• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first year of the salary cap Aikman was the highest paid player in the league. Now Aikman is the highest paid personality at ESPN.i think we have a tendency to forget our heroes are just like everyone else.
I think Troy would have gone the Mahomes route. 100%. Mahomes was the highest paid player. But with a different style deal than Dak

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Troy would have gone the Mahomes route. 100%. Mahomes was the highest paid player. But with a different style deal than Dak
I'm pretty sure every QB ever including both Dak and Troy would have taken the 10 year $450M deal Mahomes did. Not exactly charity there when the second highest deal is for $275M and at the time his $45M per was also the highest in the league.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you there. I think Staubach and Aikman, if they played today, would want to be paid fairly, but like Patrick Mahomes, would have signed a long term deal that didn't try to squeeze every dollar possible out of the club because they both wanted do badly to win. Which is exactly why I think we can't win one with Dak. He wants to win, but not at the expense of losing a dollar off his bottom line
I always been a fan of Dak. But at some point I was expecting results. A change of scenery could help both

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure every QB ever including both Dak and Troy would have taken the 10 year $450M deal Mahomes did. Not exactly charity there when the second highest deal is for $275M and at the time his $45M per was also the highest in the league.
That's inaccurate, at least in Dak's case. Dak wanted the shortest deal possible because it ensured one and maybe two more bites at the Apple. And he was right. 4 years ago no one thought he was really worth $40 million, now he will get $60 million per. 4 years from now top QB pay will be $80 million per. At 35-36, Dak may not get that but he will get a chunk. Imagine if Mahomes had gone that route. He started at an average of $45, but the average will go up, the difference is, the Chiefs can convert his salary to signing bonus anytime they rework him, and create as much space as they need over and over. He gets close to the same money he could have made, but is working WITH the Chiefs. Dak sure as fuck ain't working with the Cowboys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's inaccurate, at least in Dak's case. Dak wanted the shortest deal possible because it ensured one and maybe two more bites at the Apple. And he was right. 4 years ago no one thought he was really worth $40 million, now he will get $60 million per. 4 years from now top QB pay will be $80 million per. At 35-36, Dak may not get that but he will get a chunk. Imagine if Mahomes had gone that route. He started at an average of $45, but the average will go up, the difference is, the Chiefs can convert his salary to signing bonus anytime they rework him, and create as much space as they need over and over. He gets close to the same money he could have made, but is working WITH the Chiefs. Dak sure as fuck ain't working with the Cowboys
no. you aren't seeing the forest through the trees related to what Dak did. Dak specifically wanted a 4 year deal to get another big deal. He didn't want the shortest deal possible.. He wasn't happy being tagged and didn't want to be tagged a second time and even has a clause in his deal that he can't be. He didn't want a 2 or 3 year deal. He wanted a 4 year deal. The 10 year deal would have negated the concern of getting another big contract that and his concern that after a 5 year deal he might have been a little older and not able to pull down another big contract. Dak would have signed a 10 year deal and celebrated all the way to the bank.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. you aren't seeing the forest through the trees related to what Dak did. Dak specifically wanted a 4 year deal to get another big deal. He didn't want the shortest deal possible.. He wasn't happy being tagged and didn't want to be tagged a second time and even has a clause in his deal that he can't be. He didn't want a 2 or 3 year deal. He wanted a 4 year deal. The 10 year deal would have negated the concern of getting another big contract that and his concern that after a 5 year deal he might have been a little older and not able to pull down another big contract. Dak would have signed a 10 year deal and celebrated all the way to the bank
Brother, what are you talking about with forest for the trees lol. I'm saying Mahomes deal is team friendly and that Dak has straight up bent the Cowboys over their own desk and smashed their cap in the process. If you want to argue that Dak has the teams interest before his own, we will just agree to disagree, because that's as ridicules an opinion as I can imagine

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak sure as fuck ain't working with the Cowboys
This is why I don't think a deal gets done. Why make somebody the highed paid player if you are not winning championships? Somebody going to pay Dak,but I don't see Stevie doing it. Especially if Dak asks for a crazy amount of guaranteed money

I think both parties are full of crap on this. Every move made so far tends to hint that Dak is gone.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I don't think a deal gets done. Why make somebody the highed paid player if you are not winning championships? Somebody going to pay Dak,but I don't see Stevie doing it. Especially if Dak asks for a crazy amount of guaranteed money

