frame with maybe some DL splashed in... could get things going quick... and then you can spend your FA money on some cheap positions and ones you SHOULD be spending bigger money on (lines).
No doubt Russ will be cheaper but with everything that has gone on with him the last 2 years does Atlanta want to take on that type of baggage? It's possible if they don't want to break the bank for Cousins. Rumor is Steelers are interested in Russ. FA will be interesting this year.

I don't see a trade up. JS has had to work miracles from past drafts with little picks just to get some back. If Penix/Nix happens to fall at 16, I give it a 50/50 chance he pulls the trigger. Both off the board, JS trades back for a 2nd rounder and additional picks.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Alabama image
Carter Bradley, QB, South Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 216.
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
Projected Round (2024): 7-FA.

3/5/24: Bradley earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl after back-to-back quality seasons for the Jaguars. In 2023, he completed 68 percent of his passes for 2,660 yards, 19 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He connected on 65 percent of his throws in 2022 for 3,336 yards, 28 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
Interesting...

I would love to take a shot on FSU's, QB, Jordan Travis later in the draft... Day 3 if he's there... He's an intriguing prospect that can learn behind Geno for a year or two...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in desperate need of a new forum header guys! Wilson, Sherman and Pete are not even Seahawks any more! It's a bad look. The next one don't put Players/Coaches on it.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also welcome in the new blue color for the Hawks, King Blue going to be revealed some time during April around the draft with a slight uniform redesign and full time silver helmets ( that should make many of you happy ). Throw backs will get a white away jersey and the number font will be changed on the current jersey. Home will get wolf gray pants away will get the blue pants. The new number font will be outlined in green. Gray pants with blue feathers blue pants with green. I myself think they need the silver pants not the gray.

king blue.png

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full time silver helmets? Youre not joshing me are you?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full time silver helmets? Youre not joshing me are you?

Nah it's a rumor but a pretty solid one coming out of Nike HQ, we will find out more around the draft because of the NDA but as of now it stated new blue ( King Blue ) new font for numbers/letters and full time silver helmet with blue facemask.

Makes sense to do this with the start of a new era in Seattle.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we cant have permanent throwbacks, ill take silver helmets and a brighter blue.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we cant have permanent throwbacks, ill take silver helmets and a brighter blue.

Seeing as the home jersey will be wolf gray pants the new king blue tops and silver helmets thats pretty much a throw back jersey just with the better graphics of the new jersey. I would assume they go with a green stripe on the logo with the silver helmets because the gray would blend in to much.

NFL-Seattle-Seahawks.png

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always hated the ALL dark blue. It just looks ridiculous coupled with that dumbass lime green.

The only one that looked good to me was the silver pants with the blue tops but then you need a silver helmet or the ALL white uniform with the dark blue helmet.

I would love the colors above. Still a bit of the lime green but it fits SO much better with the lighter blue. That dark blue needs to go.

And to paraphrase the great George Carlin (on the topic of children/kids):

"And I know some of you are going to say, well I love the neon green!" "FUCK YOU!"

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always hated the ALL dark blue. It just looks ridiculous coupled with that dumbass lime green.

The only one that looked good to me was the silver pants with the blue tops but then you need a silver helmet or the ALL white uniform with the dark blue helmet.

I would love the colors above. Still a bit of the lime green but it fits SO much better with the lighter blue. That dark blue needs to go.

And to paraphrase the great George Carlin (on the topic of children/kids):

"And I know some of you are going to say, well I love the neon green!" "FUCK YOU!"

Same here. I couldn’t stand those colors. When you have to look like the Seattle sounders, count me out.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the current duds are better than the ones from the Holmgren/Hasselbeck era, but nothing beats the mid-90s throwbacks from this past season.