• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got C grade by someone. Eek
I think a C is fair. We helped the OL which is a big plus, but a lot of our kids look to be more pf a year 2 to 3 impact than day 1 and it's hard to believe that RB wasn't addressed.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a C is fair. We helped the OL which is a big plus, but a lot of our kids look to be more pf a year 2 to 3 impact than day 1 and it's hard to believe that RB wasn't addressed.
Fair or not... eek.

I like what we did on the O line.

Mazi better pan out

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect much from late round picks and who knows if he will make the 53, but look like at least the kid is a legit NT who stands his ground and clogs the middle. Of course I would love it if he could also move laterally and blow up the center on a pass rush, but let's at least start with just not getting pushed back. Maybe helps against the tush push a little too.

27. JUSTIN ROGERS | Auburn

SUMMARY: Justin Rogers, the middle child of seven boys, was born and raised in Detroit and started playing football in sixth grade in the Detroit Police Athletic League. Two years later, he received his first scholarship offer (Kentucky) as an eighth grader. He was a four-year starter at Oak Park High and the top-ranked recruit inMichigan.HecommittedtoKentuckyoverAlabamaandGeorgiaandplayedthreeseasonsbeforetransferringto Auburn for his senior year in 2023. There isn’t much mystery with Rogers, who has cement cleats, but blockers have a tough time moving him once he drops his weight and puts down roots (he plays he avy, which is both a good and bad thing). In the run game, he lacks range, but can push/reorganize bodies up front, creating opportunities for his teammates. Overall, Rogers is a short-area player with marginal length and pass-rush value, but he has the stoutness to be part of a rotation as an early down run stopper.
GRADE: Priority Free Agent

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure all the bad grades will be because we didn't take a RB. Honestly I thought it was a shitty draft for RBs which is part of why I would have brought in a FA capable of starting instead of Zeke and the guys we have already. Those grading drafts think they have an idea in their head about of what you SHOULD do before the draft, just like they think they have any clue about what NFL teams think about player grades when they do their mock drafts. If our entire offseason was based on getting the Texas RB and we didn't, then that's just incompetence,

What I like most about our draft is it seems like we went for guys who (If they pan out of course) will help us from being pushed around in the playoffs, Two OL and a run stopping DE out of the first 3 and then a LBer could go a long way towards the change we all want. For years this team has been set up to win in the regular season and it's led to disappointment in the playoffs. Maybe we take a different route now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early free agent verbal agreements: Out of the gate...looks to be for LB's who tackled in college.

• Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota: A big-bodied tight end that excelled at the Senior Bowl, Spann-Ford is easily one of the top run-blocking tight ends in the draft class with his 6-foot-6, 250-pound frame. While his receiving production from his time at Minnesota was limited, he showed possession ability in Mobile at the Senior Bowl. (Reported by Tom Pelissero of NFL Network)
  • Jason Johnson, LB, UCF: After producing a 100-tackle season at Eastern Illinois in 2021, Johnson transferred to UCF and posted 240 tackles over the course of two seasons for the Knights on his way to becoming a Second-Team All Big 12 selection. A run-stopper with decisive downhill ability, Johnson was one of the top undrafted linebacker options. (Reported by the University of Central Florida)
  • Brock Mogenson, LB, South Dakota: Another linebacker with back-to-back 100-plus tackle seasons to end his college career, Mogenson is another downhill attacker that will take his 6-foot-2, 235-pound frame into running lanes. (Reported by Ryan Fowler of Bleacher Report)
Just found this:

Dallas Cowboys Undrafted Free Agents​

• WR – Cam Johnson, Northwestern
  • WR – Corey Crooms, Minnesota
  • TE – Alec Holler, UCF
  • TE – Brevyn Spann-Ford, Minnesota
  • EDGE – Byron Vaughns, Baylor
  • DT- Denzel Daxon, Illinois
  • LB – Brock Mogenson, South Dakota
  • LB – Jason Johnson, UCF
  • DB – Josh DeBerry, Texas A&M

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read here. His "strengths" read like a 3rd rounder and then his weaknesses make you think he'll be in the UFL soon. I guess you can try and figure out how to clean up the drops and maybe he makes the final roster this year or next.

13. BREVYN SPANN-FORD | Minnesota

STRENGTHS:
Looks the part with a stretched-out, rangy frame ... worked hard to develop his bulk and mass (high school wide receiver who added 50 pounds at Minnesota) ... massive catch radius because of his long arms and big hands ... can play above the rim or track the ball to his back shoulder ... accelerates well into routes and quick to open to find the football ... can stick his foot in the ground and cross up coverage over the middle of the field ... operates with a stout base as a pass blocker ... locks out in the run game and drives his feet to create movement ... functional core strength in pass protection ... mature, focused and well-respected in the Gophers’ program (Minnesota offensive coordinator Greg Harbaugh Jr.: “I love him. Period. He knows how much he means t o me.”).