I think both parties are full of crap on this. Every move made so far tends to hint that Dak is gone.
Well Herbert, Burrow, Lamar, etc are not winning championships but getting paid. QB's are not necessarily paid on winning Championships. They paid based on being one of the best in your field. Dak is top 10 in his field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brother, what are you talking about with forest for the trees lol. I'm saying Mahomes deal is team friendly and that Dak has straight up bent the Cowboys over their own desk and smashed their cap in the process. If you want to argue that Dak has the teams interest before his own, we will just agree to disagree, because that's as ridicules an opinion as I can imagine
What am I talking about? read what you wrote and what I responded. I thought it was crystal clear. If we offered Dak Mahomes deal he would have jumped at it in a second and he wasn’t just looking for the shortest deal possible. And I’m saying pretty much every player does the same thing including Aikman and Mahomes who you brought into the discussion.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I talking about? read what you wrote and what I responded. I thought it was crystal clear. If we offered Dak Mahomes deal he would have jumped at it in a second and he wasn’t just looking for the shortest deal possible. And I’m saying pretty much every player does the same thing including Aikman and Mahomes who you brought into the discussion.
That is completely laughable. They would not have done a 10 year deal. Not sure where you were during negotiations. You think it was the Cowboys idea to be going through this bullshit 4 years later? Whatever you think Bro

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is completely laughable. They would not have done a 10 year deal. Not sure where you were during negotiations. You think it was the Cowboys idea to be going through this bullshit 4 years later? Whatever you think Bro
I don't know if you aren't reading or comprehending. Dak wanted a 4 year deal, not a 5 year deal so he could get his second big deal and he felt after 5 years he might not get it as he would be 32. A 10 year deal gives him that second big deal up front. He absolutely did not want "as short of a deal as possible", he wanted a 4 year deal and you can bet your ass that he would have jumped at the 10 year deal in a second if offered because it would have accomplished his original goal in one fell swoop.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you aren't reading or comprehending. Dak wanted a 4 year deal, not a 5 year deal so he could get his second big deal and he felt after 5 years he might not get it as he would be 32. A 10 year deal gives him that second big deal up front. He absolutely did not want "as short of a deal as possible", he wanted a 4 year deal and you can bet your ass that he would have jumped at the 10 year deal in a second if offered because it would have accomplished his original goal in one fell swoop.
They would not sign for more than 4 years period. And they never would have signed for ten year. He would have 6 years left at $45 million per year instead of the $60 million per year he is about to make. If you believe that he wanted a 10 year deal. as I said, carry on Bro, lol

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would not sign for more than 4 years period. And they never would have signed for ten year. He would have 6 years left at $45 million per year instead of the $60 million per year he is about to make. If you believe that he wanted a 10 year deal. as I said, carry on Bro, lol
If Dak played well in the playoffs more consistently then I would have no problem extending him. Dak has played well in maybe 3 playoff games.

I sure as hell did not mind it when Troy got paid Troy played well in the vast majority of his playoff games. When teams took away Emmitt Aikman responded by putting the team on his back. That first Superbowl the Bills stacked the box and Aikman shredded the Bills.

So I say fuck Daks agent and fuck Dak as well

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dak played well in the playoffs more consistently then I would have no problem extending him. Dak has played well in maybe 3 playoff games.

I sure as hell did not mind it when Troy got paid Troy played well in the vast majority of his playoff games. When teams took away Emmitt Aikman responded by putting the team on his back. That first Superbowl the Bills stacked the box and Aikman shredded the Bills.

So I say fuck Daks agent and fuck Dak as well
I think that's an awfully good point. For Troy to be the highest paid player in the NFL...3 Super Bowl Rings, SB MVP...thats one thing. To have choked in the playoffs on more occasions than good games in the playoffs...thats a different bag of beans

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a Brock Purdy question that kind of pertains to the Cowboys situation...whether you are a proponent of the Cowboys extending 9 or not. If in a couple of years Brock Purdy tells the Niners, hey, I'll take $60 million per season to stay as QB, do you think they give him the money and part ways with some of their other talented players, or keep their roster in tact and just plug in another QB. I know what I think. And I can make the argument that Purdy has been Dak's equal in the regular season and outplayed him in the post season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's an awfully good point. For Troy to be the highest paid player in the NFL...3 Super Bowl Rings, SB MVP...thats one thing. To have choked in the playoffs on more occasions than good games in the playoffs...thats a different bag of beans
No one that I have seen has said Dak should be the highest paid player

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a Brock Purdy question that kind of pertains to the Cowboys situation...whether you are a proponent of the Cowboys extending 9 or not. If in a couple of years Brock Purdy tells the Niners, hey, I'll take $60 million per season to stay as QB, do you think they give him the money and part ways with some of their other talented players, or keep their roster in tact and just plug in another QB. I know what I think. And I can make the argument that Purdy has been Dak's equal in the regular season and outplayed him in the post season
First you need to say what is going to happen in the next couple of years. If he makes a SB every other year, hell yeah they'll pay him. They gave Jimmy G the highest annual salary in NFL history and he stinks.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one that I have seen has said Dak should be the highest paid player
So you're saying the Cowboys board is 100% agreed that Dallas should let him walk? Because I don't think it is. And there is no middle ground, because any scenario where they keep him without making him the highest paid player in the game is complete fantasy. The club has zero leverage