• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk today in the radioo from god i forget what reporter. THat AB wants to stay, and that they most likely will keep him, unless the doors are blown off. Lets not be naive were not getting a high pick for him, probably not multiple first of any kind either

With everything going silent on AB's end, and Ben basically saying it's a non-issue, this was the likely outcome...swept under the rug.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler...proof in the pudding here that Tomlin wants to keep a DC in there that he can "work with".

This imo does set up for Tomlin to be directly in the line of fire should they miss the playoffs again....if they make it and win a game or two Art is not going to cut him loose. With McCarthy on the market in 2020, I don't think this regime came miss the playoffs, or go one and done....we shall see.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler...proof in the pudding here that Tomlin wants to keep a DC in there that he can "work with".

This imo does set up for Tomlin to be directly in the line of fire should they miss the playoffs again....if they make it and win a game or two Art is not going to cut him loose. With McCarthy on the market in 2020, I don't think this regime came miss the playoffs, or go one and done....we shall see.
yep totally agree

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok keep pipe dreaming. Been a million analysts discussing this lately.

Whatever. You took the bait and missed the point. The Steelers hold all the cards here and in no way have to trade him. The 49ers are a team rumored to be making an offer for AB. The Steelers wont just give him away. Either they make the Steelers an offer they cant refuse or the Steelers hang up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. You took the bait and missed the point. The Steelers hold all the cards here and in no way have to trade him. The 49ers are a team rumored to be making an offer for AB. The Steelers wont just give him away. Either they make the Steelers an offer they cant refuse or the Steelers hang up.
im not taking any bait. THe steelers do hold the cards. Perhaps they are insane and do give up the top 5 pick. But kittle on top of it?> they are gonna give up their best young receiving talent PLUS the top 5 pick?

Kittle himself, playing with nick mullens, as a tight end
rec.PNG
Kittle had more receiving yards than AB. Obviously less TD's. 16 less catches. but 32 less targets. Hes a tight end though, and had numbers that were startling. Hes also 25. AB is 30. Age plays a role here too.

I just dont see anyway you give up a blue chip prospect, top 5. The defacto #1 at worst #2 Tight end. For a 30 year old WR no matter how good he is. THis exact scenario was discussed at length on espn radio, and nfl today as well.

I would absoutley love to do that deal. LOVE it. I think if we could even get the top 5 pick it would be an absolute fleecing. most analysts, and again, they are analysts , are stating that a mid teens, and at best 12 pick is the best we could hope for, more like a later pick and maybe a player or mid round pick. Perhaps a future pick. Teams just dont give up those high draft picks.

The tune has changed for the steelers. That they need to be "blown away". Maybe they get blown away, look what cooks, and cooper fetched. BUT they are younger, and that again is a factor. Again not trying to be a dick.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it's not a top 10-15 pick, it's gonna have to be a combo of picks, I would think.
see my last comment for any rebuttal, again, i may be wrong. Ive just been listening ALOT, reading ALOT, and using a bit of my own though logic

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not taking any bait. THe steelers do hold the cards. Perhaps they are insane and do give up the top 5 pick. But kittle on top of it?> they are gonna give up their best young receiving talent PLUS the top 5 pick?

Kittle himself, playing with nick mullens, as a tight end
View attachment 195399
Kittle had more receiving yards than AB. Obviously less TD's. 16 less catches. but 32 less targets. Hes a tight end though, and had numbers that were startling. Hes also 25. AB is 30. Age plays a role here too.

I just dont see anyway you give up a blue chip prospect, top 5. The defacto #1 at worst #2 Tight end. For a 30 year old WR no matter how good he is. THis exact scenario was discussed at length on espn radio, and nfl today as well.

I would absoutley love to do that deal. LOVE it. I think if we could even get the top 5 pick it would be an absolute fleecing. most analysts, and again, they are analysts , are stating that a mid teens, and at best 12 pick is the best we could hope for, more like a later pick and maybe a player or mid round pick. Perhaps a future pick. Teams just dont give up those high draft picks.

The tune has changed for the steelers. That they need to be "blown away". Maybe they get blown away, look what cooks, and cooper fetched. BUT they are younger, and that again is a factor. Again not trying to be a dick.

