• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the Texas Fat Boy drops to 4th round. I'd draft him then.
Maybe with a comp pick? You got those red flags headed into the draft. Big mistake. He could drop a round or two. Not a good first impression

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the Texas Fat Boy drops to 4th round. I'd draft him then.
If we had a 4th that would be great. If we want him we would have to go round 3 and hope he's there then. I think he would be a great add here. This is a draft where a trade down in round 1 to get another 3rd or 4th rounder would be very beneficial. Lots of job openings

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a 4th that would be great. If we want him we would have to go round 3 and hope he's there then. I think he would be a great add here. This is a draft where a trade down in round 1 to get another 3rd or 4th rounder would be very beneficial. Lots of job openings
I think we end up with a 4th. I could live with late 3rd round. Problem could be we've reached the team quota for Texas Longhorn players if we draft the horns rb in round two.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we end up with a 4th. I could live with late 3rd round. Problem could be we've reached the team quota for Texas Longhorn players if we draft the horns rb in round two.
I would be more than happy with 2 Horns DT's, 2 Horns WR's, a Horns RB, a Horns TE and a Horns OT from this draft. They have a lot of good kids in this class.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a top tier lineman not there I am ok with dropping 4 or 5 picks. But if JPJ or another top lineman is sitting there then no. They got to hit on that first rounder.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a top tier lineman not there I am ok with dropping 4 or 5 picks. But if JPJ or another top lineman is sitting there then no. They got to hit on that first rounder.
That's true also. I just don't get the Cowboys strategy this year of signing no FA's when they let so many folks walk. We don't have a 4th, and if they are counting on getting starters in rounds 5-7, we are in trouble. Top 3 picks will really need to be ready to play this year or we are taking a step backwards

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its hard to say without knowing what's actually going on in Jerry's brain. He said they aren't extending him this offseason. If that's true, then there is no reason for Dak to sign before he hits the open market. If that happens, and Jerry decides he wants to sign him then, it'll cost him at least another $5M per season over the crazy price Dak wants now, so they have to let him walk in that scenario. So if what Jerry said was true, they should be looking at QB as soon as the first round. Then again, Jerry could say we aren't signing Dak this offseason and then sign him an hour later. He never lets the truth get in the way of a good story

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sporting news Mock has:
1 JPJ C
2 Jordan Morgan OT
3 Braelon Allen. RB

If this happened I would like it very much. I don't care about Allen's 40 time. Allen is the type of RB I have wanted for a long time.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it does make sense because they only have Lance and Rush if they don't keep Dak Long term :noidea:
True. This would mean Rush is gone. They can go a lot of ways in round one.

Jerry likes flashy players. I could see him drafting Worthy or Brian Thomas JR if one of them is there. I like these two very much as players . Can you imagine Worthy or Thomas with Cee Dee? These two wide outs are ballers

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. This would mean Rush is gone. They can go a lot of ways in round one.

Jerry likes flashy players. I could see him drafting Worthy or Brian Thomas JR if one of them is there. I like these two very much as players . Can you imagine Worthy or Thomas with Cee Dee? These two wide outs are ballers
I don't see any way we can cry about our cap and keep both Rush and Lance on the roster. You can't have a starting QB taking up as much cap space as Dak does and then have 2 backups both above the minimum when some teams don't even carry 3. I'm not sure if Lance's roster bonus has already been paid out or if it can be "traded" to another team, which of course would limit the options because we can't save anything by cutting him as his money for this year is all guaranteed. Rush we save over $2M by cutting/trading.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3