• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think dak says no to half a billion dollars & job security for the rest of his career?

think you are the one that is nuts on this one friend.
Bullcrap. Dak will make $100 Million more than that $450 Million than he would have by doing it the way he has. If you don't think Dak and his agent know that, I have some swampland in Arizona for sale.
As far as security the rest of his career...Dak has made over $50M in endorsements in his career and is averaging over $15 Million a year now off the field. His four year deal was $160 million and he's about to get 4 years and $260 Million. I'm sure he has night shivers worrying about his security

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say otherwise? you just make shit up and attribute it to me as if I said it. You aren't able to follow a simple discussion. Read what I write.

A 10 year deal up front has more security than a 4 year deal followed by a 4 year deal and 2 more 1 year tags. That's why the latter pays more. Always. Never did I say this wasn't the case. What I said was if we gave Dak Mahomes deal when he signed his 4 year deal he would have taken it. You then twist that into some bizarre scenario that seems to change each time you post about it.
This is one crazy discussion going on here...

Whoever said it the other day was shot on... nothing had changed. The same old people still have the same difficulty with reading comprehension.

For the record, I think anyone would be a fool not to take a 10 year $450 million offer.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullcrap. Dak will make $100 Million more than that $450 Million than he would have by doing it the way he has. If you don't think Dak and his agent know that, I have some swampland in Arizona for sale.
As far as security the rest of his career...Dak has made over $50M in endorsements in his career and is averaging over $15 Million a year now off the field. His four year deal was $160 million and he's about to get 4 years and $260 Million. I'm sure he has night shivers worrying about his security
Sure he would make more if he signed 10, 1 year contracts for 10 years straight, but would have no security. but if all players knew they would get a new contract every year for 10 years. Yeah go with plan B, but that is an insane way to think. None of which would be so sure of themselves to do. Especially in a sport like football. Also a 10 year contract says the team has your back (they kinda have too)
Sorry bro. I dont know of any QB that wouldnt have taken a 10 year contract (for top dollar at the time) & all that comes with it (that isnt just money)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he would make more if he signed 10, 1 year contracts for 10 years straight, but would have no security. but if all players knew they would get a new contract every year for 10 years. Yeah go with plan B, but that is an insane way to think. None of which would be so sure of themselves to do. Especially in a sport like football. Also a 10 year contract says the team has your back (they kinda have too)
Sorry bro. I dont know of any QB that wouldnt have taken a 10 year contract (for top dollar at the time) & all that comes with it (that isnt just money)
I completely disagree. Why did he go 4 years instead of 5 or 6? And seriously, think of what you're saying for a second. Dak is only 3 years into this $40M per deal. He already wants $60M per just 3 years later. If he waits the next year, it's going up to $62-65M per, just as it escalated on the Cowboys last time.
But lets play this out. If Dak had signed the Mahomes deal(and understand, Dak got $40M per whereas Mahomes got $45M, but kets keep it at $45M). By that math, when his 4 year deal expires, then the Cowboys should go to Dak and say, "Hey buddy! If we had just offered you a 10 year, $450 million deal four years ago, it would have been a deal that several folks on the Cowboys board claim would have been IMPOSSIBLE to turn down...so lets do it! If we had given you that deal instead of the $160 we gave you. You would have 6 years and $290 Million left on that amazing deal! So let's do that right now! That comes out to $48 Million per for the next 6 years!" Of course, Dak and his agent would say, uh, FUCK YOU. Because next year at this time, 6 years will cost about $390 million. But im sure you are right. Dak and his professional agent were probably taken aback by their blind luck. I'm sure they are going, wow man, we are going to make an extra $100 million by doing this the way we are doing it.
I understand now. You guys are right. It's just complete luck he is making so much more money this way. Point taken

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I see the draft today for our hero's.

I crave LB's but concede without a trade down for an extra 3rd or getting a 4th... The 3rd round is the earliest I can see LB, AND I would draft LB before RB in darn near any situation. Trade out of 24 would be great. can't believe I'm saying this !

Best player more often than not for the first round. Must be an impact player for this team.
Jackson Powers-Johnson?
Graham Barton?
Cooper DeJean?

boils down to their board

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I see the draft today for our hero's.

I crave LB's but concede without a trade down for an extra 3rd or getting a 4th... The 3rd round is the earliest I can see LB, AND I would draft LB before RB in darn near any situation. Trade out of 24 would be great. can't believe I'm saying this !

Best player more often than not for the first round. Must be an impact player for this team.
Jackson Powers-Johnson?
Graham Barton?
Cooper DeJean?

boils down to their board
Powers-Johnson makes a lot of sense to me. Only thing there is, that really helps the most if their plan is to kick Tyler Smith out to LT and go with Bass or Udoga at LG. If they are gonna leave Smith at guard, I think LT becomes a critical need pick

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bass is the guard with Tyler playing LT.

PE1 & I think center is super important.

They never pick the player I want in the 1st. I'd sign Gilmore and draft Cooper DeJean at 24 to play Safety.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bass is the guard with Tyler playing LT.

PE1 & I think center is super important.

They never pick the player I want in the 1st. I'd sign Gilmore and draft Cooper DeJean at 24 to play Safety.
DeJean is a stud. Could play corner or safety well

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. I need a bigger wall to bang my head against...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerry and Stephen if Jerry and Stephen won't make McClay the GM and step aside(yeah, I know), then this ship may sink faster than the Titanic. They wasted Dan on his rookie deal. Now they are in such cap trouble(allegedly) that the are letting half their team walk, all the while on rookie contracts for Micah and Lamb. We are one more bad draft away from being in serious trouble

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...me...read the board dude. Who haven't you argued with since the season ended?
I wasn't arguing with them. I was talking to them, which is what you do on a chat board. Only one arguing is you. This shit was put to bed yesterday till you popped on with one of your whiney little jabs. Go bang your head some more, you're getting the expected results

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't arguing with them. I was talking to them, which is what you do on a chat board. Only one arguing is you. This shit was put to bed yesterday till you popped on with one of your whiney little jabs. Go bang your head some more, you're getting the expected results
YeaH, ok. You argue and name call like a little spoiled baby who is upset no one ever agrees with them. Check the board due. You don't name call and argue? Most of what you post seems negative in one way or another

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YeaH, ok. You argue and name call like a little spoiled baby who is upset no one ever agrees with them. Check the board due. You don't name call and argue?
I certainly do with you. What did your first post today have to do with anything except starting shit again. Go bang your head some more

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed Money trumps everything.
10-years security?
baseball sure, football not so much.

Mahomes at 10 years WAS legendary for football.
The guaranteed money is key. I see this FO balking at resetting the market with Dak especially after Watson signed with Cleveland.

I suppose they could surprise me,but I don't see it happening.

I think it will be a struggle for the Cowboys to make the playoffs this year. Too many gaping holes at critical positions on offense. No LT,center or RB.