• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Gilmore!

fucking stephen
If they are going to bring him back they better hurry. I certainly don't trust the depth at corner. Nashon Wright does not impress me.mukamu looks more like a safety.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YeaH, ok. You argue and name call like a little spoiled baby who is upset no one ever agrees with them. Check the board due. You don't name call and argue? Most of what you post seems negative in one way or another
Yep. Sure does. I have experienced it too.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guaranteed money is key. I see this FO balking at resetting the market with Dak especially after Watson signed with Cleveland.

I suppose they could surprise me,but I don't see it happening.

I think it will be a struggle for the Cowboys to make the playoffs this year. Too many gaping holes at critical positions on offense. No LT,center or RB.
I wouldn't reset the market for Dak.

I said the other day that we can win with Dak, but we can't win with Dak and no one else.

Let him play out this season, see what happens, and pay accordingly.

If he doesn't like the offer, I'm ready to let him walk. I don't think anyone else is going to reset the market to get him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't reset the market for Dak.

I said the other day that we can win with Dak, but we can't win with Dak and no one else.

Let him play out this season, see what happens, and pay accordingly.

If he doesn't like the offer, I'm ready to let him walk. I don't think anyone else is going to reset the market to get him.
I agree with you, but I've also read that there are going to be 6 teams with $100 million in cap space and 1 team approaching $200 million. I kind of think if he hits the market someone will pay a crazy amount. If we are going to let him hit the market, I think Penix or Nix should at least get some consideration in round 1 this year if they are there, even though that does nothing for us now. Only Jerry and Stephen know what their plan is, and that may change as the wind blows

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, but I've also read that there are going to be 6 teams with $100 million in cap space and 1 team approaching $200 million. I kind of think if he hits the market someone will pay a crazy amount. If we are going to let him hit the market, I think Penix or Nix should at least get some consideration in round 1 this year if they are there, even though that does nothing for us now. Only Jerry and Stephen know what their plan is, and that may change as the wind blows
Dude, I'm gonna have to see those links...

The cap in 2024 is 255 million and in 2025 is projected to be 273 million.

No chance in hades that someone already has 2/7 of 2024's cap space available, or 2/3 of 2025's cap space available.

Let Dak walk if...

1) he doesn't get us to the NFC championship and play competently, and
2) he wants to reset the market for qb.

I'm fine with some fictitious team giving him $200 million per year, especially in the NFC East.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No chance in hades that someone already has 2/7 of 2024's cap space available, or 2/3 of 2025's cap space available.

Let Dak walk if...

I'm fine with some fictitious team giving him $200 million per year, especially in the NFC East.
No fiction Bro. The Patriots are the team. With expiring contracts they will be at like $192M under going into next year. I know Chicago was one of the teams over $100M for next year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let Dak walk if...

Sportrac- 2025 cap space
New England $205 Million
Detroit 141
Washington 124
Chargers 107
Vikings 104
Fact not Fiction

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q
Sportrac- 2025 cap space
New England $205 Million
Detroit 141
Washington 124
Chargers 107
Vikings 104
Fact not Fiction
You do realize that every team is required to spend 95% of the cap in each year, right? You are technically correct, but give it three months and what you stated is completely different. No one can have $60 million, much less $200 million, available cap space.

The way you stated it makes it sound as though there are teams out there that will have 4/5 of their cap space to sign Dak.

Even if such cap space exists, good luck to any team that would offer even 1/3 of that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q

You do realize that every team is required to spend 95% of the cap in each year, right? You are technically correct, but give it three months and what you stated is completely different. No one can have $60 million, much less $200 million, available cap space.

The way you stated it makes it sound as though there are teams out there that will have 4/5 of their cap space to sign Dak.

Even if such cap space exists, good luck to any team that would offer even 1/3 of that.
Honestly, I don't know squat about anyone's cap space except the Cowboys. I was listening to some analysts talking about the Patriots and how they planned to go into next season with $200M in cap space, so I looked it up. And while you are right about having to spend 95%, it's pretty easy to set a lot of that money as one year deals or deals they can get out of. Bottom line, even if you don't buy the 200M, there will clearly be several over $100 Million. There were a few of those this year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
three most important players:

Tolbert
Mazi
Bass

i can see it
I think you are right. Bass has shown more than Tolbert or Mazi . All three should have bigger roles. I will have to see it to believe it when it comes to Mazi and Tolbert. They need to step up. I liked what I saw from Bass last season

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right. Bass has shown more than Tolbert or Mazi . All three should have bigger roles. I will have to see it to believe it when it comes to Mazi and Tolbert. They need to step up. I liked what I saw from Bass last season
If they kick Tyler outside, I think Bass could hold down LG and they could try and draft a center with Edoga as depth but that would leave them an injury away from ugliness. I'd like to see them leave Tyler where he is, draft LT and C early, and use Bass and Edoga as depth. Drafting for need is tricky though

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. I need a bigger wall to bang my head against...
Maybe just a tougher wall
This might help sir.

Im here for the hard questions until 8AM 4/6/24

:D

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May change?
:laugh:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they kick Tyler outside, I think Bass could hold down LG and they could try and draft a center with Edoga as depth but that would leave them an injury away from ugliness. I'd like to see them leave Tyler where he is, draft LT and C early, and use Bass and Edoga as depth. Drafting for need is tricky though
You should draft the best player on your board all things considered. Everybody knows this but the Jones it seems with a few exceptions In the drafts lately. But drafting for need is how we ended up with Taco instead of Watts. I’ll never forgive maranelli for that!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should draft the best player on your board all things considered. Everybody knows this but the Jones it seems with a few exceptions In the drafts lately. But drafting for need is how we ended up with Taco instead of Watts. I’ll never forgive maranelli for that!
We have a few needs. I think one of the players we want will be there at 24. The problem is.. sometimes these guys think they a smarter then the 31 other GM'S and do something stupid. Nothing surprises me any more.