• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the CBS mock...because I know the player I wouldn't leave Deandra Baker on the board and in that mock they did. He will be able to play both man and zone, but a lot of man at UGA.

If AB is moved...imo it will be to OAK or GB if the compensation is a pick. I continue to think JAX will move Ramsey...so it could be for a player, or player and picks.

If they go the draft pick route, with the cap hit they would be taking on, imo anything less than GB's 12th pick is too low even for a 30 y/o WR. should they lose AB, yes the WR spot becomes more of a priority. Maybe not with #20 though...The Ohio St. kid KJ Hill projects as a 2-4 round player now, he's just one name...knowing Colbert they will want a 4.4 or better guy to pair with Juju.
Ramsey would be a huge upgrade, but I cannot in good conscience support that move. Trading one egotistical prick for another... Just bad business.

I'd much rather take Patrick Peterson and a draft pick. Pittsburgh West would be all over that trade.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the CBS mock...because I know the player I wouldn't leave Deandra Baker on the board and in that mock they did. He will be able to play both man and zone, but a lot of man at UGA.

If AB is moved...imo it will be to OAK or GB if the compensation is a pick. I continue to think JAX will move Ramsey...so it could be for a player, or player and picks.

If they go the draft pick route, with the cap hit they would be taking on, imo anything less than GB's 12th pick is too low even for a 30 y/o WR. should they lose AB, yes the WR spot becomes more of a priority. Maybe not with #20 though...The Ohio St. kid KJ Hill projects as a 2-4 round player now, he's just one name...knowing Colbert they will want a 4.4 or better guy to pair with Juju.

Oakland has 3 first round picks. 4, 24 and 27. Green Bay has 12 and 32. Could a AB for 24 and 27 trade go down? I don't think that would be good enough compensation but could that be in the FO's frame of mind? Detroit could use some WR help for Stafford but would they give up their 8 because their first pick wouldn't be until 43 at that point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO ILB is the top priority this offseason and draft. One that can cover and play 3 downs. I'm tired of seeing an ILB trailing wide open WRs/TEs/RBs. IMO it was the biggest hole and weakness on our D and it got exploited time and time again this season.

IDK which is the weakest...ILB or CB2, and I'm not sure it matters as water (a good OC/QB) will find the path of least resistance 100% of the time. But, I too am sick of watching WVil, Bostic or Fort dragging behind a wide open TE, totally out matched.

@ #20...IMO there are two LBs in this draft that would be better options than Bostic, and there are probably 3 or 4 draft options that are better than Sensabaugh at CB.

That said, I'm not sure a rookie CB is the answer in 2019 unless he's a stud.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey would be a huge upgrade, but I cannot in good conscience support that move. Trading one egotistical prick for another... Just bad business.

I'd much rather take Patrick Peterson and a draft pick. Pittsburgh West would be all over that trade.
Agree 100% on Patrick being the better option...but absent of something better, I would make that move for Ramsey. He's a mouth...not a malcontent imo.

Kingsbury will be charged with getting that OFC turned around...getting AB for his QB and maybe Fitz (one more yr.) would have to be attractive to him.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK which is the weakest...ILB or CB2, and I'm not sure it matters as water (a good OC/QB) will find the path of least resistance 100% of the time. But, I too am sick of watching WVil, Bostic or Fort dragging behind a wide open TE, totally out matched.

@ #20...IMO there are two LBs in this draft that would be better options than Bostic, and there are probably 3 or 4 draft options that are better than Sensabaugh at CB.

That said, I'm not sure a rookie CB is the answer in 2019 unless he's a stud.
Agree 100%!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland has 3 first round picks. 4, 24 and 27. Green Bay has 12 and 32. Could a AB for 24 and 27 trade go down? I don't think that would be good enough compensation but could that be in the FO's frame of mind? Detroit could use some WR help for Stafford but would they give up their 8 because their first pick wouldn't be until 43 at that point.

OAK in position to wheel and deal at 4.

Let's say JAX falls in love with Haskins...they would have to get ahead of NYG to ensure getting him. Who is there to make a deal? OAK can pick up a couple of picks which they can throw at PIT. Now at 7, they can probably take their guy and use 24 + 35 to get AB. For Colbert, you get add 24 and 35...probably get ILB at 20 and CB @ 24, DL/edge at 35. plus their 2nd rd pick.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send AB to San Francisco for George Kittle and the #2 pick. Use the pick to land an exceptional ILB. Steelers have to get some serious value if they decide to move him.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler tweeted today Butler is basically staying because he had a good meeting with Tomlin.

Tomlin continues to not have the guts to get rid of an OC/DC not on an expiring contract and the Steelers will continue to bang their head off this wall.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peter King podcast with Aditi.

Steelers talk starts at about 20, and goes for the next 25.

Some really insightful stuff.

Lots of people come out looking bad. Team in disarray, Art2 over his head kind of stuff.

Everyone should give it a listen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is giving 24 and 27, maybe one of them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zero chance they would trade the 2, much less kittle and the 2
Send AB to San Francisco for George Kittle and the #2 pick. Use the pick to land an exceptional ILB. Steelers have to get some serious value if they decide to move him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk today in the radioo from god i forget what reporter. THat AB wants to stay, and that they most likely will keep him, unless the doors are blown off. Lets not be naive were not getting a high pick for him, probably not multiple first of any kind either

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he heard it from Aditi in the podcast interview that I posted just above.

He doesn't WANT to be traded, but she thinks there is a less than 50% chance that he stays.

If Tomlin polls the lockerroom and the vets don't want him around, his hand is forced. Or this shitshow goes into overdrive.
depends what they want in return. I think the people thinking were getting a top 15 pick are going to be sorely disappointed. Also anything thinking multiple firsts or a 1st and fairly good starter are gonna be disappointed. I think the best thing we could hope for right now, is oakland to bite and trade us the pick thye got from the bears.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some reports say this is it, no more cuts, then aditi i think said she hear more are coming