No offense taken. I just came up with a crazy scenario to show that these teams had better not call the Steelers up and expect AB for nothing. They waste the Steelers time and the Steelers should return the favor.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense taken. I just came up with a crazy scenario to show that these teams had better not call the Steelers up and expect AB for nothing. They waste the Steelers time and the Steelers should return the favor.
i agree. But i think this could turn into Bell. or worse, because AB is front and center. If you can get a first for him, id think long and hard about taking it. If oyu can get a 1 and a three, even a late one, id take it and run. grab some defensive help and lets go

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see my last comment for any rebuttal, again, i may be wrong. Ive just been listening ALOT, reading ALOT, and using a bit of my own though logic

AB has been the leading receiver on this team since 2013, league leader in TDs, 6 straight years with over 100 receptions and 1200 receiving yards and 7 Pro Bowls in 9 years in the league. In my opinion, if we get anything less than a top 10 pick for him, we lost the deal. But, I can see taking a top 15 pick for him. I can also see us not trading him at all. I don't want him to be traded, but I understand if he is after he quit on the team in the last week. I would just like for one of these years to not be drama filled in the offseason. Been dealing with egos and drama queens for the last 2-3 years and I'm sick of it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Terry is probably right. This is just for shits & giggles b/c I doubt he's traded, but the cap hit PIT has to take on (essentially they would only be paying $1 mil less against the cap for him if he was not on the roster) puts them in a position where they won't just take a lower tier (20-32) pick and walk away happy.

If OAK talked about 24 and 35... or 27 and 35...I think PIT is more interested. But no way SF would or should give up Kittles AND their #2 overall 1st rd pick or even #2 overall alone for AB...there would have to be more coming back to SF imo.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB has been the leading receiver on this team since 2013, league leader in TDs, 6 straight years with over 100 receptions and 1200 receiving yards and 7 Pro Bowls in 9 years in the league. In my opinion, if we get anything less than a top 10 pick for him, we lost the deal. But, I can see taking a top 15 pick for him. I can also see us not trading him at all. I don't want him to be traded, but I understand if he is after he quit on the team in the last week. I would just like for one of these years to not be drama filled in the offseason. Been dealing with egos and drama queens for the last 2-3 years and I'm sick of it.
so let me ask you this, He wasnt AB but look at his numbers from 2012 onward
I cant cut and post the pic for some reason, but 90 + catches, 1000+ yards, mostly 1200+ yards sans 1 year
guy got traded around the same age. he looked to be slowing this year, but he fetched a 4th thats it. Lots of similarities, and im talking about demarius thomas
Demaryius Thomas Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Terry is probably right. This is just for shits & giggles b/c I doubt he's traded, but the cap hit PIT has to take on (essentially they would only be paying $1 mil less against the cap for him if he was not on the roster) puts them in a position where they won't just take a lower tier (20-32) pick and walk away happy.

If OAK talked about 24 and 35... or 27 and 35...I think PIT is more interested. But no way SF would or should give up Kittles AND their #2 overall 1st rd pick or even #2 overall alone for AB...there would have to be more coming back to SF imo.
oh i agree, if were talking those later combos were more in business.........

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant cut and post the pic for some reason, but 90 + catches, 1000+ yards, mostly 1200+ yards sans 1 year
guy got traded around the same age. he looked to be slowing this year, but he fetched a 4th thats it. Lots of similarities, and im talking about demarius thomas

DT didn't put up near the same numbers AB did before he got traded and he was on a steady decline since 2014. Not all of AB's numbers went up compared to last year but are comparable to years past. Career high in TDs, more receptions than last year. Don't think the two can be compared due to the steady decline in DT for the last 3-4 years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but hasn't performed in the top tier of the league the last few years. His last great season was 2015.

He got traded after logging less than a 1000 yds his last season in DEN...if Brown were to be traded, he's coming off a 1300yd/15TD season....totally different perspective. Bebe was not being brought in as the WR1...I think AB would be the incoming WR1 on just about any team that would be in the market for him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, that just doesnt happen in todays nfl, not too often

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but hasn't performed in the top tier of the league the last few years. His last great season was 2015.

He got traded after logging less than a 1000 yds his last season in DEN...if Brown were to be traded, he's coming off a 1300yd/15TD season....totally different perspective. Bebe was not being brought in as the WR1...I think AB would be the incoming WR1 on just about any team that would be in the market for him.
im not disagreeing, he missed 1000 yards by like what 50? and had 93 receptions. yes a decline. but again ab is 30. IM just saying one went for a fourth, the other a top 15? the two wr trades recently were for young guys

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not disagreeing, he missed 1000 yards by like what 50? and had 93 receptions. yes a decline. but again ab is 30. IM just saying one went for a fourth, the other a top 15? the two wr trades recently were for young guys

I agree with the 30 y/o WR deal in general, but it's the same for AZ with a player like Patrick Peterson...he's aging, but still one of the top 5 CBs in the game now probably has 2 more peak-form seasons, top side 3....he's going to command almost as much as a 26 y/o CB that's a starter but not as good as PP.