WEAKNESSES: Struggled with drops in 2023 ... needs to be more consistent catching the ball out in front without breaking stride ... only four catches (one touchdown) in the red zone over the last two seasons ... focus can be disrupted in contested situations, leading to bo bbles and balls that can be wrestled free ... only 32 percent of his catches in 2023 resulted in a first down or touchdown ... needs to make better use of his sink and footwork to separate at the top of routes ... needs to stay square and under control as a blocker ... needs to load more shock in his hands at contact ... only played field-goal kick coverage on special teams ... missed one game (November 2020) with a right foot injury; underwent offseason shoulder surgery aft er the 2022 season and sat out 2023 spring practices ... disappointing final season.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Minnesota, Spann-Ford was a Y tight end in offensive coordinator Greg Harbaugh Jr.’s scheme (high-percentage of “12” personnel). A high school wide receiver, Spann-Ford transitioned to tight end for the Gophers and put himself on the NFL radar over his six seasons with the program, despite a disappointing final year. With his rangy frame and nimble movements, Spann-Ford is a long-strider with coordination in his routes and at the catch point, but he needs to be more reliable as a finisher (twice as many drops as touchdown catches in his career). He also needs to be more balanced through contact as a blocker but isn’t shy getting his facemask dirty as a run blocker or in pass protection. Overall, Spann-Ford must improve his consistency — especially in the red zone — for him to stay on an NFL field, but he is a smooth athlete with the body flexibility and toughness that translates to the pr o game. He will interest NFL teams looking for a promising Y tight end prospect with rotational upside.
GRADE: 6th-7th Round

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Cowboys depth chart post draft, our starting 22 still look like a team that can contend. But when you move to that 2nd group...man we need to pray for good health. Quality depth has been gutted and it's unproven kids everywhere

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38 out of 3,402

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I wish we were as aggressive as the Lions. It's hard to imagine how we spend literally nothing in free agency for a decade and also just sit around and wait to see what falls on draft day. For all the talk about Jerry being a Gambler, I think he is the least aggressive GM in the league. At some point you need to see something you like and go get it. Now the other side of the coin is I think Cowboys fans would have went crazy (Admittedly I would) if Jerry traded up to take a player from Canada that looks like he doesn't really even have a clue how to play football - based on the 10 snaps I just saw on his highlight clip off course because I have never seen him play

that kid is 6'8" 350 lbs so they're hoping.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this seems right.
I have gone from excited to guess I will wait & see how it turns out.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this seems right.
I have gone from excited to guess I will wait & see how it turns out.
So we sucked in FA and then follow it up with a shitty draft. Sounds like a Jerry thing

I am with @jarntt and think we got better in the trenches

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Cowboys depth chart post draft, our starting 22 still look like a team that can contend. But when you move to that 2nd group...man we need to pray for good health. Quality depth has been gutted and it's unproven kids

These jackwad draft experts in sports media to me are blowhards. Kiper to me is a fricken clown. I wonder if I am the only one that would just like to slap this guy? I seem to remember a guy we drafted in the 5th round that all these Kipers missed on. wasn't Bland an All Pro? So yeah I don't put any weight on these draft grades. The Cowboys have proven they can evaluate talent. I thought the Cowboys added some nice pieces on day 3. These are the depth pieces. The OT,CB and DT have a chance to make the roster

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These jackwad draft experts in sports media to me are blowhards. Kiper to me is a fricken clown. I wonder if I am the only one that would just like to slap this guy? I seem to remember a guy we drafted in the 5th round that all these Kipers missed on. wasn't Bland an All Pro? So yeah I don't put any weight on these draft grades. The Cowboys have proven they can evaluate talent. I thought the Cowboys added some nice pieces on day 3. These are the depth pieces. The OT,CB and DT have a chance to make the roster
Well, hopefully, Kiper can now go back in his cave until next year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im watching the 49ers. They traded up in the 4rth to get a RB. They are stacked at the position already. They also signed the Mizzou RB as a UDFA. He was awesome last year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, certainly need this to be the case. They are putting a lot of eggs in this basket for next season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im watching the 49ers. They traded up in the 4rth to get a RB. They are stacked at the position already. They also signed the Mizzou RB as a UDFA. He was awesome last year.
I'm not as worried about RB and 3rd WR as most seem to be. I think we will look to add some more pieces at both of these spots before week 1. I was more worried about stopping the run and rebuilding our OL...BUT...I will admit if we had this exact team right now but with Travis Henry running behind this OL it would look a lot better.